Re: Looking for December 1979 Memo

    Message 1 of 21 , Jul 7, 2012
      This is great! ROFLMAO!

      --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, DAVIDP111@... wrote:
      In the 1960's there was nothing like Eckankar, now with all the new age stuff, it's just one of many such paths. Nothing unique about it at all except for the Spiderman principal. "Everyone thinks I'm nothing, but in secret I'm Spiderman!" The gimp little nothing passed over by everyone, as an Eckist, is an inner Spiritual Giant. A good feeling to have if you have nothing else going for you in your life. Like little Peter Parker, the skinny geek, in reality has super powers.
    • etznab@aol.com
      Message 2 of 21 , Jul 8, 2012
        Dear Heavens!

        If only what you say could be verified by the average person. Then I
        think your words could carry more weight. Like a giant brick, or a club.

        In any case, this part in particular concerns me.

        "Mary Hald in Middletown Ohio owned a print shop and was the 'official
        printer" for Eckanar in the early years. Paul would send her articles
        to type set to look like newspaper clippings, to print on news print
        paper with other news on the back side to look like the clipping had
        come from an actual newspaper. This was her light bulb moment to get
        out of Eckankar, which she did shortly after Paul died. I use to have a
        bunch of those sheets, no idea where they are now."

        I've heard that story (probably from you, under another name) before,
        but the thing is I cannot verify it as true without taking your word
        for it. And at this point (far as Eckankar goes) I'm not wanting to
        take anybody's word for what constitutes the truth unless I can verify
        it for myself by substantial evidence.

        It's because I don't want to invite any more lies. Not from Eckankar.
        Not from members of Eckankar. Not from former members of Eckankar.

        Much of what you've said I (and probably a lot of other people) would
        be hard pressed to verify as true. If I were to mention some of your
        alleged facts and trivia at a round table, or at an official Eckankar
        event? I imagine most people would dismiss the source of that
        information like a turd with no further use and the information (true,
        or not) would get flushed out of sight; probably along with me!

        All I'm saying is that a lot of people exposed to the "Eckankar
        History" experience are hyper sensitive about accepting ANYTHING as
        true unless they can verify it for themselves. So at this point if you
        really want to convince (these kind of) people about anything then it
        has to be accompanied by substantial evidence that is credible and that
        people can easily verify for themselves. Another reason is that
        Eckankar apologists can mold information like clay and turn it into
        anything they want unless you can first prove it an absolute true and
        hardened fact.

        People hounded me for years about the topic of plagiarism and Rebazar
        Tarzs whenever I brought it up on a.r.e. That and a lot of other
        things. They told me what I was saying, reframed my information, spun
        it in another way, or changed the subject completely. Finally, I
        realized I had to make my point based on substance. So I gave them
        substance. I illustrated the quotes by Paul Twitchell, by Eckankar and
        (allegedly) by Rebazar Tarzs and other Eck Masters, but I also included
        the sources and writings of other people side by side (with links and
        page numbers so they could verify it for themselves.). With other
        issues I illustrated what the record(s) had to say as well. So it
        wasn't just my opinion that I was sharing anymore. It was information
        that anybody could see for themselves. Information that could be
        verified. It was something that could not be dumped.

        So this has been my experience. It makes a lot of difference if you can
        prove what you're saying is true. It makes a lot of difference if
        people can verify it easily. In that case ... well, you can rest your
        case.

        Message 3 of 21 , Jul 8, 2012
          Well I don't really need to prove anything from my point of view..lol...I'm so sorry you had this experiance and most ashamed of Pauls disgracing of my Papas name, I wish you had never delved in friend...and thats my message, to you and to who knows how many have been lied to looking for that inner peace.,  you know that true inner peace come's only from Christ because the spirit bears witness to you daily,
           Now I am just Jacob Twitchells Grandson, packing the Good news,  and my message to X Ecks and current Ecks is this...Jesus loves you man, regardless of Paul and the Ecks and what crazy left overs are in your mind.

          Be yea released from that demonic power of spiritual oppression in the Name of Jesus. Amen

          I'm done here. Thank you mod for allowing me this time.

          Best regards,
          Douglas A Street, devoted Grandson

          To: eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 21 , Jul 8, 2012
            Doug,

            > Be yea released from that demonic power of spiritual oppression in the
            > Name of Jesus. Amen

            If only life was that simple.

            Pete
          • DAVIDP111@aol.com
            Message 5 of 21 , Jul 8, 2012
              Ok, I'm not wanting to get sucked into this again.  I did some major typing years ago and maybe it was the ARE group, not sure, but got such attacks by those that are professionally 'neutral.'  the Twitch stuff I had is scattered to those that were going to take it forward.  I went to Paducah years ago in hopes to find some old pics of Paul, never doubting his history, till I met his family and heard their side of In My Soul.

              I knew Paul, I loved Paul, I shared his last meal on this planet with him. I was one of the first to see him in death.  For what ever reason he spiced things up a bit, he was a salesman.  I've over the hurt and the pain, that was 30 years ago.  In the anguish Eckankar had over the truth coming out there were many bad feelings on both sides.  Many many Eckists where hurt, and hurt badly.  Seeking truth and get told lies.

              I think Harold has answered this question passively, but answered it well.  Paul and Darwin are nonexistent in Eckankar theology.  No books or tapes of Paul are presented, promoted or printed. Darwin seems to never have happened.  Poof, gone.  That's the answer to the plagiarism question.  If the writings were non in question why not still publish them?  In My Soul is not printed either.  I guess the idea is to wait till all those that were with Paul and Darwin at the time to die off, then it's totally forgotten.

              I remember opening up one of Paul's books after I had been to Paducah and read the first page I opened to.  I forget the book but the answer was perfect.  it went something like this "if a master spoke of God and light and truth the chelas would yawn and sleep, but if he told fanciful tales of adventure and excitement mixed with truth the chelas would sit on the edge of their chairs listening to hear more."

              At the time I contacted Phil Donahue and Tom Snyder, both had had Darwin on their shows, to do a live polygraph with Darwin and any of us that questioned.  Of course Darwin declined and the topic was dropped.  Darwin was livid.  Several of us had news that one of the heirs to the 7-up fortune was to leave Eckankar many millions of $$.  We contacted them with our info, and later when David Lane's book came out sent them a copy and Eck was written out of the estate, as I recall, the amount was over $30M they lost.  Also the history of the Helen Frye estate of $8M those of us that came forward and testified against Eckankar and Darwin personally, they lost badly.  Darwin and his henchmen were livid.

              Helen wondered why several of her multiple $100,000. donations was deposited into a separate account and not Eckankar's, she hired investigators and ended up discovering the account was in Darwin's name.  That with the Twitchell family secrets uncovered Helen withdrew her will and Darwin/Eckankar lost out another $8Million.  Eckankar was suing the estate and Helen's family for the land/money, but lost badly.  Darwin in court could barely speak, druged and drunk out of his mind.

              This stuff went on and on.  It took me years to get over it.  Eckankar has a wonderful truth, if you can snag it through the crap.  My lesson through all of this is to call no one Master.  To listen, wonder what that person is after, get what lessons I can and be happy with that.  Also learned never to join a religous group again.

              Eckankar could have been a strong spiritual path but I guess Paul didn't have faith in it or in himself.  He had to lie about his history, the history of Eckankar and copy the writings of others without giving credit.   Right from the beginning it was failing it's mission.  He failed to live up the title he had given himself. If I run into an Eckists I say nothing of this.  If they are having a good experience and learning that's their path and not my place to upset them.  I don't know what goes on in Eckankar now, I guess I figured it kind of cleaned itself up.  Hopefully one of 3 masters will do the honest thing.

              Message 6 of 21 , Jul 25, 2012
                I don't understand this. Actually, Darwin is the only one who is non0existent in Eck theology but the official site still recognizes Twitchell as an Eck Master.

                http://www.eckankar.org/Masters/Peddar/index.html

                --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, DAVIDP111@... wrote:

                Paul and Darwin are nonexistent in Eckankar theology. No books or tapes of Paul are presented, promoted or printed. Darwin seems to never have happened. Poof, gone.
              • michael112658
                Message 7 of 21 , Jul 26, 2012
                  Actually, last time I checked (which was a few weeks ago) Eckankar still carries several of Paul's books (including Stranger, Flute and Shariyat) and most of his recordings.

                  --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, al_radzik <no_reply@...> wrote:

                  > I don't understand this. Actually, Darwin is the only one who is non0existent in Eck theology but the official site still recognizes Twitchell as an Eck Master.
                  >
                  > http://www.eckankar.org/Masters/Peddar/index.html
                  >

                  > --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, DAVIDP111@ wrote:
                  >
                  > Paul and Darwin are nonexistent in Eckankar theology. No books or tapes of Paul are presented, promoted or printed. Darwin seems to never have happened. Poof, gone.

                • Non
                  Message 8 of 21 , Jul 26, 2012
                    I knew an eckist several years ago when there was the debacle of eck defectors leaving the "path" once plagiarism from Path of the Master and Ford Johnson was made obvious. However, a once true believer in Twit and then Gross, he then said that Gross was like Darth Vader from Star Wars. Nothing will ever sway this person from eckankar, ever, inspite of his many health problems and also mental health issues. Gross became just another part of the drama of eckankar's rationalized mythology. Once hooked, it seems to be impossible for some to get that fish hook out. Plus they have always been intellectually weak anyway. Doubt is so much despised, don't dare question the lame living eck master.

                    noneckster ; )

                    Message 9 of 21 , Jul 27, 2012
                      When I said Paul was nonexistant in Eckankar, I mean that all the books, the tapes the discources he did are no longer in print.  He is given credit for unveiling the path after being 'hidden' for so many years.  It's just odd, that after the truth came out of where he got his inspiration for the books, lifting from other books, that Paul's books are now gone.  Is that eckankar's way to handle the accusations?  Why are all those tapes of Pauls gone, too?

                      My guess, they wait till no one remembers him much at all, and poof, he's gone.  Problem solved.

                      I remember Paul use to sell his Eck Vidya readings for $260. which was a lot of money back then.  They were typed and specific for that chela that paid for the service.  The typed reading was secret, never to be shared with another or the chela would undergo much spiritual negative reactions.  One day at a Satsang I was with a few chelas that were talking of the Eck Vidya readings they had got and both seemed so simular so they pulled them out and compared.  Each one was exactly like the other, word for word.  I remember they were about 20-25 pages.  Exactly word for word, page per page exact copies and where sold as being specific for that chela.  I wonder how many he duped doing that?  Anyone ever find an old Twitch Eck Vidya reading typed?
                    • etznab@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 21 , Jul 27, 2012
                        A number of books were discontinued and I can see your point. It's too
                        general a statement though to suggest that Paul's stuff (including
                        tapes) is no longer in print, etc.

                        http://www.eckbooks.org/catalog/Talks_by_Paul_Twitchell-26-1.html

                        Paul's tapes go all the way back to 1966.

                        Message 11 of 21 , Jul 28, 2012
                          FYI, the following books by Paul Twitchell are still available through Eckankar:

                          The Drums of Eck
                          The Eck Vidya, Ancient Science of Prophecy
                          Eckankar: The Key to Secret Worlds
                          The Flute of God
                          Herbs, The Magic Healers
                          The Key to Eckankar
                          The Spiritual Notebook
                          Stranger by the River
                          Talons of Time
                          The Tiger's Fang

                          Most of his tapes are still around, too.

                          Peace out.

                          Michael

                          Message 12 of 21 , Jul 28, 2012
                            I was going by the last printed eckankar catalog I had seen and had no tape of of Pauls listed (this was years ago).  I guess it's nice that Twitchell is still remembered in eckankar at least via his talks.  I suppose no issues were risen by the talks, just his written works.