Re: Patti Simpson

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 5, 2011
      Hi Mary -

      BTW, I got your name when I was looking for the link to take you off moderation, and popped into your Yahoo profile.

      Patti's "Hello Friend" was one of the very first eckbooks I read after joining many years ago. As I read it, and believe me, right from the beginning I was a true-blue believer, but the voice of the Kal whispred in my ear that there was a bit more going on between Twitch & Patti than she was telling. And, she mentioned how Twitch's demands were really putting a strain on her marriage and family life. I thought, why couldn't "Master of the Universe" find someone else to help him "get the word out", and wouldn't a true "master" have more respect for someone's marriage and family?

      I think it may have been a year or so ago, I came across some kind of "spiritual" workshop that Marman & Patti Simpson were running, without ekult's name. I'm sure I posted it here, but don't feel like taking the time to search for it. At the time, because of this and some other things, not to mention just knowing slimy unctuous Doug Marman online since the late 90's, when I was an active cult member at alt.religion.eckankar and we were both members of the behind-the-scenes "Group of Online Eckists" - aka the "EckGestapo" - plus Marman's not having his "books" published by ekult, well...I wouldn't be surprised if he started his own eckspawn group, just like Ford Johnson, Jerry Mulvin, John-Roger Hinkins, and several others. I believe most of them are mentioned here either in links or files.

      Yes, it's very true, from Day One, it's been very clear in "the teachings" that women can NOT be "the master" although Twitch did start out mentioning "Kata Daki" and Simha. I think it was either in "Dialogues" or "Spiritual Notebook" that there was at least one paragraph about how women's spiritual batteries needed a male to recharge or something. I doubt if EckOrg would really be able to get away with changing this one..on the other hand, who knows? It's occurred to me at other times, if Ekult starts seriously dropping in new members & income, altho there's still big money in these pseudo-spiritual con games, it would make sense for ekult's "bigwigs" who are making profits, to startup another group. You know, sort of like disreputable home builders will get as much as they can ripping off people in one area, and when they finally get dragged into court they'll get a slap on the hand and set up the same business in another area, with another name.

      Anyway, Mary, I wondered after reading your first posts - why the heck did you marry this guy? Seems to me you didn't know him that well. Or maybe you just don't realize that being an eckist, especially for 40 years, isn't like membership in other religions. Ekult requires your whole heart, soul, mind, etc. And they hope to get your money, too.

      PS - I don't know how much info you've read, but there's quite a bit available on the internet. I'd suggest you do some research, there's good info in the files & links here, and also at ESA.

    • etznab@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 6, 2011
        "I think it may have been a year or so ago, I came across some kind of
        "spiritual" workshop that Marman & Patti Simpson were running, without
        ekult's name. I'm sure I posted it here, but don't feel like taking the
        time to search for it."

        My memory tells me there was an event around the weekend of October
        4th, 2008 when they held a Monterey Conference. Is this the same thing
        you were referring to?

        Some 2008 trivia for context (hope the dates are right.)

        March 2008 - Translation / Darwin Gross

        June 2008 - The Silent questions (new book), by Doug Marman

        August 2008(?) - Spiritual Dialogues project initiates BB Forum
        [Mid-August?].

        http://www.spiritualdialogues.com/forum/index.php?sid=2550fa9d909d702c9727153a5688b39b

        September 2008 - Harold Klemp mentions Eck Master Rabinowitz in
        September Wisdom Notes.
        [I looked up this name and found the meaning "the son of the rabbi, or
        Jewish teacher." See link.)

        http://surnames.meaning-of-names.com/rabinowitz/

        October 4th, 2008 - Monterey Conference. David Rivinus and Patti
        Simpson listed as guest speakers. (This topic - along with "Marman's
        Gaze" - was discussed at E.S.A. around this date. Search for Monterey,
        etc.)

        http://tinyurl.com/3uxz6sw

        October 10th, 2008 (?) - HCS Blog

        http://blog.higherconsciousnesssociety.org/2008/10/08/welcome.aspx

        October 2008 - ATOM / Dhuinami Master Paul Marche. Also, something
        about a new book (by his wife?) "Peddar Zaskq...in this moment", etc.

        October 25th, 2008 - It Is What It Is: The Personal Discourses of Rumi
        New Translation and Commentary by Doug Marman (Question: Is Marman
        doing discourses now? See link.)

        http://www.spiritualdialogues.com/it_is_what_it_is.htm

        December 2008 - ATOM Legal Threat / Atomdoers

        http://atomdoers.org/ATOM_Threat_1.pdf

        http://atomdoers.org/Dhunami_Answer_1.pdf

        http://atomdoers.org/ATOM_Threat_2.pdf

        http://atomdoers.org/Dhunami_Answer_2.pdf

        **************************

        OK. So I could have responded with: Did you mean the Monterey
        Conference around October 2008? But hey. That was an active year. I
        thought it looked better in context.

        (That trivia wasn't all from memory, btw, but from my personal timeline
        archive.)

        Etznab

        P.S. About Kata Daki and Simha. I believe Kata Daki was mentioned in
        1973 Eckankar Dictionary - published after Paul Twitchell's death in
        1971. I don't know where they got tet information from, as it doesn't
        say much about her. I don't recall what Eckankar book(s) - besides the
        dictionary - where either were mentioned. Maybe Simha was mentioned in
        the Shariyat. I'm not certain.

        BTW, I got your name when I was looking for the link to take you off
        moderation, and popped into your Yahoo profile.

        Thanks for the link - Patti's death & this bit of Marman propaganda
        have been discussed and posted here and/or at
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/eckankarsurvivorsanonymous

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 6, 2011
          Hi Etzmab -

          Thanks for the details. It may have been the "Monterey Conference", the only thing I really remember (I think) are the pictures of the speakers. And it seems to me that around the same time, I ran across another website for "new" "spiritual path" or "teaching" that might've had Marman's name on it, but otherwise no mention of ekult.

          You know, my problem is, I just haven't been that interested in all this for awhile now. Plus, I was never good at keeping track of small details unless it was something I worked with frequently enough to sink in "permanently". I'm wondering, have you ever come across any explanation of how Simha & Kata Daki became "masters"? I think I've read at least 99% of the eckbooks, etc., but I can't recall ever seeing anything about it.

          Mary - and BTW if this isn't your name or if you'd like to be called something else, let us know, I just like to use a name because it makes it "personal". Anyway, I'd say it's a very *good* thing if someone's been involved with ekult for 40 years and is still "only" a 4th!!! <gg>

          I used to believe in all that crap about how initiations were decided on the "higher planes" between "master" and "chela" and really did have some spiritual significance. And in my case, since Ive always been realistic about myself, I was always surprised to get another one - like, for my third, they sent a "Congratulations! You've mastered the astral plane" letter, I thought excuse me? I haven't mastered earth yet!!

          I knew a newbie HI who was very interested in my initiation level, and told me I was right on track, a bit "behind" because I'd often have to let my membership lapse for a few months because I was broke. She said iitiations were based on length of membership and the computer spit out lists. That was a bit disillusioning. But, the maybe 5% of good & beautiful spiritual truths and pracices were enough to make me ignore the 95% cultic bullshit. Until I found out about the plagiarism. That, and the clearly non-spirituality of most HIs and other eckists woke me up.

          Mary, I'd really suggest that you enlighten your new husband with some of the "truthful" material on the internet. He's right, Twitch made it quite clear that females could *not* be masters - what Marman's saying now is sort of like if the Catholic Church suddenly declared that Mary was NOT a virgin and Joseph was Jesus' biological father.

          Have a nice weekend, everyone!

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 6, 2011
            At the moment I don't recall.

            Umm ... forgive me for posting this bit by Doug Marman, but it is on
            topic.

            I have seen one manuscript of Paul's that suggest a reference to Sudar
            Singh before 1963, but I would say it is only a provocative bit of
            evidence. It was in a manuscript he had written that was titled The
            Lady of ECK, which was a title that was hand written afterward. The
            original manuscript, however, was typed in 1960 and 1961. This was
            about a year or so after Paul's sister, Katie, died. In the manuscript
            he is taken out of his body by the one he calls The Lady of ECK and
            meets with his sister. She berates him for not settling down to do his
            work and he talks with her about their early days together in Paris,
            going through an old cemetery and being with the presence of Master
            Singh.

            He doesn't say Sudar Singh, but this couldn't have been Kirpal Singh,
            since this would have been in the 1920's or 1930's he was talking
            about, long before he knew Kirpal.

            So, here is a record of something written before 1963 and it refers to
            Paul being with Katie in Paris when they were young (it doesn't say
            France) and a reference to Master Singh. It couldn't have been Kirpal
            no matter how you slice it, since Kirpal never claimed any kind of
            mastership until after Sawan Singh died, which was in 1948. [....]

            http://groups.google.com/group/alt.religion.eckankar/msg/2b9f58371fba501a?hl=en

            OK. Why he couldn't have been talking about Kirpal Singh in 1960 is not
            clear to me. And why Doug said it would have been the 1920s-1930s is
            not clear either - unless Doug was associating this Paris episode with
            what Paul earlier wrote about going there as a teenager (when based on
            a 1909 DOB). I don't know what to make of it. I did notice this part,
            however:

            "It was in a manuscript he had written that was titled The Lady of ECK,
            which was a title that was hand written afterward."

            OK. So what is that supposed to mean? Something typed in 1960-1961, but
            with an afterword title?

            Sorry to bother with this, but you asked. What I can do is check the
            books for mention of Simha and Lady of Eck. Something I've been meaning
            to do anyway. Let me know if you, or anybody else, find anything. I'm
            keeping track of this story :)