Re: Truth vs. Fiction of the Sound Current?

  • placeboburger
    Message 1 of 31 , Dec 24, 2012
      --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "russrodnick" <russrodnick@...> wrote:

      > I thought eckankar was synonymous with the sound current.

      Some of the spiritual groups promote that concept. That initiation, and/or the Master connects the student to the sound current.

      But that isn't necessary. The sound is just a natural part of life. I think most people started hearing it in childhood, though they may not remember.

      I remember hearing it as a kid, head on the pillow. Listening to it seemed to open doors somehow -- until I drifted off to sleep.

      > Do you folks think the sound current is bogus? Delusions?

      I do not think in any way it is bogus, or tinnitus, or that it is a product of the physical body like ... like digestive sounds or heartbeat sounds.

      The sound for me is like an electrical current, it charges me up and brings me to a higher place. Mostly it's a whistle or like a note from a wind instrument.

      On some occasions it leads to music. It can sound like a giant stereo orchestra that never repeats. Or like an ultra pure bell sound, unlike any Earth bell.

      I doubt that any of it is caused by thinking or belief, hallucination, or random nervous system activity or what I had for breakfast.
    • etznab18
      Message 31 of 31 , Jan 10, 2013
        It is quite possible some of the Eckankar writings were inspired by those books you mentioned. Paul Twitchell once reportedly wrote:

        "[....] I have a book in my collection called the Sar Bachan written by Sardar Seva Singh, which is the teachings of the Sound Current, and acts as practically my Bible!"

        [Based on LTG Vol. 2, by Paul Twitchell, Copyright 1977, Fourth Printing 1986, p. 149]