Fwd: Icarus Films- new mining related films

  • Reid Lifset
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2010
      Dear ecominerals list members,

      I was contacted by Icarus Films about having some of their new releases reviewed in the journal that I edit.  Many of the titles are not quite relevant the journal's readership, but Icarus has many films related to mining.  If anyone on the list is interested in reviewing some of these films, please contact Icarus directly.  I assume that you will need to find a journal or other outlet that is interested in publishing such a review.

      Thanks,
      Reid Lifset

      From: "Sylvia Savadjian" <sylvia@...>
      To: <reid.lifset@...>
      Subject: Icarus Films- new mining related films
      Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 12:26:48 -0500

      Dear Reid,

      Regarding the mining related film titles I was mentioning, Open Sky deals with strip mining, land rights and environmental impact in Argentina and I think would be of particular interest to ecominerals for review consideration.  Please see: http://www.icarusfilms.com/new2010/os.html

      I would encourage you to also look at (and pass along) a pdf of our new catalog on films related to environmental issues and sustainability for a more thorough overview:
      http://www.icarusfilms.com/pdf.html

      Thanks very much and I look forward to hearing from you.

      Best regards,
      Sylvia

      Sylvia Savadjian
      Director of Marketing & Publicity
      Icarus Films
      32 Court Street, 21st Floor
      Brooklyn, New York 11201

      Tel: 718.488.8900
      Fax: 718.488.8642
      sylvia@...
      www.icarusfilms.com
      www.twitter.com/icarusfilms
      www.facebook.com/icarusfilms

      Reid J. Lifset, Assoc. Dir.                         School of Forestry & Env. Studies
      Industrial Environmental Mgmt. Program    Yale University
      Editor, Journal of Industrial Ecology              195 Prospect Street
      203-432-6949 (tel)  -5912 (fax)                     New Haven, CT   06511 USA
      reid.lifset@...