A little lesson on ignorance...

  • harrisonferrel
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2011
      Psychology is an invaluable body of knowledge to have. Too bad I wasn't fluent years ago when I joined eckankar. If I was I would never have joined because:

      So-called spiritual exercises are not real experiences. Psychologists refer to them as hallucinations because they are instigated by the imagination. On the other hand, dreams and uninstigated visions are metaphors. Neither is real, but they are the representations of subconscious feelings.

      When I was in eckankar I used to have visions and dreams that the eck masters would come to meet with me in a cave. They wanted advice from me and solicited my help. If I was versed in psychology I would have recognized this experience as my subconscious mind telling me that I didn't need these people because they were beneath me. Instead, I was puzzled and asked, and wrote for, advice. None came. I was ignored. Why? Because I'm not a good cult member.

      If you understand philosophy, as well as psychology, you have an extra bit of help finding your way out of the eckankar maze. Philosophy gives you a good background of how logic and arguments work. Once you understand these subjects you realize that klemp is a manipulator, liar, cheat and fraud. I've done my homework over the past 10 years, but I wished I had this knowledge before entering the cult.