Re: "Fair Use"

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 20, 2011
      Good analogy!LOL

      --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "burton_latimer" <burton_latimer@...> wrote:

      > Reminds me of those tribute bands that mimic famous groups like the Beatles. Does anyone really prefer to listen to live copycats instead of just listening to the originals on records?
      >
      > --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, al_radzik <no_reply@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I just watched a bio of L. Ron Hubbard the other night. Fascinating how much it reminds me of Twitchell's life. He proclaimed to have been a globe trotter, a soldier of importance and a dabbler in everything from astrology to physics. In the end, he was never anyone special outside of his own imagination. I believe Paul saw some parallels between Hubbard and himself which encouraged him to self promote and magnify his accomplishments to a near god-like levellike Hubbard who was already successful with his bullshit Dianetics/Scientology.
      > > Twitch wanted to lay claim to his own spiritual territory. Unfortunately, he was sloppy. He had to get Eckankar off the ground as quickly as possible so he propagated a plethora of lies which include the blatant plagiarisms and redaction of genuine text (Julian Johnson et al) and the host of mythical Living Eck Masters who roamed the Earth from time immemorial (yet no evidence of them exist). In light of all this, I simply cannot understand how anyone with even a shred of discernment can fall for this tiny organization of lemmings who suspend common sense in favor of idolizing the Milquetoast Mahanta known as Harold Klemp a.k.a. Wah Z.
      > >
      > > --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, harrisonferrel <no_reply@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Such a movie would bore the shit out of people. That's part of the problem. When you try to explain the nonsense of eckankar to a complete outsider you're met with disinterest. It's like a war going on in a tiny island in the middle of nowhere. Unless you have ties to that island, nobody cares and nobody notices. And so klemp and his ilk continue to get away with what they do -- swindling people in emotional and financial ways, not to mention destroying family relationships and wasting years out of people's valuable lives.

    • harrisonferrel
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 7, 2011
        You ask: "I simply cannot understand how anyone with even a
        shred of discernment can fall for this tiny organization of lemmings who suspend
        common sense in favor of idolizing the Milquetoast Mahanta known as Harold Klemp
        a.k.a. Wah Z."

        I answer: I don't know what the fuck I was thinking. However, in my own defense I have to say that my reasons for joining were selfish: I merely wanted to know more about the out of body experiences I was having since childhood. Klemp bothered me from the outset because he always seemed like a weasel.

        But, shamefully, it took me a long 12 years to get out of this joke.