Ola !!!

  • chemtrail_sun
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 12, 2011
      Hello,my Name is Jayson,I have just had my girlfriend of 4 yr.s break up with me as fast as one can shut a door on someones face!I'm having a very hard time getting over this break-up seeking some type of closure. She has been a practicing Eckist for I'd say almost 30 years according to when she said she found a eck book in a used book store. I myself was raised Catholic,and have just recently started to attend weekly services again.It seemed to me from things she said,and attending worship services once a month, and other eck functions.(I also scanned Eckankar books and materials) Anyway it seems to me that Eckankar takes the best parts of all religions,and try's to make their own new one religion with the best parts of all the others!There is no punishment for sins,or misdeeds to others! Very appealing to say the least! Just karma to have to deal with for punishment in past,present,and future lives! No charity work either!The God they pray to is a sound called the HU,and the light of God!If anyone would like to elaborate or converse with me on anything I just have written. Please feel free to do so! (To be continued...???)
    • Austin Atma
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 17, 2011
        Chem trails - there's something you don't hear about too much these days.

        Breaking up **is** hard to do... Doesn't matter if the other person believes in the Easter Bunny or child molesting coaches... The loss of someone you care about and that  area about yous is like losing your religion.  And that **is** me in the corner saying too much.  It sucks and is painful.  Time and self reflection heals.

        Personal loss leads to wanting to suck on corporate and religious teats... Any freaking thing for comfort and distraction from the reality of our lives.  Sorry I just had to say it ;-).  So watch out too much suckiness can lead to the place we all started... Again.  Wasteland.

        AA

        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 20, 2011
          Be thankful it happened now rather than after 10 years of marriage with children. You're wife would've been chanting HU and going to satsangs while you sat home changing diapers.

          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 20, 2011
            Test... I send emails to this list, get no bounces, get no moderators rejections, and they don't post... I don't think the posts are any more on or off topic than anything else I read here... Little help moderator???

            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 20, 2011
              That was not the exact type of feed back I was looking for!I was curious was that what happen to you by chance? Please I don't have to be blind to know I was lucky to of not fathered children with her! I was hoping for more responses like on what Eckist morals are,responsibilities to others, ethics,ect.Links to any good writings? Like are they notorious for reeking havoc on other persons lives? My X girlfriend kind of made it seem like they thought they were a special tribe of truths seekers or something that had to hide from persecution! If I don't get any more responses with some use full thought or info this will most likely be my last post.Thank you!

              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 20, 2011
                Hi Jayson -

                Relationships break up for many reasons, but in my experience, it seems that "mixed" relationships, eckist & non-eckist, often fail just because of it. And is that an awkward sentence, or what?

                I have a fondness for Catholicism myself, altho I certainly don't "believe" in it totally, all the rules, the funny outfits, the heirarchy, etc. In fact, after I left, I'd flipped on EWTN in the wee hours and they were doing the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius of Loyola, and I thought holy crap, that's pure eckankar!! <gg>

                I sort of went back to Catholicism for about a year after I left ekult - it was sort of a "transition" cult, a way to de-program ekult out and give me another way to express my spirituality & personal relationship with God. I loved the Mass, sometimes I still get the urge to go. One thing that always bugged me, though, was how it was barely over & people would be getting up & yakking loudly, when I just wanted to sit there quietly, praying or whatever.

                Yeah, it's sort of amusing, Twitchell stole from everywhere, but claimed it was all "eckankar" to begin with, but a watered-down version, bits here & there everywhere else - what nonsense! And you could only get the pure 100% "real" thing, all that secret hidden ancient wisdom, by sending a check to MN!

                Well, I hope you recover from the hurt. And I hope your ex wakes up and recovers from ekult.

                --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "chemtrail_sun" <chemtrail_sun@...> wrote:

                > Hello,my Name is Jayson,I have just had my girlfriend of 4 yr.s break up with me as fast as one can shut a door on someones face!I'm having a very hard time getting over this break-up seeking some type of closure. She has been a practicing Eckist for I'd say almost 30 years according to when she said she found a eck book in a used book store. I myself was raised Catholic,and have just recently started to attend weekly services again.It seemed to me from things she said,and attending worship services once a month, and other eck functions.(I also scanned Eckankar books and materials) Anyway it seems to me that Eckankar takes the best parts of all religions,and try's to make their own new one religion with the best parts of all the others!There is no punishment for sins,or misdeeds to others! Very appealing to say the least! Just karma to have to deal with for punishment in past,present,and future lives! No charity work either!The God they pray to is a sound called the HU,and the light of God!If anyone would like to elaborate or converse with me on anything I just have written. Please feel free to do so! (To be continued...???)

              • harrisonferrel
                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 17, 2011
                  Too bad about your relationship.

                  Regarding some of the things you said, I don't think they are on the mark. Eckankar does take a lot from other religions, but most of it is just plain fabricated and makes no sense and has no historical basis. The god they pray to is called Sugmad, not HU. Hu is a sound that was written about by a Sufi poet named Inayat Kahn and the description about Hu was plagiarized from Kahn's book, word for word, by Paul Twitchell, the founder of the eckankar cult.

                  No doubt eckankar is a cult and its members are brainwashed to varying degrees.

                  On the other hand, I can hardly defend religion as being much better. Wherein Judaism is based on ancient tribalism and its "story" is based in the history of a people, Christianity is hardly provable at all and is highly politicized. The history of Christianity is replete with political underpinnings.

                  However, if religion makes you happy, then have a good time with your practice as long as you're not hurting anyone. And certainly, the Catholic Church does indeed hurt a lot of people, chief of which is their lack of action or care regarding the sexual abuse of children.

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 19, 2012
                    Whoops!! Austin, I just got a "please approve" email for your most recent post, and I was a bit surprised because I thought you weren't moderated. Well, I popped into my "pending" messages and was surprised to see this email & two others from November, waiting for approval.

                    So, my apologies, I don't know what happened because I should get emails when something needs "approval", but sometimes emails get away from me when I'm visiting my son & don't look at the computer for a week or more, and the important emails might get lost with the junk.

                    Ha ha, right now I've got close to 4,000 unread emails! Okay, so it's taken quite a few years for them to pile up, I think what happens is I'll decide to read something later but they get lost & scrolled away, and don't even get deleted.

                    Anyway, if there are any other problems please email me at brighttigress@... because if it's sent here I might not see it, like this one from Austin.

                    Sorry, Austin! You shouldn't have any more problems.

                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 19, 2012

                      Lame.

                      Delegate.

                      A 2+ month lag in posting is simply lame.

                      I'll unsubscribe as soon as I get around to it. There are enough unavoidable lame things in this world.

                      AA

                    • butterflyschmidt@yahoo.de
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jan 22, 2012
                        Dear Jayson,
                        I am a former Eckist from Germany, and write here extremely rarely.
                        It sounds like you are not so much against Eckankar but have questions about your girlfriend.
                        Well, you say that
                        ..."There is (in Eckankar) no punishment for sins,or misdeeds to others! Very appealing to say the least! Just karma to have to deal with for punishment in past,present,and future lives!"...

                        So maybe you are giving yourself the answer with this sentence, that you had karma with her, who knows what happened in a last life. You may have left her from one moment to the next.
                        That is perhaps possible.
                        I am more into psychology these days and would do a "family constellation" put a person up for your ex-girlfriend and then a person for yourself and then see what you and "she" feel.
                        To some people it sounds like a somewhat dubious method. And maybe it is.
                        Anyway.
                        I hope you can make the "most of the situation" and will be happy soon!!!
                        LoL
                        butterfly

                        Message 11 of 12 , Jan 22, 2012
                          --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "chemtrail_sun" <chemtrail_sun@...> wrote:

                          > That was not the exact type of feed back I was looking for!I was curious was that what happen to you by chance? Please I don't have to be blind to know I was lucky to of not fathered children with her! I was hoping for more responses like on what Eckist morals are,responsibilities to others, ethics,ect.Links to any good writings? Like are they notorious for reeking havoc on other persons lives? My X girlfriend kind of made it seem like they thought they were a special tribe of truths seekers or something that had to hide from persecution! If I don't get any more responses with some use full thought or info this will most likely be my last post.Thank you!

                          Hi Jayson -

                          Sorry you didn't get an answer. You're not the first non-eckist to post here after a traumatic break-up with an eckist. In a perfect world, I'd have everything indexed with message numbers! I don't do much here anymore but I remember back in the "olden" days I'd write long long responses to everything but then I felt like a broken record.

                          Yes, eckists think they are a special tribe of truth seekers who have to hide from persecution. Twitchell wrote that "the eck" had to go underground many times in the past because of persecution. And eckists are told that they're "chosen", they've been with "the master" many times before but had always made the mistake of leaving the master. They're told it's okay if they want to explore elsewhere because they will return eventually, but if they make the mistake of speaking against "the eck" or "the master" they won't be allowed back. In the real world, members can take a "break" for up to five years without loss of initiations. Longer than that and they revert to the consciousness of a rock or something and have to start at the beginning again, except I've heard of people who went back after many years at their old initiation level, if they asked for it.

                          Morals, responsibilities, ethics, etc.? Ha Ha!! Nope, they don't have any. It's all karma - and if you do everything in the name of the master, you don't create any karma. At the 5th initiation supposedly you've worked off all your old karma so you don't have to come back unless you want to.

                          If you happen to pick up an eckbook somewhere, you're likely to read that's a "sign" from the "master", your invitation, and by golly if you ignore if you may have to wander in spiritual darkness until you get another chance.

                          Eckists will find some kind of karmic excuse for just about everything. And they're known for bed-hopping. Klemp even advised eckists to cut it out at seminars because it would make potential newbies think they were at a Club Med singles weekend. Eckists can (and do!) rationalize everything in whatever way it'll make them feel better.

                          Altho Klemp still uses that blurb about how eckists should do something nice for someone every day, even if it's just giving them a stick of gum. Twitchell elaborated on that and said they could just lay in bed & chant "hu" and that would uplift natives in the jungle. Seriously!

                          I used to have so many quotes memorized, but have forgotten. The "uplifting natives" is in either Letters to a Chela or Wisdom Notes.

                          Anyway, what I'd suggest is that you check out the links here, and you should get a lot of info.

                          Well, I hope this helps a bit!

                          > --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, al_radzik <no_reply@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Be thankful it happened now rather than after 10 years of marriage with children. You're wife would've been chanting HU and going to satsangs while you sat home changing diapers.
                          > >
                          > > --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "chemtrail_sun" <chemtrail_sun@> wrote:
                          > > >
                          > > > Hello,my Name is Jayson,I have just had my girlfriend of 4 yr.s break up with me as fast as one can shut a door on someones face!I'm having a very hard time getting over this break-up seeking some type of closure. She has been a practicing Eckist for I'd say almost 30 years according to when she said she found a eck book in a used book store. I myself was raised Catholic,and have just recently started to attend weekly services again.It seemed to me from things she said,and attending worship services once a month, and other eck functions.(I also scanned Eckankar books and materials) Anyway it seems to me that Eckankar takes the best parts of all religions,and try's to make their own new one religion with the best parts of all the others!There is no punishment for sins,or misdeeds to others! Very appealing to say the least! Just karma to have to deal with for punishment in past,present,and future lives! No charity work either!The God they pray to is a sound called the HU,and the light of God!If anyone would like to elaborate or converse with me on anything I just have written. Please feel free to do so! (To be continued...???)

                        • prometheus_973
                          Message 12 of 12 , Jan 25, 2012
                            Hello Sharon and All,
                            Yes, the unfinished