N346bn Scandal: Details of Akingbola Worldwide Assets to be Frozen... And Still on Mutallab of Nigeria

  • Economic Confidential
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2010
      Latest News and Features from the Redesigned website of the Economic Confidential magazine: www.economicconfidential.com

      N346bn Scandal: Details of Akingbola’s Worldwide Assets to be Frozen…Include Properties in Lagos, Ghana, Dubai, London and various shares: After paying over £9.8million Pound Sterling to his English solicitors, the former Managing Director of Intercontinental Bank Plc, Dr, Erastus Akingbola is in fresh financial dilemma as a Federal High Court granted a Mareva injunction on his worldwide assets for total offences amounting to the tune of N346 billion and over 1 million GBP Sterling…Read and see some of the assets

      In Defence of Abdul Mutallab of Nigeria – A Response to MEND: One of the organisations that shamelessly coloured the incident with sectional and religious undertone was the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND), whose official statement on the suspect was to urge governments around the world to pay more attention to northern Nigeria, claiming that the region is a threat to world peace and "fertile ground" for international terrorism. They also provoke ember of hatred by insinuating that…Read

      Jimoh Ibrahim to Acquire Oil Licence and University in Sao Tome: The Chairman of NICON and Global fleet Group of Companies, Barrister Jimoh Ibrahim has indicated the interest of his organisation to acquire Oil and Gas Licence and establish a private University in the Republic of Sao Tome and Principe. He also announced the commencement of NICON Insurance operation in its new branch in that country… Read

      State News listed below can be accessed from this LINK

      Kano Proposes N110bn for Budget 2010

      Kaduna Proposes N196.7bn for 2010 Budget

      Yobe Proposes N62.42b for 2010 Budget

      Osun Assembly Approves 2010 Budget

      Anambra Proposes N67 Billion for 2010 Budget

      Feature articles listed below can be accessed from this LINK

      Erastus Akingbola: A Drowning Man?

      In Defence of the Vice-President, in the Failure of the President Doing the Right Thing

      Addressing Distress in the Banking sector

      Micro Financing in Nigeria: A Dire Need for “Sanusitization”

      Introducing Home Makers

      Your New Website

      The new website of the Economic Confidential provides platform for members and comments on all issues. You can also use our Search Engine to search for stories and features we have published. We thank you for being with us in the last three years of our existence as factual, authoritative and accessible economic magazine.

      Economic Confidential
      Factual, Authoritative and Accesible
      Nigeria's Economic Magazine