Re: Welcome to ecw@onelist.com

  • andrew corcoran
    Message 1 of 19 , Oct 15, 1998
      subscribe

      >From ecw-return-gooner5=hotmail.com@onelist.com Fri Sep 18 03:38:26
      1998
      >Date: 18 Sep 1998 10:35:24 -0000
      >To: gooner5@...
      >Subject: [ecw] Welcome to ecw@onelist.com
      >From: ecw-owner@onelist.com
      >
      >Hello,
      >
      >Welcome to the list. Please take a moment to review this message.
      >
      >To unsubscribe from this list, go to the ONElist web site, at
      >www.onelist.com, and select the User Info link from the menu bar
      >on the left. This menu will also let you change your subscription
      >between digest and normal mode.
      >
      >Please keep all posts on topic. If you fail to do so, you will be
      >unsubscribed from the list.
      >
      >------------------------------------
      >
      >Ok, thats the important stuff. Now for the rest: I know this may be a
      stretch for some of us, by try and be mature. Remember, everyone is
      >entitled to their opinions even if they do happen to be stupid.
      >
      >I started this list to talk about ECW, because there doesn't seem to be
      anyplace else to. Please try to keep discussion about the other
      organizations to a minimum - if I wanted to have a list about WCW I
      would've started one about WCW. However, if you want to discuss other
      organizations in relation to ECW, that is cool.

      >One other thing - yes, we know Beulah and Francine are hot, but try and
      keep the lewd (and frankly quite stupid) comments to a minimum.

      >Sienna

    • Mike Jascowski
      Message 2 of 19 , Jan 15, 1999
        Hi,
        Is this an active list or is it dead?
        Mike Jascowski
        MikeJas@...
      • Chaz
        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 15, 1999
          I think its kinda dead.... Not anyone on it for AGES.... hi... what did you think of G A C?
          Message 4 of 19 , Jan 15, 1999
            At 06:04 PM 1/15/99 -0500, Chaz wrote:

            > I think its kinda dead.... Not anyone on it for AGES.... hi... what did
            > you think of G A C?

            I liked it. ECW did what it does best, blood and mayhem with some good tech
            wrestling. It is just too bad that they could not work PE into the show. A run
            in as the Dudleys talked crap would have been nice.

            Was it just me or did Van Dam look more stoned than usual?
            Mike Jascowski
            MikeJas@...
          • Ecw6nwo@xxx.xxx
            Message 5 of 19 , Jan 15, 1999
              << hi... what did
              > you think of G A C? >>

              It was the second best ECW PPV besides HeatWave....Good WRESTLING and brawling
              mixed in...RVD has really come into his own as a wrestler...
            • Ann R Clark
              Message 6 of 19 , Jan 15, 1999
                I agree. GAC was second to Heat Wave in my opinion. As Far as Sid, I think
                he's a great addition to the ECW roster. I loved his "match" at GAC. My god
                that was awesome. I'm just upset it happened to Kronus...this guy needs to
                catch a break (and not through a table!)
              • Chaz
                Message 7 of 19 , Jan 15, 1999
                  Yeah, SID is always an awsome guy. He's nuts and I like him for it. He
                  does however go to far in every fed and I don't see him lasting long... I
                  am hoping he lasts long enough for me to see him super powerbomb someone
                  like little guido through a table.. that would rule... Powerbomb
                  over-the-top-rope through a table and I think SID could do it.. I wonder
                  what his entrance music will be.

                  I think that Barely Legal was the best one, It had all the people in it that
                  made me start watching ECW.

                  ROB VAN DAM IS AWSOME, I am positive that he will soon be feuding with Sabu
                  for the Heavyweight strap.

                  Biggest pops of the night went to RVD and SID... Hmmm sumptin about 3
                  letters........TAZ

                  >I agree. GAC was second to Heat Wave in my opinion. As Far as Sid, I think
                  >he's a great addition to the ECW roster. I loved his "match" at GAC. My god
                  >that was awesome. I'm just upset it happened to Kronus...this guy needs to
                  >catch a break (and not through a table!)

                • Kathryn Hull
                  Message 8 of 19 , Jan 16, 1999
                    Much Better than N2R 98. I wonder if Shane is really going to retire?
                    From: Mike Jascowski <MikeJas@...>
                    To: ecw@onelist.com <ecw@onelist.com>
                    Date: Friday, January 15, 1999 4:25 PM

                    Message 9 of 19 , Jan 16, 1999
                      Well, I am really glad to see that this list isn't dead.
                      Since it is better again let me ask a few questions to see what the majority feels.

                      First, do you feel that ECW should do a better job with their official website? If so, what do they need?

                      Do you think that Kronus should abondon ECW and if so, do what?

                      Are you tired of factions like the FBI and Dudleys getting more worthless members while people like 2 Cold Scorpio are never used?

                      Do you think PPVs are ruining the ECW hardcore style?

                      Lastly, it is obvious that ECW lacks big names right now, who do you think will jump ship next and go where, and who do you think will be brought to ECW?
                      Message 10 of 19 , Jan 16, 1999
                        At 01:56 PM 1/16/99 -0500, you wrote:

                        > Well, I am really glad to see that this list isn't dead.
                        > Since it is better again let me ask a few questions to see what the majority
                        > feels.
                        >
                        > First, do you feel that ECW should do a better job with their official
                        > website? If so, what do they need?

                        They need a web master that knows what they are doing and is willing to put in
                        the time needed to keep the information on the sight current. Results would be
                        nice, ECW photos - taken by their ringside photog would be nice and an up to
                        date coming events section. All of this info is available elsewhere, but it
                        would be nice if ECW put it out.

                        > Do you think that Kronus should abondon ECW and if so, do what?

                        Poor John has been lost since Saturn left. I think what he needs is a boot in
                        the ass to get back in the gym and get back into shape. Then he needs someone
                        to work with him on how to "wrestle" a match. Not just hit some high spots and
                        bleed. When John was working with Saturn I am assuming Perry did all these
                        things for him.

                        > Are you tired of factions like the FBI and Dudleys getting more worthless
                        > members while people like 2 Cold Scorpio are never used?

                        2 Cold is under contract to the WWF . he only came in to work a couple of spot
                        shows. The FBI and Dudleys draw some decent heat. As long as the angles are
                        kept semi-fresh they do ok.

                        > Do you think PPVs are ruining the ECW hardcore style?

                        Yes and no. I think the hardcore style is ruining itself. The guys are starting
                        to wear down. Look at Sabu, how much longer can he keep doing these crazy
                        highspots and destroying his body? Guys taking these insane bumps is going to
                        result in someone getting badly hurt sooner or later. As for as PPVs go, if ECW
                        gets the numbers (ratings) they will be able to do what ever they want.

                        > Lastly, it is obvious that ECW lacks big names right now, who do you think
                        > will jump ship next and go where, and who do you think will be brought to
                        > ECW?

                        Big names? What big names has ECW lost that were big names BEFORE they come in?
                        The only 2 that come to mind are Catus and BamBam. Just about everyone else
                        that left made their name in ECW. I think given time that new names get over.
                        Mike Jascowski
                        MikeJas@...
                      • Ecw6nwo@xxx.xxx
                        Message 11 of 19 , Jan 16, 1999
                          First, do you feel that ECW should do a better job with their official
                          website? If so, what do they need?>>>

                          Yes Bob Ryder sucks....

                          Do you think that Kronus should abondon ECW and if so, do what?>>>
                          He's lucky he has a job with ECW. WCW/WWF would never want him for varous
                          reasons.

                          Are you tired of factions like the FBI and Dudleys getting more worthless
                          members while people like 2 Cold Scorpio are never used?>>
                          2 Cold Scopio is not in ECW dude...When did the Dudleys get more members?

                          Do you think PPVs are ruining the ECW hardcore style?>>
                          Nope...

                          Lastly, it is obvious that ECW lacks big names right now, who do you think
                          will jump ship next and go where, and who do you think will be brought to ECW?

                          This statement is stupid...Mark my words...Sid will destroy ECW...He
                          sucks...ECW needs to devlope new talent like Cornio, Nova, Chetti etc..
                          instead of getting old guys like TPE and worthless pieces of crap like Sid...
                        • Ann R Clark
                          Message 12 of 19 , Jan 16, 1999
                            Yeah, PPV is making it "less hardcore" but we gotta deal with it cause it's
                            not going to go away.

                            Kronus SHOULD abondon ECW and I say this with the highest respect for him.
                            He's a GREAT athlete, he lost weight like he was supposed to and even
                            though I marked out for Sid I actually thought Kronus was gonna get a
                            semi-push at the PPV.
                          • Scarletina@xxx.xxx
                            Message 13 of 19 , Jan 16, 1999

                              << First, do you feel that ECW should do a better job with their official
                              website? If so, what do they need?>>

                              Some actual information would be nice. =]

                              <<Do you think that Kronus should abondon ECW and if so, do what?>>

                              I think he should get on slimfast.

                              <<Are you tired of factions like the FBI and Dudleys getting more worthless
                              members while people like 2 Cold Scorpio are never used?>>

                              Well, 1 - 2 Cold Scorpio is busy in the WWF, and 2 - I think Heyman is working
                              on bringing in a lot of good, new talent.

                              << Do you think PPVs are ruining the ECW hardcore style?>>

                              No. To be big, ECW needs to find a happy medium between hardcore and quality
                              wrestling.

                              <<Lastly, it is obvious that ECW lacks big names right now, who do you think
                              will jump ship next and go where, and who do you think will be brought to ECW?

                              Nova will be next, I think... ECW should try and bring in some quality indy
                              guys. Like Low-key, the only kid that makes LIWF worth watching.

                              Sienna
                            • Chaz
                              Message 14 of 19 , Jan 18, 1999
                                Yeah everyone,
                                Just thought you'd like to know that a new ECW mailing list opened up on
                                OneList called EXTREME....

                                But anyways, Public Enemy just came back to ECW.......
                                what are some thoughts out there as too what role they should have... and
                                how much do you think they make?

                                >Yeah, PPV is making it "less hardcore" but we gotta deal with it cause it's
                                >not going to go away.
                                >
                                >Kronus SHOULD abondon ECW and I say this with the highest respect for him.
                                >He's a GREAT athlete, he lost weight like he was supposed to and even
                                >though I marked out for Sid I actually thought Kronus was gonna get a
                                >semi-push at the PPV.

                              • danny wcwecwwwf
                                Message 15 of 19 , Jul 7, 1999
                                  i got my own wrestling club but i try to keep it update and can never
                                  find stuff about ecw so i thought this world be a really cool way to
                                  bring stuff to my club about ecw
                                  i hope to hear for everyone really soon
                                  danny

                                  --- ecw-owner@onelist.com wrote:
                                  > Hello,
                                  >
                                  > Welcome to the list. Please take a moment to review
                                  > this message.
                                  >
                                  > To unsubscribe from this list, go to the ONElist web
                                  > site, at
                                  > www.onelist.com, and select the User Info link from
                                  > the menu bar
                                  > on the left. This menu will also let you change your
                                  > subscription
                                  > between digest and normal mode.
                                  >
                                  > Please keep all posts on topic. If you fail to do
                                  > so, you will be
                                  > unsubscribed from the list.
                                  >
                                  > ------------------------------------
                                  >
                                  > Ok, thats the important stuff. Now for the rest: I
                                  > know this may be a stretch for some of us, by try
                                  > and be mature. Remember, everyone is
                                  > entitled to their opinions even if they do happen to
                                  > be stupid.
                                  >
                                  > I started this list to talk about ECW, because there
                                  > doesn't seem to be anyplace else to. Please try to
                                  > keep discussion about the other organizations to a
                                  > minimum - if I wanted to have a list about WCW I
                                  > would've started one about WCW. However, if you
                                  > want to discuss other organizations in relation to
                                  > ECW, that is cool.
                                  >
                                  > One other thing - yes, we know Beulah and Francine
                                  > are hot, but try and keep the lewd (and frankly
                                  > quite stupid) comments to a minimum.
                                  >
                                  > Sienna

                                  ===
                                  HERE IS HOW YOU GET TO YOU WRESTLING CLUB
                                  http://www.angelfire.com/mo/stuff456/wrestling.html
                                  please help me get new people to join
                                  thank you wrestling fans
                                  danny parker
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Jul 7, 1999
                                    Just to kinda update ya'll - i used to use this list to send out my column on
                                    ECW, but I stopped writing that awhile ago, just never got around to shutting
                                    the list down... if you people want to talk ECW, then have a blast =]

                                    Sienna