Re: prove it is a ridiculous statement

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 27, 2012
      I can't believe I wasn't even thinking when I approved your posts. Todd, it's quite obvious you have NOT done your homework about former cult members and why we left. No one here is the least bit interested in what you have to say. We've been there, done that. If you're comfy holding on to your erroneous beliefs and assumptions, fine!!

      BYE!!!

      Sharon

      --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "todd_gambino" <todd_gambino@...> wrote:

      > i am never in the human conscious when doing any of the things i mentioned, heck if ex eckist don't know that simple principle i can understand why they felt like they were not making progress, the human conscious is so limited in its abilities, i look upon it as a machine.

    • Pete Chown
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 28, 2012
        Hi Todd,

        > i am never in the human conscious when doing any of the things i
        > mentioned, heck if ex eckist don't know that simple principle i can
        > understand why they felt like they were not making progress, the human
        > conscious is so limited in its abilities, i look upon it as a machine.

        Is that a bit like children playing at having super powers? They
        understand on one level that the powers aren't real, but they aren't
        going to think about that because it would spoil the game.

        Similarly, you know that you can't really visualise what I'm thinking,
        but it's a fun game. If someone asks you to prove it, you aren't going
        to think about it too deeply, just like children don't. I think you got
        close to the truth, though. Saying that the powers can only be used
        outside the human conscious is very similar to saying that they can only
        be used in the world of make-believe.

        I don't see anything wrong with make-believe. We don't say that
        literature is lies, even though it is made up. I just think Eckankar
        isn't a very good story. :-) It is all about the leadership, when it
        should be about the members too, because they -- you -- are also important.

        BTW, I'm sorry you lost your job and felt you deserved it. Obviously I
        don't know the details of that situation. I can't visualise other
        people's thoughts! The general point I'm making, though, is that people
        in authority don't necessarily have more insights than the people who
        report to them. Some authority figures are genuinely good, but some are
        chancers who talked their way into a top job, or they were just lucky.
        This goes for people in business, spiritual leaders, politicians, and so on.

        Somehow we have to work out who is genuinely talented and worth
        listening to, and ignore the charlatans. This is difficult, but neither
        of the simple options work well. If you give respect to everyone who
        seems to be in authority, you will get swindled. If you don't respect
        anyone, you won't benefit from the experience of others. I wondered if
        losing your job bounced you from the second to the first, setting you up
        to listen to a lot of words from Eckankar.

        Pete