Reaching enlightenment

  • burton_latimer
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 22 6:52 AM
      Nasreddin was walking in the bazaar with a large group of followers. Whatever Nasreddin did, his followers immediately copied. Every few steps Nasreddin would stop and shake his hands in the air, touch his feet and jump up yelling "Hu Hu Hu!". So his followers would also stop and do exactly the same thing.
      One of the merchants, who knew Nasreddin, quietly asked him: "What are you doing my old friend? Why are these people imitating you?"
      "I have become a Sufi Sheikh," replied Nasreddin. "These are my Murids (spiritual seekers); I am helping them reach enlightenment!"
      "How do you know when they reach enlightenment?"
      "That's the easy part! Every morning I count them. The ones who have left – have reached enlightenment!"

      <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nasreddin#Delivering_a_sermon>
    • Non
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 27 10:30 PM
        Ha Ha Very funny and so true. Humor is the best kind of subversiveness.