Fw: Reminder: SPECIAL one-day workshop, May 12, 2012 - 9:30 to 5:00 p.m. - Philadelphia

    Message 1 of 1 , May 9, 2012
      Hi All!   I just forwarded another notice on this one, but I don't think it mentioned the JW subject.  Anyway, many exes went thru the JWs & others before ekult so this is really relevant.  My mother was a JW and I was sort of indoctrinated, believed but never joined because I preferred to die at Armageddon rather than spend eternity in paradise with a bunch of JWs, ruled by that horribly nasty Jehovah.   Well, when I left ekult I remember being struck with the realization that OMG, even though ekult & the JWs seem like polar opposites, they are *so* much alike!!   Ekult is like new-age JWs.

      And what a beautiful day!!!   We've had several days of wonderful rain and some *awesome* thunderstorms, but sunshine is nice too!

      S P E C I A L  E V E N T : O N E  D AY  W O R K S H O P

      Jehovah’s Witnesses, Former Members and Families
      May 12, 2012 - 9:30 to 5:00 p.m.
      Philadelphia.

      Special Event:
      Jehovah’s Witnesses, Former Members and Families - Philadelphia

      When:
      Saturday May 12, 2012 9:30 to 5:00 p.m.

      Where:
      Sheraton Philadelphia University City Hotel - Philadelphia,
      Pennsylvania (PA) 3549 Chestnut Street Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
      19104

      Info:
      This workshop will address the needs of through a series of brief
      didactic presentations followed by discussions, to which attendees may
      contribute according to their comfort levels.

      Specifically, the workshop will address:
      critical thinking

      socialization, culture shock, and acculturation

      psychological development, child abuse and neglect, parenting styles,
      boundaries, and trust

      long-term psychological, educational, and emotional effects of growing
      up in a culture of abuse and neglect
      relationships with families and others

      Fees:
      ICSA Members $25/person
      Non-Members $50/person (includes one-year ICSA web membership)

      Register:
      Phone: 215-467-4939
      Fax/Mail: http://icsahome.com/pdf/fax_mail_spev_philajw.pdf
      Online http://icsahome.com/infoserv_respond/event_regproducts.asp

      If you would like to apply for financial assistance,  please contact
      us (mail@...).

      Add noreply@... to your safe mail filters