Cult survivor years later still has some effects

  • violinmike2002
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 25, 2012
      I posted this elsewhere and thought I would bring it on home
      so to speak. I an atheist now. Prove it prove everything you motherf***

      Today's journal entry is to reveal I'm a cult survivor of a new ageist type of cult. I didn't give up autonomy but in 8 years it took over more and more of my belief system like a virus. I can't ever look at religions or belief systems quite the same ever again. Theres no going back to orthodox religion as I tried .Question everything , look out for all mind fucking motherfuckers orgs and people and leave this topic for now with lyrics from Sleeping with enemy ( Had a dream).
      Odd that this is my secret shame not going bankrupt or other matters

      Had a dream I was born
      To be naked in the eye of the storm
      And now it's standing right in front of me
      What's it going to do to me, who knows,
      Had a dream it was time
      To be taken to the front of the line
      Well that is not a place you wanna be
      Sleeping with the enemy, you know

      I don't care what the future brings
      Give a damn about anything
      I'd be fine if they'd only leave me alone.
      But it's time - gotta take a stance
      'Cause I won't get a second chance
      And I know now I have to make it alone

      Had a dream it was war
      And they couldn't tell me what it was for
      But it was something they could lie about
      Something we could die about, you know
      Anytime, anyplace
      When you look that man in the face
      Well it is not a face you wanna see
      Sleeping with the enemy, you know

      Mary, can you hear me
      Can you tell me what it's all supposed to mean
      Holding out a photograph of all that I have seen
      I wish I could hold you
      I wish I could hold you

      Had a dream it was time
      To be a witness at the scene of the crime
      Well, That is something you can analyse
      Something you can criticise, who knows
      So we wait, hesitate
      And we're making such a mistake
      Oh whatever can the matter be
      Sleeping with the enemy, you know

      I don't care what the future brings
      Give a damn about anything
      I'd be fine if they'd only leave me alone
      But it's time, gotta take a stance
      'Cause I won't get a second chance
      And I know now I have to make it alone

      Mike
    • David Osborn
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 25, 2012
        Gadzooks!

        To hear the hatred, violence and plain old nihilism in what you write, Eckcult really must have done a number on you!

        David

[...]

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to: