Thanks, Etznab

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 20, 2012
      Really, I just want to thank you so much for all the work you've done over the years, documenting Twitch's plagiarism. I appreciate it *so* much, and I hope others appreciate the work you've done too.

      I made the mistake some years back of promising that I'd do a new & more comprehensive website, and that was a big mistake because I've never done it, and I take my promises very seriously, which is why I very seldom promise anything. My kids have always been very frustrated about that, because all they'd get was "I'll try my best!"

      So, I'm going to really try my best to do a website with all of your plagiarism discoveries in a neat & orderly way. I'm not making any promises, though. To be honest, since you're familiar with your own work, I wonder why you don't do it yourself! It's easy to do a website, really.

      Anyway....thanks *so* much, from the bottom & top of my heart!! I just hope that others appreciate you & all your work as much as I do!

      BTW, lately I'm just totally bogged down with doing surveys for $ & points towards gifts for the grandkids, and I'm getting *so* burned out!! So, I spent a bit of time on eckstuff, and also was in the mood for some poetry so I looked for yours again, and can't find it anywhere!! And I hope my mentioning it hasn't embarrassed you or anything, but after all, it *did* used to be on the internet, and if I found it, I'm sure other people could have so I don't think you meant to keep it private, unless you've changed your mind! And if you like, feel free to post it here at ET!

      It's just amazing how someone can be so detail-oriented - are you an engineer in "real life" perchance? I've known some engineers and they're fascinating, they're so "alien" to me, the way they're so detail-oriented & keep lists & all that stuff, mot at all poetic!! So hey, really, if they're not on the internet anymore, I'd love to read them again, would you mind sending them? And I hope I haven't embarrassed you or anything. but they did used to be on the internet along with your timeline, so anyone could've found them if they'd looked, just like I did.

      I'm just totally in awe of the way you've found all that plagiarism.

      Take care now, and thanks so much!

    • etznab@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 20, 2012
        "So, I'm going to really try my best to do a website with all of your
        plagiarism discoveries in a neat & orderly way. I'm not making any
        promises, though. To be honest, since you're familiar with your own
        work, I wonder why you don't do it yourself! It's easy to do a website,
        really."

        It's in the works. I can tell you that. Problem is, it's a gargantuan
        task. Just compiling the known plagiarisms is hard enough (there are so
        many) but then I keep finding new ones. I mean, have you any idea how
        much material for Paul Twitchell's books was compiled from other books
        and authors? And that's just the thing. Nobody knows unless they really
        look. And when they do it's like opening Pandora's Box!

        Already, in the past year, I've found appropriated material from
        sources not mentioned by anybody else. Perhaps not known by anybody
        else.

        Years ago I believed that so much of what I read had come from from Eck
        Masters mentioned by Paul Twitchell. That's because I didn't think to
        check, or verify.

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 20, 2012
          Hi Etznab -

          Oh believe me, I can appreciate it's a gargantuan task! At some point in my own "detracting" career I realized that darn, I'd done *so* much research & commentary on eckstuff that might have done more good on a website, but when I started out, I had *no* idea how much I'd end up doing. And all I did was comment on eckstuff and point out different silly things about it.

          What you've done is totally awesome. I can only imagine how you feel when you look at what you've done - and that big hole you're digging just keeps getting deeper & deeper!! And what's even more awesome is that you are/were an eckist. Not all eckists are reallly that interested in the truth, you know? I really appreciate your honesty & integrity, in publicly posting "the truth".

          I have no idea if you've kept track of all your discoveries, or if you've kept them in any kind of order, but I've been thinking, maybe the best way to do it is eckbook by eckbook. There's a problem there too, because Twitch used the same material in different books plus in the discourses - right now, I have *no* idea what they're putting in the discourses, and in what order.

          When I was a member, I took all that stuff about keeping the discourse material private & not letting it be seen by the profane eyes of the un=initiated or they would explode or something, then at some point I noticed that quite a bit of the discourse material was taken right from the "public" eckbooks.

          Yep, the enormity of it is totally mind-boggling!! And I can't imagine the work it took for Twitch to plagiarize so much from so any sources - good grief it seems to me that it would have been a lot easier for him to just paraphrase everything and write it all himself, you know?

          So, I don't know if you've kept track of all your work....I'm thinking perhaps the way to do it is eckbook by eckbook. Gawd, I haven't even looked at all my eckbooks for years - they look like porcupines with all the little post-its sticking out, marking pages!!

          Yep, it's an enormous job. And good grief, I moved to my current apartment 3 or 4 years ago and I'm still not unpacked!! Haven't looked at my eckstuff in so long.

          I was thinking earlier today, the way to do it might be eckbook by eckbook, I could do a search for your posts with a particular eckbook title, organize things in a notebook after printing them out - I ran out of printer ink quite a few years ago, but I just bought myself a new printer - it's still in the box. I don't do well with cyberstuff, I need "real" things, written down, so I want to start printing things out & organizing them in a notebook, eckbook by eckbook.

          It's really mind-boggling to think of what Twitch went thru doing all that plagiarizing - seems to me it would've been so much easier for him to just write his own stuff, paraphrasing everything!

          And to be honest, right now I'm more interested in just staring out my window hoping to see the albino cardinal again!!!! And, I had a big thrill just the other day - the neighborhood hawk landed in my everygreen bush, right in front of my window, only about 4' away!!! Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!

          And, although I've had a nice day "off", I realy need to get back to work on those darned surveys!!

          Take care now - and you know, if someone is really interested, they can do searches for all your posts. That's what I did back when I was an eckist and first got on the internet - I searched for anything I could find. Nowadays there's a heck of a lot more information here on the internet, though. But if someone's really interested in learning the truth, and finding the facts, they shouldn't mind doing a bit of work. It's definitely worth it!

          Okay, take care now, and have a nice Thanksgiving!

          --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, etznab@... wrote:

          > "So, I'm going to really try my best to do a website with all of your
          > plagiarism discoveries in a neat & orderly way. I'm not making any
          > promises, though. To be honest, since you're familiar with your own
          > work, I wonder why you don't do it yourself! It's easy to do a website,
          > really."
          >
          > It's in the works. I can tell you that. Problem is, it's a gargantuan
          > task. Just compiling the known plagiarisms is hard enough (there are so
          > many) but then I keep finding new ones. I mean, have you any idea how
          > much material for Paul Twitchell's books was compiled from other books
          > and authors? And that's just the thing. Nobody knows unless they really
          > look. And when they do it's like opening Pandora's Box!
          >
          > Already, in the past year, I've found appropriated material from
          > sources not mentioned by anybody else. Perhaps not known by anybody
          > else.
          >
          > Years ago I believed that so much of what I read had come from from Eck
          > Masters mentioned by Paul Twitchell. That's because I didn't think to
          > check, or verify.

        • Pete Chown
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 21, 2012
            Hi Sharon,

            > When I was a member, I took all that stuff about keeping the discourse
            > material private & not letting it be seen by the profane eyes of the
            > un=initiated or they would explode or something ...

            He probably plagiarised this too, from Scientology:

            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_thetan#Secrecy

            It seems like a useful technique. It keeps embarrassing information out
            of the public eye, but more importantly it makes the member feel that
            the information is highly significant. No doubt it's very exciting for
            Scientologists when they sign the promise of secrecy and get an envelope
            containing OT III in exchange.

            Then they can finally read about the Galactic Federation. (Seriously!)

            Pete
          • etznab@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 21, 2012
              I am keeping track of everything, and have a page for every Eckankar
              book by Paul Twitchell. So yes, this is how I'm going about it. Book by
              book!

              (The thing is I want to know where this information really came from
              that I'd been reading about for years.)

              There were examples illustrated by David Lane, for books like The Far
              Country, the Shariyat and others. Also, examples found by people like
              Stockdale? (I think that's the name), etc.

              About a year ago I started to tag posts with plagiarism information by
              assigning a unique set of numbers so I could easily find them later.
              What I've done in the past six months, or so, is retrieve that
              information (along with the examples by David and others) and lay it
              out on pages book by book. I've seen a lot. Probably more than just
              about anybody - and because I'm finding new examples all the time.

              Here's a short list of books and authors with writings similar, or
              exact, compared with the Eckankar books by Paul Twitchell.

              (Don't worry about saving this information to make a website. It's
              already being done.)

              The Tiger's Fang - The Path Of The Masters, Julian Johnson (1939), The
              Devil's Guard, Talbot Mundy (1926); Cosmic Consciousness, Ali Nomad
              (1913), The Secret of Light, Walter Russell (1947)

              The Key to Eckankar - The Power of Awareness, Neville Goddard (1952);
              Old Ugly Face, Talbot Mundy (1940); Practicing the Presence, Joel S.
              Goldsmith (1958)

              The Flute of God - The Dore Lectures on Mental Science, Thomas Troward
              (1909); The Path Of The Masters, Julian Johnson (1939); The Mysticism
              of Sound, Hazrat Inayat Khan (1923), The Hidden Power, Thomas Troward
              (1921); RADHASOAMI MAT PRAKASH (1897)

              Dialogues With The Master - Cosmic Consciousness, Ali Nomad (1915);
              Radhasoami Mat Prakash, (1897); AN INTRODUCTION TO THE THEORY OF
              RELATIVITY, L. BOLTON, M.A. (1921?); "The Master Key" by Charles Haanel
              - part 1 (1912)

              The Far Country - Path Of The Masters, Julian Johnson (1939); Louis
              Lavelle; Swami Vivekananda; Awakened Imagination, Neville Goddard (1954)

              Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad I - The Lost Continent of Mu, Col. James Churchward
              (1931); The Path Of The Masters, Julian Johnson (1939)

              The Spiritual Notebook - The Great Initiates by Edward Schure, (1961 -
              original version in French 1889)

              Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad II - The Path Of The Masters, Julian Johnson (1939);
              Lavelle; The Way of The White Clouds: A Buddhist Pilgrim in Tibet, by
              Lama Anagarika Govinda (1966), In search of the Miraculous, P. D.
              Ospensky (1949)

              The Eck-Vidya - The Key to the Universe, F. Homer Curtiss (1917)

              Letters to Gail I - The Path Of The Masters, Julian Johnson (1939);
              Lavelle; Scientology Axioms, Hubbard (1950s)

              The Talons of Time - Matter and Memory, Henri Bergson (1911)

              Letters to Gail II - Taking The Literary Pulse - Psychological Studies
              of Life and Letters by Joseph Collins (1924?, 2010)

              Letters to Gail III - The Thunder of Silence, Joel S. Goldsmith (1911)

              ***

              It's just a drop in the bucket and there are books I haven't gotten to
              yet. For the ones that I have gotten to the number of examples found so
              far are probably just the tip of an iceberg. And I still haven't
              captured all the information, I mean all the examples, made public to
              date.