Re: don't be afraid to leave Eckankar

  • prometheus_973
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 21, 2013

      believed. For some reason membership
      in a private (religious) club feeds
      the ego and this gives a false sense
      of security... but security none the
      less. The mind is a powerful tool
      but can become a poor master.

      Prometheus

      execkist wrote:
      I left Eckankar 10 years ago. I realized what it was (a cult) and nothing bad
      happened to me when I left. No, the "mahanta" did not "hand me back" all the
      terrible Karma he supposedly took from me to "help me". In fact, I landed a
      wonderful high paying job, built a beautiful new house on 5 wooded acres
      overlooking a beautiful brook, fell in love, got married, got a whole new bunch
      of friends, my daughter became a naturopathic doctor and I have a beautiful 2
      year old grandson living nearby, my son opened his own graphic design agency
      earning over 2 million in revenue.....um, am I missing anything? oh, yeah, I'm
      living happily ever after. I am fifty five years old. I have lived a wonderful
      life. If anything "bad" happens to me at this point, I will laugh about it all
      with God when I see "him/her" (eventually). But honestly, don't be afraid to
      leave Eckankar. You know you are in a cult when you are afraid what will happen
      to you if you leave. I can only tell you, God still loves me, and takes care of
      me, and I am happy. Don't be afraid to follow your heart. There are as many
      paths to God, as there are people. The only true path to God, is your own,
      whatever that is.
    • violinmike2002
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 21, 2013
        Thank you. Even if life sucks one is already a winner
        for leaving. Some times life can hand us our hat and boot us
        out the door so its nice to hear good tidings.

        Mike