Rabbi Hillel and Alexander the Great

  • harrisonferrel
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 11 12:17 PM
      About Klemp's embracing of Rabbi Hillel...

      This kind of bullshit never ceases to amuse me. Klemp continues to lord over everybody. He must be a psychopath because he takes credit, often by insinuation, for the great minds of history. He covets everybody's ideas and actions. Every fu#$%ing figure in history was directed by an eck master. He's superior to Hillel, to the Dali Lama, to you name it. The Dali Lama comes to klemp in his inner world asking for help and guidance. Where's the barf bag when you need it?

      And the truth has no place in his ridiculous bullshit stories. I remember one time listening to him talk about Alexander the Great being directed by one of the eck masters. Alexander the Great? He was, to real historians, a butcher of magnificent proportion. So the eck masters help mass murderers and rapists. Par for the course. It's all marvelous when you never check the facts, you're ignorance of history precedes you and you are blinded by your cult.

      It's all much like the six year old who, after everything his little friend Biffy says, retorts, "I thought of that first."

      Klemp is a revisionist extraordinaire.
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 24 2:11 PM
        Sorry if I have asked this question before but I would like to know if ANYONE can give a relatively accurate count of members/followers of Eckankar. I would also like to know if these numbers are rising, declining or remaining steady.
        Since the advent of the WWW, information can be propagated instantly and since there has been extensive and in-depth post-Twitchellian criticism and exposes', has this hurt membership? I notice more pro-Eck You Tube videos now (with disabled comments) but also a sharp decline (and possible death) of posting on the active newsgroup known as alt.religion.eckankar.
        Does Eckankar appeal to society now? The world has changed dramatically over the past 10 years and I wonder if chanting HU and soul travel really appeals to people who are now faced with economic hardships, loss of security and terrorism just in our country alone.

        By this posting, it appears that Klemp is grossly out of touch with reality and he just keeps on going like the Energizer Bunny.....but how many are really listening now?

        Alf

        --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, harrisonferrel <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > About Klemp's embracing of Rabbi Hillel...
        >
        > This kind of bullshit never ceases to amuse me. Klemp continues to lord over everybody. He must be a psychopath because he takes credit, often by insinuation, for the great minds of history. He covets everybody's ideas and actions. Every fu#$%ing figure in history was directed by an eck master. He's superior to Hillel, to the Dali Lama, to you name it. The Dali Lama comes to klemp in his inner world asking for help and guidance. Where's the barf bag when you need it?
        >
        > And the truth has no place in his ridiculous bullshit stories. I remember one time listening to him talk about Alexander the Great being directed by one of the eck masters. Alexander the Great? He was, to real historians, a butcher of magnificent proportion. So the eck masters help mass murderers and rapists. Par for the course. It's all marvelous when you never check the facts, you're ignorance of history precedes you and you are blinded by your cult.
        >
        > It's all much like the six year old who, after everything his little friend Biffy says, retorts, "I thought of that first."
        >
        > Klemp is a revisionist extraordinaire.

      • tygerpurr
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 24 11:33 PM
          Hopefully what you say is true. It may depend on the age group though. I did hear of a person who was getting a massage, and the massage therapist was telling them about the eckanakr church they were trying out. For some into various New Age stuff they may fall at first for the "church" use and some of the idiotic intro books.

          On the other hand, I have noticed that the younger generations, as adults are still very much into computer video games and/or no interest in practicing any religion or spirituality, except for those who have actually bought into some of the more extreme political views. Generally, it is the older generations who may still hang on to finding a need for a cult like ek. Actually, along with computer video games etc. there seems to be easy access to a certain class of drugs, goth variations, and really a sense of despair, disorientation and apathy/cynicism. eckankar will probably just make them more eratic and cynical, imo.

          For me, all of the old cults are so lame and boring that I do not see how anyone is tempted. I was at first intoxicated by something that seemed exotic and so different from organized religion. Now ek is just another boring cult trying to fit in as another organized religion. I would think that most are not so easily fooled as before the internet. ek is just rotten fruit and will be gone from this country in a decade or less. But I wouldn't be surprised if it gets morphed into something else, hopefully not something worse.

          Tygerpurr ; )