International Cultic Studies Association

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 28, 2011
      Whoops, just realized this meeting was two days ago.  Oh, well....there's also info below on their Facebook page & Google group.   They have excellent information & resources for people leaving cults, and helped me a lot when I left ekult.

      Date: Thursday, September 22, 2011, 2:42 AM

      ICSA local meeting in Philadelphia
      This meeting is for:

      Families, ex-members, and others needing support
      People who share ICSA's interests and want to learn more
      People who want to work with others to educate the public about cult
      issues or help victims

      ICSA local meetings are run by experts in the field.

      They address the different needs of our members and visitors through a
      structured but flexible format, which includes the following:
      Brief update on recent news
      Brief presentation or DVD on a topic of interest
      Discussion about this topic
      Breakouts for those with different interests/needs
      supportive discussions
      planning group (for those interested in educating and helping others)

      The group facilitators who have extensive group experience and are
      knowledgeable about cult issues are:
      Dr. Steve K. D. Eichel
      Roberta Eisenberg, M.S.W.
      Patrick Ryan
      Joseph F. Kelly

      The meetings will take place at a very convenient location:
      When: Sun Sep 25, 2011, 7pm – 9pm Eastern Time
      Where: St. Rita's Rectory, 1166 S. Broad St., Philadelphia, PA
      19146-3193

      ICSA is on Facebook!

      Now available:

      News: Recent media reports,
      ICSA Google Calendar: ICSA Conferences, Events, and local meetings,
      Local Meeting Sign Up: Join ICSA Local Meeting mailing lists,
      ICSA Events: Conference and workshop information.

      ICSA Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/ICSA-International-Cultic-Studies-Association/134946268265?ref=ts