My email to the eckankar writer in Minnesota

  • harrisonferrel
    Message 1 of 4 , May 21, 2011
      After reading that article on eckankar from Minnesota, here's the email I sent to the author...

      I have no intention of defending eckankar, which is indeed a cult, but the reverend speaks out of his nether regions, to put it as nicely as I can. He obviously read some general information about cults and is merely regurgitating what he read.

      As a cult, eckankar doesn't share many of the more aggressive cult similarities, as any of us who were part of the scam will readily admit. I spent 12 years learning the nonsense before I had had enough and woke back up to reality.

      Also, eckankar is nothing like Hinduism. Again, this guy has no idea what he's talking about, because he obviously knows nothing about Hinduism. It's like saying that a palace and the interior of a car is similar because they both have a floor.

      Eckankar is happily its own unique purveyor of delusion, nonsense and conflicting dogma. When these reverends get in the news it's funny in a sad way. It's a case of the pot calling the kettle black. The reverend's beliefs are as whacked out as those of eckankar — only in a different way.

      While I love to see eckankar get lambasted, this reverend character is ill-informed and has his own ridiculous agenda.

      It would be nice if you did a follow-up by including some of the outstanding inconsistencies of eckankar. I have four hundred pages worth and there's plenty to be found on the internet. It's an interesting story about one of the lesser known cults.

      Thanks for listening!
    • etznab@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , May 22, 2011
        Who is the Reverend/Writer in Minnesota? Did I miss a post someplace?
        Where can I read what he said?

        Message 3 of 4 , May 22, 2011
          Hello Harrison and All,
          True. Christianity and other religions
          are just as deluded as Eckankar. It
          would have been interesting to share
          what is stated in the Shariyat and in
          Klemp's Autobiography (pg. 385) that
          all religions (except Eckankar) are of
          the 2nd or 4th Plane and that they
          pray to KAL, i.e. Satan, Devil.

          Therefore, according to Eckankar,
          Jesus, Moses, etc., as well as,
          Mohammed and Allah are in league
          with Satan and only ECK 5th Initiates
          (and above) know the Truth and H.I.
          Eckists are residing upon the true,
          pure, positive heavenly worlds above
          and beyond the consciousness of the
          deities that the World's religious beliefs
          are based upon and who they pray to.

          Prometheus

          --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com,
          harrisonferrel <no_reply@...> wrote:

          > After reading that article on eckankar from Minnesota, here's the email I sent to the author...
          >
          > I have no intention of defending eckankar, which is indeed a cult, but the reverend speaks out of his nether regions, to put it as nicely as I can. He obviously read some general information about cults and is merely regurgitating what he read.
          >
          > As a cult, eckankar doesn't share many of the more aggressive cult similarities, as any of us who were part of the scam will readily admit. I spent 12 years learning the nonsense before I had had enough and woke back up to reality.
          >
          > Also, eckankar is nothing like Hinduism. Again, this guy has no idea what he's talking about, because he obviously knows nothing about Hinduism. It's like saying that a palace and the interior of a car is similar because they both have a floor.
          >
          > Eckankar is happily its own unique purveyor of delusion, nonsense and conflicting dogma. When these reverends get in the news it's funny in a sad way. It's a case of the pot calling the kettle black. The reverend's beliefs are as whacked out as those of eckankar — only in a different way.
          >
          > While I love to see eckankar get lambasted, this reverend character is ill-informed and has his own ridiculous agenda.
          >
          > It would be nice if you did a follow-up by including some of the outstanding inconsistencies of eckankar. I have four hundred pages worth and there's plenty to be found on the internet. It's an interesting story about one of the lesser known cults.
          >
          > Thanks for listening!

        • tygerpurr
          Message 4 of 4 , May 30, 2011
            I think the reference may from my previous post, but the News video is more revealing than the article. It is true that eckanakar is really not a form of Hinduism, it is probably more like a Sikh sect without the turban etc., but then Twit plagiarized from just about any source that fit his immediate con job.

            Tygerpurr ; )