Fw: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Digest Number 2116

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 16 10:41 AM
      Hi All -

      Interesting list below - hope everyone's having a wonderful summer!

      For some odd reason, I haven't gotten my eckankartruth "daily digests" for a long time and I don't go to the website, so if there are any posts here I generally don't know about it.  Maybe later I'll pop over to the website & check, but have to do some garden work.

      I recently visited one of my most favorite places on earth - the plant clearance racks at Lowe's - got some kind of unlabeled succulent plant, no one knows what it is, but it's a big rosette with 8 "octopus" arms coming out of it, with buds on the end!!!   Can't wait until it blooms!!!   And just this morning, I noticed a new baby plant peeking out from one of the leaves!!!

      And, can't believe it - I was digging in the big Rubbermaid garbage can where I keep my empty pots, and found a box of lilly bulbs I'd gotten on clearance months ago - perhaps as long ago as late last fall - well, the poor little things were in plastic bags with wood chips in the little box, I can't believe they're still alive & trying to grow!!

      I buy a lot of plants, etc., on clearance so you never know how they'll do - last ;year & the year before I got reduced glad bulbs, forget where, local grocery store I think - well, last year I got a few pitiful little yellow blossoms, but this morning one that I'd planted at my next-door neighbor's is in full bloom, a beautiful orange!!!!!   We don't have a lot of room to plant here, I overflowered my own little flowerbeds so the neighbors let me plant in theirs, which is sort of better than my own because I can see theirs but not mine!

      Okay, gotta go - hope no one else rarely thinks about that idiot cult we used to belong to!!  <ggg>

      Enjoy summer, but THINK SNOW!!!!!!!   I don't really like the heat, except for gardening.

      1a. Here's an interesting list
          Posted by: "robokidnx" agent46@... robokidnx
          Date: Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:57 pm ((PDT))

      Eckankar is a corporation with all the self-serving, self-preserving DNA of any modern Machiavellian corporate institution. Its only product is systematic indoctrination into a kind of hierarchical religious mysticism and dogma that are (conveniently) highly compatible with neo-liberal capitalism and social Darwinism.

      Enough years have passed now and enough customers have been injured and mislead for the jury to come back with a clear verdict.

      Here's an article featuring a list of "spiritual sicknesses" that are, in fact, treated as features of the eckankar product by those who live and die by their brand loyalty. The product is comparable to adulterated fast food, but some people still buy and consume it.

      http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mariana-caplan-phd/spiritual-living-10-spiri_b_609248.html

      Messages in this topic (2)
      1b. Re: Here's an interesting list
          Posted by: "prometheus_973" prometheus_973@... prometheus_973
          Date: Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:12 pm ((PDT))

      Thanks, I liked it. Too bad
      that Eckists won't allow them-
      selves to see the truth in these
      words:

      "The following 10 categorizations are not intended to be definitive but are offered as a tool for becoming aware of some of the most common spiritually transmitted diseases.

      1. Fast-Food Spirituality: Mix spirituality with a culture that celebrates speed, multitasking and instant gratification and the result is likely to be fast-food spirituality. Fast-food spirituality is a product of the common and understandable fantasy that relief from the suffering of our human condition can be quick and easy. One thing is clear, however: spiritual transformation cannot be had in a quick fix.

      2. Faux Spirituality: Faux spirituality is the tendency to talk, dress and act as we imagine a spiritual person would. It is a kind of imitation spirituality that mimics spiritual realization in the way that leopard-skin fabric imitates the genuine skin of a leopard.

      3. Confused Motivations: Although our desire to grow is genuine and pure, it often gets mixed with lesser motivations, including the wish to be loved, the desire to belong, the need to fill our internal emptiness, the belief that the spiritual path will remove our suffering and spiritual ambition, the wish to be special, to be better than, to be "the one."

      4. Identifying with Spiritual Experiences: In this disease, the ego identifies with our spiritual experience and takes it as its own, and we begin to believe that we are embodying insights that have arisen within us at certain times. In most cases, it does not last indefinitely, although it tends to endure for longer periods of time in those who believe themselves to be enlightened and/or who function as spiritual teachers.

      5. The Spiritualized Ego: This disease occurs when the very structure of the egoic personality becomes deeply embedded with spiritual concepts and ideas. The result is an egoic structure that is "bullet-proof." When the ego becomes spiritualized, we are invulnerable to help, new input, or constructive feedback. We become impenetrable human beings and are stunted in our spiritual growth, all in the name of spirituality.

      6. Mass Production of Spiritual Teachers: There are a number of current trendy spiritual traditions that produce people who believe themselves to be at a level of spiritual enlightenment, or mastery, that is far beyond their actual level. This disease functions like a spiritual conveyor belt: put on this glow, get that insight, and -- bam! -- you're enlightened and ready to enlighten others in similar fashion. The problem is not that such teachers instruct but that they represent themselves as having achieved spiritual mastery.

      7. Spiritual Pride: Spiritual pride arises when the practitioner, through years of labored effort, has actually attained a certain level of wisdom and uses that attainment to justify shutting down to further experience. A feeling of "spiritual superiority" is another symptom of this spiritually transmitted disease. It manifests as a subtle feeling that "I am better, more wise and above others because I am spiritual."

      8. Group Mind: Also described as groupthink, cultic mentality or ashram disease, group mind is an insidious virus that contains many elements of traditional co-dependence. A spiritual group makes subtle and unconscious agreements regarding the correct ways to think, talk, dress, and act. Individuals and groups infected with "group mind" reject individuals, attitudes, and circumstances that do not conform to the often unwritten rules of the group.

      9. The Chosen-People Complex: The chosen people complex is not limited to Jews. It is the belief that "Our group is more spiritually evolved, powerful, enlightened and, simply put, better than any other group." There is an important distinction between the recognition that one has found the right path, teacher or community for themselves, and having found The One.

      10. The Deadly Virus: "I Have Arrived": This disease is so potent that it has the capacity to be terminal and deadly to our spiritual evolution. This is the belief that "I have arrived" at the final goal of the spiritual path. Our spiritual progress ends at the point where this belief becomes crystallized in our psyche, for the moment we begin to believe that we have reached the end of the path, further growth ceases.

      "The essence of love is perception," according to the teachings of Marc Gafni, "Therefore the essence of self love is self perception. You can only fall in love with someone you can see clearly--including yourself. To love is to have eyes to see. It is only when you see yourself clearly that you can begin to love yourself."

      It is in the spirit of Marc's teaching that I believe that a critical part of learning discernment on the spiritual path is discovering the pervasive illnesses of ego and self-deception that are in all of us. That is when we need a sense of humor and the support of real spiritual friends. As we face our obstacles to spiritual growth, there are times when it is easy to fall into a sense of despair and self-diminishment and lose our confidence on the path. We must keep the faith, in ourselves and in others, in order to really make a difference in this world."

      Adapted from Eyes Wide Open: Cultivating Discernment on the Spiritual Path (Sounds True)

      "robokidnx" <agent46@...> wrote:

      > Eckankar is a corporation with all the self-serving, self-preserving DNA of any modern Machiavellian corporate institution. Its only product is systematic indoctrination into a kind of hierarchical religious mysticism and dogma that are (conveniently) highly compatible with neo-liberal capitalism and social Darwinism.
      >
      > Enough years have passed now and enough customers have been injured and mislead for the jury to come back with a clear verdict.
      >
      > Here's an article featuring a list of "spiritual sicknesses" that are, in fact, treated as features of the eckankar product by those who live and die by their brand loyalty. The product is comparable to adulterated fast food, but some people still buy and consume it.
      >
      > http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mariana-caplan-phd/spiritual-living-10-spiri_b_609248.html

      Messages in this topic (2)

      <*> Your email settings:
          Digest Email  | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous-normal@yahoogroups.com
          EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • noneckchains
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 13, 2013
        At least you're not getting "inDigestion". <gg> Too bad all living places aren't built with some gardening space. I don't know what I would do if not for the two trees in front of my place that have grown 3 stories high. For me, living trees and plants have such a soothing and healing affect, all from the EARTH plane of existence. NATURE is so wonderful and our place here imo is to take care of it and coexist, here and now.

        Let it snow! lol

        Non ;)