Re: bad karma

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 30, 2013
      You know, I believe anything is totally possible - heck, I even believe it's totally possible that aliens are doing the mind-control thing too. In fact, I ran across a new website the other day where there seems to be a lot of info in one place: http://arcturi.com

      I forget which shows - just remember, one of them was Jesse Ventura, who was investigating some government place in Alaska, I'd seen it somewhere else, where perhaps the govt is sending mind-control beams to everyone.

      I've also knows a few strange people (to be honest I've thought perhaps they were alien-human hybrids) who could do things like just stare at people across a room and make them do things like scratch their heads...or fall asleep. Not everyone's susceptible to things like that TG. And the ones who can do things like that generally don't talk about it.

      So, who knows? But good grief, why doesn't the CiA (& aliens) do "good" things with mind control? Like, quit smoking & lose weight mind-control transmissions! Or just "love thy neighbor" and "do unto others"?

      There are a gazillion "good" things that could be done with mind control!!!!

      I don't really believe in karma & reincarnation, either. It makes no sense. Like, what if you've worked out all your "bad" karma and just released anyone who might "owe" you some kind of karma, so that actually you shouldn't have to come back? Like, say someone owes you a lot of money but you really don't care about it, always knew that they wouldn't pay me back altho they said they would. If there's nothing else I have to come back for, would I have to come back anyway so others could work out their karma with me?

      I dunno, but when I think about so many things, nothing really makes sense when you take it far enough.

      What the heck, maybe we're all just lab rats, personally I'd like to just be a happy lab rat, and focus on the nice things like grandkids & gardening.

      Have a good one, everyone!

    • gatsby_jay@ymail.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 31, 2013
        Aelfric Solas, You and I have differing opinions regarding the jonestown experience. However, that is not my concern here. My question was this: Does the eckankar literature (or leader) insinuate that bad things will befall the follower who leaves the path? Does he threaten bad karma, for example? I am not saying I believe these things; I am curious as to whether scare tactics are used to control followers.

        I have never been an eckist, so I must ask those who know.

        Thanks so much, Jay

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 1, 2013
          Just a few of the fear & threat messages are at: http://www.angelfire.com/hi2/eckankarsurvivors/threats.html

          A good article including threats:
          http://web.archive.org/web/20091022195731/http://geocities.com/Athens/Acropolis/1756/eck.txt

          Have you read the info in the links & files for more info? I just popped into the files but the one I was looking for wouldn't open for me.

        • gatsby_jay@ymail.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 1, 2013
            Yes, I have found your links now, and I do appreciate the info. I had a couple of questions that I wanted to ask former members. Thanks again, Jay...