Harold Spoof

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 30, 2011
      Has anyone seen this collection of videos on You Tube?
      Here's a sample:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJzSvRu2rnQ&feature=related
    • harrisonferrel
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 12, 2011
        It's a bit juvenile, but seems to make more sense than what harold actually says about anything.

        --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, al_radzik <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > Has anyone seen this collection of videos on You Tube?
        > Here's a sample:
        >
        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJzSvRu2rnQ&feature=related

      • Non
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 12, 2011
          I like this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfSGSUG5Goo&NR=1

          It shows how a CULT leader talks in a mesmerizing way that keeps you listening to absurd dribble, and if so inclined by a hasty commitment to a CULT LEADER DOGMA, to believe that the person is the Truth. (A FALSE TRUTH)

          --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, harrisonferrel <no_reply@...> wrote:

          > It's a bit juvenile, but seems to make more sense than what harold actually says about anything.
          >

          > --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, al_radzik <no_reply@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Has anyone seen this collection of videos on You Tube?
          > > Here's a sample:
          > >
          > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJzSvRu2rnQ&feature=related

        • David Osborn
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 13, 2011
            Dear Non,

            Yeah, I tried watching your video of Harold, but since I got out of Eckankar shortly after Harold came in, and was not in it for very long with Harold, I really couldn't relate to it that well, or get too much out of it.

            However, on the sidelines were the series of Exposing Cults videos - interviews with David Lane.  I found those absolutely fascinating.  I only watched the first three parts of the long interview this morning, but I will definitely watch more parts later.

            Boy, it seems that when David Lane started researching Eckankar and other rogue Light and Sound / Santmat derived groups, he had no idea of how rich of a motherlode of stuff to expose he was tapping into!

            David

            It shows how a CULT leader talks in a mesmerizing way that keeps you listening to absurd dribble, and if so inclined by a hasty commitment to a CULT LEADER DOGMA, to believe that the person is the Truth. (A FALSE TRUTH)

            --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, harrisonferrel <no_reply@...> wrote:

            > It's a bit juvenile, but seems to make more sense than what harold actually says about anything.
            >

            > --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, al_radzik <no_reply@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Has anyone seen this collection of videos on You Tube?
            > > Here's a sample:
            > >
            > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJzSvRu2rnQ&feature=related

            <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
                (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
                eckankartruth-digest@yahoogroups.com
                eckankartruth-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Non
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 13, 2011
              I was involved in the ek org before it was a religion and mostly because of a family member who was relentless in attempts to get me to join, but after reading several books and discourse and going to satsang book study groups, my questioning nature just didn't fit in. It really got creepier for me when Darwin Gross started calling for members to get together to hu to stop the Klemp takeover and so on.

              The family member I speak of is still a HI but doesn't talk too much about it except to flash a photo of Klemp when paying for something. The sight of Klemp makes me feel sick! I guess that is why these spoof videos help me because they make me laugh instead of being creeped out. David Lane has also been a great help on the intellectual side, but sometimes I need other ways to deprogram from the Kult think brainwashing.

              Even though I questioned a lot, I was still drawn in in many ways and had some level of fear that I was making a big karmic mistake by not staying a member, not to mention the indifference and arrogant or condescending behavior I got from the family member whom I really wanted to have a close relationship with. It is sad and disheartening and also infuriating when a family member acts in such an idiotic fashion for the sake of a fraudulent hierarchical religion (KULT) that was not a religion at first anyway, but "a way of life" (Twitchell: In MY Soul I am Free), and a big money maker. Klemp made sure that ekankar was turned into a religion with all the usual rituals and dogma.

              Non

              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 16, 2011
                Yes, this one is funny. It isn't too far from the truth as to how Harold speaks in this monotone voice and literally says nothing of spiritual value! TO boot, he uses little cheat sheets. I mean, if you're going to be a Mahanta or a living God rep on Earth don't you think you'd want to be a bit more articulate and animated if your trying to get a message across? He sounds like he's ready to overdose on Xanax.