prove it is a ridiculous statement

  • todd_gambino
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 27, 2012
      i am never in the human conscious when doing any of the things i mentioned, heck if ex eckist don't know that simple principle i can understand why they felt like they were not making progress, the human conscious is so limited in its abilities, i look upon it as a machine.
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 27, 2012
        I can't believe I wasn't even thinking when I approved your posts. Todd, it's quite obvious you have NOT done your homework about former cult members and why we left. No one here is the least bit interested in what you have to say. We've been there, done that. If you're comfy holding on to your erroneous beliefs and assumptions, fine!!

        BYE!!!

        Sharon

        --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "todd_gambino" <todd_gambino@...> wrote:

        > i am never in the human conscious when doing any of the things i mentioned, heck if ex eckist don't know that simple principle i can understand why they felt like they were not making progress, the human conscious is so limited in its abilities, i look upon it as a machine.

      • Pete Chown
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 28, 2012
          Hi Todd,

          > i am never in the human conscious when doing any of the things i
          > mentioned, heck if ex eckist don't know that simple principle i can
          > understand why they felt like they were not making progress, the human
          > conscious is so limited in its abilities, i look upon it as a machine.

          Is that a bit like children playing at having super powers? They
          understand on one level that the powers aren't real, but they aren't
          going to think about that because it would spoil the game.

          Similarly, you know that you can't really visualise what I'm thinking,
          but it's a fun game. If someone asks you to prove it, you aren't going
          to think about it too deeply, just like children don't. I think you got
          close to the truth, though. Saying that the powers can only be used
          outside the human conscious is very similar to saying that they can only
          be used in the world of make-believe.

          I don't see anything wrong with make-believe. We don't say that
          literature is lies, even though it is made up. I just think Eckankar
          isn't a very good story. :-) It is all about the leadership, when it
          should be about the members too, because they -- you -- are also important.

          BTW, I'm sorry you lost your job and felt you deserved it. Obviously I
          don't know the details of that situation. I can't visualise other
          people's thoughts! The general point I'm making, though, is that people
          in authority don't necessarily have more insights than the people who
          report to them. Some authority figures are genuinely good, but some are
          chancers who talked their way into a top job, or they were just lucky.
          This goes for people in business, spiritual leaders, politicians, and so on.

          Somehow we have to work out who is genuinely talented and worth
          listening to, and ignore the charlatans. This is difficult, but neither
          of the simple options work well. If you give respect to everyone who
          seems to be in authority, you will get swindled. If you don't respect
          anyone, you won't benefit from the experience of others. I wondered if
          losing your job bounced you from the second to the first, setting you up
          to listen to a lot of words from Eckankar.

          Pete