Re: ex eckist

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 25, 2012
      --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, Pete Chown <pete@...> wrote:

      > Hi Todd,
      >
      > > ex eckist who write negative comments about eckankar remind me so much
      > > of the employees that are hired by a company and in their first year
      > > they are eager to learn everything about this company, the second year
      > > they still don't know quite enough but have the basics down, the third
      > > year they are getting a little more confident then when they first
      > > started and are able to help new employees with the basics, by the
      > > fourth year with company they start to become a little vocal and start
      > > suggesting ways to improve certain areas in the company, by the fifth
      > > year they start to question the management and their ways in running the
      > > company, by the six year they have become supreme in all things dealing
      > > with the company and think the management is worthless or needs help,
      > > its about this time a new employee shows up and replaces you.
      >

      > Don't stop telling the story half way through. :-) Was the employee
      > right that the management was worthless?
      >
      > Pete

      This guy obviously doesn't know anything about ex-eckists OR eckankar. Gotta feel sorry for him.
    • Pete Chown
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 26, 2012
        Hi Sharon,

        > This guy obviously doesn't know anything about ex-eckists OR eckankar.
        > Gotta feel sorry for him.

        I know... But I thought the analogy was interesting. The implication
        was that the people running the business were bound to be right, and the
        employee wrong. That's very similar to someone in a cult thinking that
        the leadership is always right.

        Pete