Re: Eckankar In Minnesota: A Lutheran Pastor's Viewpoint

    Message 1 of 7 , May 14, 2011
      It is interesting to hear a third party impression of Eckankar; one who is not a member nor has been damaged by the cult. This pastor piqued my interest when he mentions Eckankar has a "small" group of followers. I would really like to know how many dues paying members there really are.
      I like the analogy of the cult being a "family" and that the members feel safe and loved within the group because they were disconnected somehow from their own family.

      Alf
      --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, tygerpurr <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > Here's an interesting News story from right next door to ek H.Q. and the $golden temple that Klemp likes to call heaven on earth or whatever. Interesting that the interviewed is a Lutheran Pastor.
      >
      > eck is not just cultish it is a CULT with a capital C.
      >
      > Tygerpurr ; )
      >
      > http://ksax.com/article/stories/s2098515.shtml

    • tygerpurr
      Message 2 of 7 , May 30, 2011

      • etznab@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , May 30, 2011
          I tried my luck at typing in the word Eckankar to see what came up as
          some of the first hits. Here's one. Have you seen this?

          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgcRSUa65cY

          > Here's an interesting News story from right next door to ek H.Q.
          and the $golden temple that Klemp likes to call heaven on earth or
          whatever. Interesting that the interviewed is a Lutheran Pastor.

          > eck is not just cultish it is a CULT with a capital C.
          >
          > Tygerpurr ; )
          >
          > http://ksax.com/article/stories/s2098515.shtml

        • David Osborn
          Message 4 of 7 , May 30, 2011
            Yeah, of course I've seen it!  That was the first video that came up when I typed in Eckankar on YouTube.
                                                                          David

            I tried my luck at typing in the word Eckankar to see what came up as
            some of the first hits. Here's one. Have you seen this?

            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgcRSUa65cY

            &gt; Here's an interesting News story from right next door to ek H.Q.
            and the $golden temple that Klemp likes to call heaven on earth or
            whatever. Interesting that the interviewed is a Lutheran Pastor.
            &gt;
            &gt; eck is not just cultish it is a CULT with a capital C.
            &gt;
            &gt; Tygerpurr ; )
            &gt;
            &gt; http://ksax.com/article/stories/s2098515.shtml
            &gt;

            <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
                (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
                eckankartruth-digest@yahoogroups.com
                eckankartruth-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • etznab@aol.com
            Message 5 of 7 , May 30, 2011
              I'm just now seeing all this YouTube stuff. And I wonder how do they
              get away with putting word's in Harold's mouth? Did you see the one
              about Harold's past meal?

              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 2 5:21 AM
                --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, etznab@... wrote:

                > I'm just now seeing all this YouTube stuff. And I wonder how do they
                > get away with putting word's in Harold's mouth? Did you see the one
                > about Harold's past meal?

                They can do nothing about people expressing their opinions about Eckankar but I wonder if using a video of Harold is a violation of TOS for You Tube.
                There is am interesting 6 part TV series of a Christian theologian and Darwin Gross posted on You Tube.
                Darwin did not come across well as being a Master.
                I have yet to see any significant membership stats of Eckankar since I began posting on a.r.e. I suspect, they number in the few thousands. The hits on You Tube are insignificant also. It just isn't that important anymore.