Changing My Head

  • russrodnick
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 23, 2012
      I left Eckankar because I don't fit in with organized religious activity. Every
      Worship Service is a canned presentation. I am more interested in sharing and
      learning how people are experiencing the core principles of conscousness
      expansion. How we are dealing with the challenges of daily life and using the
      principles to overcome them.

      I felt that the public presentations were just not transmitting anything that
      engages me on more than one level. It's like the teaching hasn't been fulfilling
      it's potential in creating and supporting true individuals.

      Then, I began to look at and I am confilcted here with the idea of the
      Mahanta/Inner Master. I hold out that there is a World Teacher. I don't know who
      this is. When I let go of my worries and concerns in the past I have created a
      reality where I invite the Inner Master in and then feel the protection. Now I
      am thinking that some of this phenomonum is the result of the power of the Group
      Conscoussness. But it is such a part of my inner landscape. I don't want to
      totally undo what has been working so well but Yet I am challenged by the need
      to be merciless in sincerely tracking what I have created in my being.

      I think that this "reworking the programming" is a bit harder than I first
      realized.

      I would like to hear how other's have handled this.

      With Love,

      Brother Russ
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 9, 2012

        You holding out for a "world teacher" is just vestiges of Eckankar which still permeate your "inner landscape". I wouldn't put too much credence in a living human who has the power to help you through life however I do believe there is a God and all you can do is put yourself in its path. That means a God of your understanding. It can be anything you want as long as it is not you. Self-seeking and self-importance are hallmarks of this cult. New Age religion like Eckankar fosters entitlement to know God through Harold Klemp. He is only flesh and blood and possesses no spiritual power over you. Just relax, take it easy and pray for God to come into your life.

      • etznab@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 9, 2012
          Note the last sentence in this paragraph.

          "Every thousand years a great spiritual teacher comes to this earth to
          revitalize it! He pours out a powerful ray of positive spiritual force
          which carries through to all living things and once again the power is
          predominate over all things! Life blooms, a strong religious trend
          springs up again, but it goes through a cycle and once again dies away,
          but is caught up at the end of its cycle by another spiritual messenger
          who carries the force again to this world. The power is there and all
          things are made new again! I don't know who is the present true master
          here now, nor do I know who was the past."

          - Letters to Gail, Vol. 2, p. 156 (July 12th, 1963 letter), by Paul
          Twitchell.

          Why no mention of The Mahanta, or The Living Eck Master? Because the
          terms weren't popular until 1968-1969? Probably so.

          Why no mention of Rebazar Tarzs? (I don't think his name appears even
          once in LTG Vol. 2.) Is it because Paul Twitchell was in touch with
          Kirpal Singh? And took Gail to get initiated by him - not Rebazar Tarzs
          - later that year?

          How could Paul say he didn't know who was the present true master and
          didn't know who was the past? If his stories about Sudar Singh and
          Rebazar Tarzs were true then wouldn't he mention them?

          You holding out for a "world teacher" is just vestiges of Eckankar
          which still permeate your "inner landscape". I wouldn't put too much
          credence in a living human who has the power to help you through life
          however I do believe there is a God and all you can do is put yourself
          in its path. That means a God of your understanding. It can be anything
          you want as long as it is not you. Self-seeking and self-importance are
          hallmarks of this cult. New Age religion like Eckankar fosters
          entitlement to know God through Harold Klemp. He is only flesh and
          blood and possesses no spiritual power over you. Just relax, take it
          easy and pray for God to come into your life.

          > Then, I began to look at and I am confilcted here with the idea of
          the
          > Mahanta/Inner Master. I hold out that there is a World Teacher. I
          don't know who
          > this is. When I let go of my worries and concerns in the past I
          have created a
          > reality where I invite the Inner Master in and then feel the
          protection. Now I
          > am thinking that some of this phenomonum is the result of the
          power of the Group
          > Conscoussness. But it is such a part of my inner landscape. I
          don't want to
          > totally undo what has been working so well but Yet I am challenged
          by the need
          > to be merciless in sincerely tracking what I have created in my
          being.

          > I think that this "reworking the programming" is a bit harder than
          I first
          > realized.
          >
          > I would like to hear how other's have handled this.
          >
          > With Love,
          >
          > Brother Russ

        • David Osborn
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 9, 2012
            Very interesting insight, and deductive detective work into Ekcult and how it evolved!  Most people don't stop to ponder the little logical details that are right there, hidden between the lines, yet there for all to see.  I suppose that Twitch tried to cover his tracks as to his predecessors and who he modeled things on and took from, but he wasn't absolutely complete and thorough about it, as your research and clever deductions prove.  But what the heck, Twitch reasoned, most people probably won't take the time or have the deductive insight that you did.  Good job!

            David

            You holding out for a "world teacher" is just vestiges of Eckankar
            which still permeate your "inner landscape". I wouldn't put too much
            credence in a living human who has the power to help you through life
            however I do believe there is a God and all you can do is put yourself
            in its path. That means a God of your understanding. It can be anything
            you want as long as it is not you. Self-seeking and self-importance are
            hallmarks of this cult. New Age religion like Eckankar fosters
            entitlement to know God through Harold Klemp. He is only flesh and
            blood and possesses no spiritual power over you. Just relax, take it
            easy and pray for God to come into your life.

            &gt; Then, I began to look at and I am confilcted here with the idea of
            the
            &gt; Mahanta/Inner Master. I hold out that there is a World Teacher. I
            don't know who
            &gt; this is. When I let go of my worries and concerns in the past I
            have created a
            &gt; reality where I invite the Inner Master in and then feel the
            protection. Now I
            &gt; am thinking that some of this phenomonum is the result of the
            power of the Group
            &gt; Conscoussness. But it is such a part of my inner landscape. I
            don't want to
            &gt; totally undo what has been working so well but Yet I am challenged
            by the need
            &gt; to be merciless in sincerely tracking what I have created in my
            being.
            &gt;
            &gt; I think that this "reworking the programming" is a bit harder than
            I first
            &gt; realized.
            &gt;
            &gt; I would like to hear how other's have handled this.
            &gt;
            &gt; With Love,
            &gt;
            &gt; Brother Russ
            &gt;

            <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
                (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
                eckankartruth-digest@yahoogroups.com
                eckankartruth-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • etznab@aol.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 9, 2012
              There was another mention of "every thousand years" in LTG Vol. 2.

              In 3rd paragraph of June 16th, 1963 letter (about a month before the
              example I cited earlier) it began with:

              "Since so few on this earth plane can make contact with this Seat of
              Knowledge, we must have Masters who can make the contact and who can
              give us Truth in its rarer form. This is the reason for the theory that
              every thousand years a savior comes to this earth because he must
              reteach these truths and how to make contact with them. [... .]"

              - Letters to Gail, Vol. 2, Paul Twitchell, p. 103

              You holding out for a "world teacher" is just vestiges of Eckankar
              which still permeate your "inner landscape". I wouldn't put too much
              credence in a living human who has the power to help you through life
              however I do believe there is a God and all you can do is put yourself
              in its path. That means a God of your understanding. It can be anything
              you want as long as it is not you. Self-seeking and self-importance are
              hallmarks of this cult. New Age religion like Eckankar fosters
              entitlement to know God through Harold Klemp. He is only flesh and
              blood and possesses no spiritual power over you. Just relax, take it
              easy and pray for God to come into your life.

              > Then, I began to look at and I am confilcted here with the idea of
              the
              > Mahanta/Inner Master. I hold out that there is a World Teacher. I
              don't know who
              > this is. When I let go of my worries and concerns in the past I
              have created a
              > reality where I invite the Inner Master in and then feel the
              protection. Now I
              > am thinking that some of this phenomonum is the result of the
              power of the Group
              > Conscoussness. But it is such a part of my inner landscape. I
              don't want to
              > totally undo what has been working so well but Yet I am challenged
              by the need
              > to be merciless in sincerely tracking what I have created in my
              being.

              > I think that this "reworking the programming" is a bit harder than
              I first
              > realized.
              >
              > I would like to hear how other's have handled this.
              >
              > With Love,
              >
              > Brother Russ

              <*> Your email settings:
                  Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
                  (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
                  eckankartruth-digest@yahoogroups.com
                &nb sp; eckankartruth-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
            • Russ Rodnick
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 9, 2012
                Thanks for your considerate reply.
                I think it is very important not to give our power away. Interestingly, PT once wrote that "ALL" religions and movements are working to trap the individual "Tuza" in a belief system because of the power flows that a group of people can produce. In the hands of an accomplished person these power flows can be used to create anything.  So, to step out of the Eckankar 'inner group reality', was profoundly empowering. i took back my power. Sweet!

                Thank you all for your support.

                Russ

                You holding out for a "world teacher" is just vestiges of Eckankar which still permeate your "inner landscape". I wouldn't put too much credence in a living human who has the power to help you through life however I do believe there is a God and all you can do is put yourself in its path. That means a God of your understanding. It can be anything you want as long as it is not you. Self-seeking and self-importance are hallmarks of this cult. New Age religion like Eckankar fosters entitlement to know God through Harold Klemp. He is only flesh and blood and possesses no spiritual power over you. Just relax, take it easy and pray for God to come into your life.

                > Then, I began to look at and I am confilcted here with the idea of the
                > Mahanta/Inner Master. I hold out that there is a World Teacher. I don't know who
                > this is. When I let go of my worries and concerns in the past I have created a
                > reality where I invite the Inner Master in and then feel the protection. Now I
                > am thinking that some of this phenomonum is the result of the power of the Group
                > Conscoussness. But it is such a part of my inner landscape. I don't want to
                > totally undo what has been working so well but Yet I am challenged by the need
                > to be merciless in sincerely tracking what I have created in my being.
                >
                > I think that this "reworking the programming" is a bit harder than I first
                > realized.
                >
                > I would like to hear how other's have handled this.
                >
                > With Love,
                >
                > Brother Russ

              • Russ Rodnick
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 9, 2012
                  Yea, this was the time pre Eck when PT was still just another guy with some insights.

                  If only he had been content without the grandiosity that came later.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 10, 2012
                    Russ,
                    I think the most important thing to remember is that now you have choices. Before, when you were in Eckankar, you had to submit to the group consciousness and believe that Harold was "chosen" to be an inner teacher. Nothing can be further from the truth. No man on Earth has the power to be the conduit between you and the Creator. There are great teachers on Earth but none with special God-appointed dispensations as Harold claims to have. Anyone can be a "mahanta". You don't need all the gobbledy gook that spew from HI's.
                    Hope you shed the shackles of eck and remember, you can only attain spiritual progress, not perfection.

                    --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, Russ Rodnick <russrodnick@...> wrote:

                    > Thanks for your considerate reply.
                    > I think it is very important not to give our power away. Interestingly, PT once wrote that "ALL" religions and movements are working to trap the individual "Tuza" in a belief system because of the power flows that a group of people can produce. In the hands of an accomplished person these power flows can be used to create anything.  So, to step out of the Eckankar 'inner group reality', was profoundly empowering. i took back my power. Sweet!
                    >
                    > Thank you all for your support.
                    >
                    > Russ
                    >

                    > ________________________________

                  • Keriokeeee
                    Message 9 of 9 , Mar 23, 2012
                      I am sorry, but anything that sounds like Star Wars to me is just NOT something I can base my life belief on... "The Force"... "Every Thousand years"... that is a convenient number as well... nice and round...

                      Anyway, The original question I think is a good one. This person had based his percieved safety or protection on what he was told... He believed it, he "Felt" it. The thing is, what was he needing to be safe from? I was told, way back in early 80's Eck days... that we needed the eck master to keep us safe from all these evil spirits all around us, invisible, lingering, waiting for us to open up our selves to so they dive in and harm us, capture our soul as it were... So we better not "open the door" with the "Gate Keeper" there to protect us.

                      If that is NOT a scare tactic to promote their plan of control, then what was?

                      My answer being, you don't NEED the "Eck Master" to protect you, because for one, he never did. Because what they said you needing protection from, never was.

                      Be happy. Live whole. Embrace all that you love and desire for your life to be a happy one. Don't fear others, seen or unseen. Fear is the only control that others have over you. Be they "eck" or otherwise.

                      YOU are in control of you destiny, what you allow in and what you do NOT. If someone in your life is negative, your job sucks, you hate where you live... you don't need Eck or anyone else to fix this. Just change it. Leave it, or stop it.

                      The whole thing is they did NOT have you protected or cared for... they tricked you into thinking you NEEDED it... so of course you felt safe... you were. And still are. With or without them. YOU keep YOU safe.

                      Sorry for the ramble! :) Keri