Re: just looking for support / understanding ears

  • prometheus_973
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 6, 2011

      but no-one really questions
      things.

      Will the 'church' give him
      grief if he doesn't 'convert'
      me? Insights into the mindset
      would be helpful..............
    • harrisonferrel
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 6, 2011
        There are a lot of eckists with non-participating spouses.

        My feeling, though, is that eckankar is a cult. It's not as aggressive as scientology, but it does do its damage. Those with a knowledge of history, mythology, comparative religion and sociology understand that eckankar is a fraud. Its leaders have been frauds; it's "sacred writings" are largely plagiarized, as if that's not enough proof that this is an unethical sham of a "path."

        Unfortunately, change comes from people who are open to questioning their own beliefs. Eckankar is full of people who refuse to look at proof. They are stuck inside an invisibile box that only can be seen from those looking in.

        Good luck with this one; eckankar colors people's every worldview and invites personality worship and exercises that are a waste of time and amount to nothing short of mental masturbation and delusions that are taught as being real.