don't be afraid to leave Eckankar

  • execkist12345
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 12, 2013
      I left Eckankar 10 years ago. I realized what it was (a cult) and nothing bad happened to me when I left. No, the "mahanta" did not "hand me back" all the terrible Karma he supposedly took from me to "help me". In fact, I landed a wonderful high paying job, built a beautiful new house on 5 wooded acres overlooking a beautiful brook, fell in love, got married, got a whole new bunch of friends, my daughter became a naturopathic doctor and I have a beautiful 2 year old grandson living nearby, my son opened his own graphic design agency earning over 2 million in revenue.....um, am I missing anything? oh, yeah, I'm living happily ever after. I am fifty five years old. I have lived a wonderful life. If anything "bad" happens to me at this point, I will laugh about it all with God when I see "him/her" (eventually). But honestly, don't be afraid to leave Eckankar. You know you are in a cult when you are afraid what will happen to you if you leave. I can only tell you, God still loves me, and takes care of me, and I am happy. Don't be afraid to follow your heart. There are as many paths to God, as there are people. The only true path to God, is your own, whatever that is.
    • prometheus_973
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 21, 2013
        Hello execkist and all,
        Yes, there is only good
        that occurs when people
        leave Eckankar. The H.I.s,
        especially, notice that
        a tremendous burden
        has been lifted from
        their shoulders. This
        elimination of stress
        is a healthy move. Everyone
        knows that too much
        stress negatively affects
        one's mental and physical
        health and well being.

        A new clarity of consciousness,
        along with contentment,
        often envelopes those who
        have finally been freed of
        religious dogma.

        And, some of those who
        have left the New Age
        fraud of Eckankar have
        returned to orthodox
        treatment by real medical
        doctors. They have gotten
        proper preventative diagnoses
        for diseases they didn't
        realize they had due to the
        wholistic route that Klemp
        constantly promotes.

        I have a friend who just
        found out she has PPC
        (a rare form of cancer
        affecting mostly women).
        The symptoms are always
        gastrointestinal and a CA
        125 blood test is needed
        to help determine cancer.
        But, she went the the New
        Age wholistic medical route
        and had not gone to a regular
        medical doctor for ten years.
        This cancer is most often
        detected in stage 3 or 4.

        This is why some of those
        in Klemp's inner circle have
        died of cancer. They waited
        too long, were in denial, and
        trusted in the Mahanta. They
        refused to see and didn't
        follow-up with real world
        medicine thinking that the
        Mahanta would protect them
        via alternative medical treatment.
        EKists emulate everything HK
        does thinking that they too
        are advanced spiritually by
        being his chosen ones.

        Personally, I'm still not sure
        that "God" even exists. It could
        be explained away by science.
        Time is non-existant in Black
        Holes and it's been proven
        that there are multiple universes...
        perhaps ten. No, these aren't
        "Planes" as is described in
        Sant Mat or Eckankar lore...
        it's different and aren't lands
        with familiar faced beings
        even though it can't be
        proven. That's the catch
        with religion... it's subjective
        hearsay and requires a pecking
        order with followers of various
        sorts.

        I was told a story of a woman
        (not an Ekists) who had a reoccurring
        and chilling dream of a young
        girl waving a handkerchief down
        a long hallway. Many years later
        she adopted a baby girl. When
        she was three she didn't speak
        much. While packing for a trip
        the mother spoke out loud to
        herself and said "I've forgotten
        my handkerchiefs." The little
        girl ran down to the other bedroom
        and came out into the hallway
        waving a handkerchief. The
        mother realized that this is
        what she saw in her dream.
        They had a very happy life
        together until the young girl
        was discovered to have breast
        cancer and died at the age of
        21.

        So, who can explain how
        premonitions work and
        this time-jump? Maybe
        it's part of how the universe
        works by transcending
        time for those tune in?
        It doesn't have to be God.
        God (Mahanta or Sugmad)
        is merely the unscientific
        explanation that all religions
        give to explain away cosmology.
        All religions make promises,
        and give hope via belief
        in order to alleviate fear
        and to control people.
        People want/need to believe
        in something and it will
        either be materialism (if
        wealthy) or God (if wanting).
        Of course that's a generalized
        statement and is not always
        the case. Many people believe
        in both materialism and the
        spiritual (a God) of some sort.

        For me, I'm still in transition
        with my beliefs, but not with
        Eckankar or a Mahanta. That's
        been resolved. No doubt.

        Klemp and Eckankar are frauds
        but all religions and their leaders
        are also fraudulent.

        It doesn't matter if these religions
        were established thousands of
        years ago as was Judaism... not
        Eckankar. This does not mean
        that time has given them validity.
        It only means that they've adapted
        and that their lies are still being
        believed. For some reason membership
        in a private (religious) club feeds
        the ego and this gives a false sense
        of security... but security none the
        less. The mind is a powerful tool
        but can become a poor master.

        Prometheus

        execkist wrote:
[...]
      • violinmike2002
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 21, 2013
          Thank you. Even if life sucks one is already a winner
          for leaving. Some times life can hand us our hat and boot us
          out the door so its nice to hear good tidings.

          Mike