Eckankar In Minnesota: A Lutheran Pastor's Viewpoint

  • tygerpurr
    Message 1 of 7 , May 9, 2011
      Here's an interesting News story from right next door to ek H.Q. and the $golden temple that Klemp likes to call heaven on earth or whatever. Interesting that the interviewed is a Lutheran Pastor.

      eck is not just cultish it is a CULT with a capital C.

      Tygerpurr ; )

      http://ksax.com/article/stories/s2098515.shtml
      Message 2 of 7 , May 14, 2011
        It is interesting to hear a third party impression of Eckankar; one who is not a member nor has been damaged by the cult. This pastor piqued my interest when he mentions Eckankar has a "small" group of followers. I would really like to know how many dues paying members there really are.
        I like the analogy of the cult being a "family" and that the members feel safe and loved within the group because they were disconnected somehow from their own family.

        Alf

        Message 3 of 7 , May 30, 2011

        • etznab@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , May 30, 2011
            I tried my luck at typing in the word Eckankar to see what came up as
            some of the first hits. Here's one. Have you seen this?

            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgcRSUa65cY

            > Here's an interesting News story from right next door to ek H.Q.
            and the $golden temple that Klemp likes to call heaven on earth or
            whatever. Interesting that the interviewed is a Lutheran Pastor.

            > eck is not just cultish it is a CULT with a capital C.
            >
            > Tygerpurr ; )
            >
            > http://ksax.com/article/stories/s2098515.shtml

          • David Osborn
            Message 5 of 7 , May 30, 2011
              Yeah, of course I've seen it!  That was the first video that came up when I typed in Eckankar on YouTube.
                                                                            David

              I tried my luck at typing in the word Eckankar to see what came up as
              some of the first hits. Here's one. Have you seen this?

              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgcRSUa65cY

              &gt; Here's an interesting News story from right next door to ek H.Q.
              and the $golden temple that Klemp likes to call heaven on earth or
              whatever. Interesting that the interviewed is a Lutheran Pastor.
              &gt;
              &gt; eck is not just cultish it is a CULT with a capital C.
              &gt;
              &gt; Tygerpurr ; )
              &gt;
              &gt; http://ksax.com/article/stories/s2098515.shtml
              &gt;

              <*> Your email settings:
                  Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
                  (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
                  eckankartruth-digest@yahoogroups.com
                  eckankartruth-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • etznab@aol.com
              Message 6 of 7 , May 30, 2011
                I'm just now seeing all this YouTube stuff. And I wonder how do they
                get away with putting word's in Harold's mouth? Did you see the one
                about Harold's past meal?

                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 2, 2011
                  --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, etznab@... wrote:

                  > I'm just now seeing all this YouTube stuff. And I wonder how do they
                  > get away with putting word's in Harold's mouth? Did you see the one
                  > about Harold's past meal?

                  They can do nothing about people expressing their opinions about Eckankar but I wonder if using a video of Harold is a violation of TOS for You Tube.
                  There is am interesting 6 part TV series of a Christian theologian and Darwin Gross posted on You Tube.
                  Darwin did not come across well as being a Master.
                  I have yet to see any significant membership stats of Eckankar since I began posting on a.r.e. I suspect, they number in the few thousands. The hits on You Tube are insignificant also. It just isn't that important anymore.