The Eden Project in Cornwall and some news

  • Saleem H. Ali
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 25 8:34 AM
      Dear colleagues

      Here is a link to an article on my National Geographic blog regarding
      "The Eden Project" -- an environmental education effort focused on mining in Cornwall UK which just celebrated a decade last year and is facing some new challenges (and opportunities):

      http://newswatch.nationalgeographic.com/2012/04/25/eden/

      Also, I am pleased to report the following news: I will be moving to the
      University of Queensland, Australia in July to direct the Centre for
      Social Responsibility in Mining. I am honored and humbled by the
      confidence placed in me by UQ. My current emails will continue to be
      reachable since I will also retain my tenure in Vermont (on extended
      leave of absence -- one of the luxuries of a tenured full professorship in American academia :)

      Here is the web link to the press release from UQ:

      http://www.uq.edu.au/news/?article=24634

      The work of the institute for environmental diplomacy and security which I started at UVM two years ago will continue with Dr. Rycki Maltby as director and I will help as needed ex officio with ongoing projects.

      I look forward to exploring new prospects for collaboration with many of you via CSRM.

      Warm regards
      Saleem

      Saleem H. Ali, Ph.D.
      Professor of Environmental Planning and Asian Studies
      Rubenstein School of Environment and Natural Resources
      Director, Institute for Environmental Diplomacy and Security
      James M. Jeffords Center for Policy Research
      University of Vermont,
      153 S. Prospect St.
      Burlington VT 05401, USA

      http://www.uvm.edu/~shali