Re: Samorez Memorial Oasis

  • al_radzik@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 18 , Aug 6, 2001
      --- In eckankartruth@y..., "Sharon" <brighttigress@y...> wrote:

      > You know, I think about this place sometimes. I *would* like it to
      be a helpful place for former members, and I don't know if just some
      of us bitchin' about a.r.e. is helpful to everyone, you know?

      > Problem is, this *is* a public forum. I'd like to say this to
      everyone...some of you more "quieter" ones, well...if you haven't
      "experienced" a.r.e., you may not know really what's going on.

      Yeah, don't mind me. I just go off sometimes. I keep forgetting the
      very short time I was in eckankar. I truly believed that horse duty
      for about 6 months to a year.........seriously. It is amazing what
      you can talk yourself into. But I am human and have my quirks and
      foibles, so I can't begrudge anyone falling for things like time
      sharing, Amway, pet rocks, and of course eckankar.

      > You know, please don't take this as a personal insult, anyone, but
      my personal feeling has always been to wonder, why is anyone bitchin'
      about the disgusting stuff at oasis? Personally...I don't give a
      damn what they say about me, and what they do.

      Well, Oasis is truly an insignificant part of the Internet universe.
      First of all, you have to have some connection with Eckankar, a small
      dwindling cult anyway....either as a member or ex-member. Next, you
      have to own a computer and even then, most people do not use USENET.
      Lastly, you may be lucky if you find the URL to Oasis in the midst of
      all the fighting at a.r.e.

      > Oh, want to hear a funny one? PickIt bragged, sort of, about
      having to take over the responsibilities for his whole state's
      satsang society, because the last person in charge got an "inner"
      message to toss the eckring in the river & get the hell out!
      Interesting, huh?

      I have had some dialogue with a current member of Eckankar and found
      out that there may be three hundred Eckists in the entire state of
      New Jersey! Now NJ is one of the most populated states of the Union
      so I suppose you could dig up about three of them in say, Wyoming.
      I maintain that the organization level of membership either stays the
      same or is falling. Harold's books are such failures and so boring, I
      cannot see anyone buying into the cult anymore. Not only that, (and I
      love to use this example), if you go to a Barnes and Noble or Borders
      book store, you will find at least two aisles chock full of religious
      texts. Bibles, Torahs, Korans and thousands of related reading
      material on all the worlds' religions. There are biographies of holy
      people of all faiths; testimonies; affirmations.......you name it. So
      much material. Where are the eck books?????? Right smack dab in the
      "metaphysical" section between UFOs and rolfing!!<GGG>
      eckankar is the runt of religions? Why? At least Twitchell was bold
      and more interesting (but such a lying literary thief).....but Harold
      may as well publish coloring books with crayons for what his words
      are worth. In fact, he should put out a set of eck master colorforms
      so kids can dress up Rebazar with different colored robes and stuff.
      That is how insipid the word of eck is, according to harji.

      > Good night, everyone!!! (Or good morning, depending on when you
      read this...)

      > And...welcome home, Master!!

      Why thank you my child. You have learned well, grasshopper.

      > ((Hugs!!)),
      >
      > Your Humble Serving Wench
      > <ggg>

      Now now.......that won't be necessary. You see, most Eastern
      religions (and religoids) teach one to surrender and get rid of the
      ego. This Master's way is to INFLATE the ego and become an arrogant,
      outspoken upstart against idiotic paths like eckankar.
      May the Blusterings Be.

      > > Tanned, healthy, and happy
      >
      > <giggle>
      >
      > So...since the rest of you is tanned, your buns almost
      > glow in the dark, don't they? <ggg>

      Yes, and guess what.........I got an earring! And THAT twinkles in
      the moonlight. Oh boy, I can't wait to get back to work today and
      hear about it.

      > Hey...Happy Anniversary!!!!!! I know it's soon, but I forget
      > the date!!

      We will be married 20 years on August 22. That's when my wife got MY
      Rod Of Power..<G>

      Alf
    • Randy Cable
      Message 2 of 18 , Aug 6, 2001
        --- Sharon <brighttigress@...> wrote:
> [...]
        > > Same old pukes running off at the mouth.
        > >

        > Don't forget, honeybuns, that *I* was one of them
        > when we first met.
        >
        > Didn't last too long, did I? <ggg>
        >
        > This is what I *really* don't understand...that
        > whole cult mentality,
        > what it does to people...but, we all have free will
        > and can make conscious choices. Is it something
        > inside them, or is it possible that the cult can
        > take an otherwise "okay" human being and twist them
        > so horribly? I think of the ones I knew in real
        > life....they seem like "nice" people.
        >
        > But...well, Ted Bundy was a charmer. You never
        > know, you can be working right next to a serial
        > murderer or something. By the way, there's an
        > interesting thing at:
        >
        > http://www.snowcrest.net/sunrise/Ct-socio.htm
        >
        > I think it really fits Twitch. Sam/Gary...and
        > Colleen...and anyone else who knew the
        > Twitchster...any comments?
        >
        > BTW....SamOrez...when you post at a.r.e., do you
        > think you can sign off with "SamOrez"? Just so
        > that there's no possibility of newbies not getting
        > you mixed up with that other Sam, who seems to be a
        > bit confused, often.
        >
        > Oh!! BTW, sweetie...check out:
        >
        > http://zapatopi.net/afdb.html -- Recommended by
        > Nathan!!! <ggg>
        >
        > You know, I think about this place sometimes. I
        > *would* like it to be a helpful place for former
        > members, and I don't know if just some of us
        > bitchin' about a.r.e. is helpful to everyone, you
        > know?
        >
        > Problem is, this *is* a public forum. I'd like to
        > say this to everyone...some of you more "quieter"
        > ones, well...if you haven't "experienced" a.r.e.,
        > you may not know really what's going on. You might
        > be new to the internet & all this. You may be
        > feeling very hurt, raw, vulnerable....all I can say
        > is, don't let the "public" goings-on here stifle
        > you, or anything like that. We all have different
        > personalities, handle things differently, stuff like
        > that. I just want to say...in spite of appearances,
        > believe me, we know and we understand. If you don't
        > feel comfortable speaking out publicly here, please
        > feel free to write to anyone here. And please check
        > out http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ex-cult-support,
        > and /freedomofmind. Ex-cult-support is a "private"
        > place, and I regret that I can't spend more time
        > there. /freedomofmind is "public" but you will find
        > it helpful.
        >
        > Well...that's it, I guess.
        >
        > You know, please don't take this as a personal
        > insult, anyone, but my personal feeling has always
        > been to wonder, why is anyone bitchin' about the
        > disgusting stuff at oasis? Personally...I don't
        > give a damn what they say about me, and what they
        > do.
        >
        > Oh, want to hear a funny one? PickIt bragged, sort
        > of, about having to take over the responsibilities
        > for his whole state's satsang society, because the
        > last person in charge got an "inner" message to toss
        > the eckring in the river & get the hell out!

        Ran1100:
        Yes this is an interesting bit of information. A
        friend of mine has a theory that if someone truly
        seeks
        the spiritual life, is true to spirit, then there
        comes a time when the inner experiences and expanding
        consciousness will be at conflict with the eckankar
        programming. Inevitably, the person will leave the
        organization.
        Randy

        Message 3 of 18 , Aug 6, 2001
          --- In eckankartruth@y..., al_radzik@y... wrote:
          > --- In eckankartruth@y..., "Sharon" <brighttigress@y...> wrote:
          >
          > > You know, I think about this place sometimes. I *would* like it to
          > be a helpful place for former members, and I don't know if just some
          > of us bitchin' about a.r.e. is helpful to everyone, you know?
          > >
          > > Problem is, this *is* a public forum. I'd like to say this to
          > everyone...some of you more "quieter" ones, well...if you haven't
          > "experienced" a.r.e., you may not know really what's going on.
          >

          > Yeah, don't mind me. I just go off sometimes.

          Not everyone may agree with your "style", but it's exactly what
          some people need to help them wake up. You're brutally honest,
          and have a way of cutting through the b.s. and seeing things as
          they really are.

          > I keep forgetting the
          > very short time I was in eckankar. I truly believed that horse duty
          > for about 6 months to a year.........seriously.

          It shows you had a lot more sense than *I* did!!!

          I fell for it. And I worked damn hard at it, too.

          Duh!

          > It is amazing what
          > you can talk yourself into.

          Yep...there's a sucker born every minute!! You know...I wonder sometimes why Twitch dropped the first-name he was born with (John)
          and used Paul. Was PT Barnum one of his early heroes?

          >But I am human and have my quirks and
          > foibles, so I can't begrudge anyone falling for things like time
          > sharing, Amway, pet rocks, and of course eckankar.

          What's wrong with pet rocks???? My rocks aren't "pets" but I have a lot of them!! In fact, yesterday I gathered up all the recent
          acquisitions and piled 'em all in a basket. The counters & bookshelves were getting too overloaded. I was going through some old ones, and found a neat one I've had for years...it's the size & shape of my foot, and really smooth...my son & I found it in a stream-bed. I sort of wonder, though, if it might have been a prehistoric tool of some type!

          You know, maybe I should get some of those craft "eyes" and glue them on some of the rocks...maybe little feet would look cute...maybe some hair...little sunglasses....<ggg>

          > > You know, please don't take this as a personal insult, anyone, but
          > >my personal feeling has always been to wonder, why is anyone > >bitchin'
          > > about the disgusting stuff at oasis? Personally...I don't give a
          > >damn what they say about me, and what they do.
          >

          > Well, Oasis is truly an insignificant part of the Internet universe.
          > First of all, you have to have some connection with Eckankar, a small
          > dwindling cult anyway....either as a member or ex-member. Next, you
          > have to own a computer and even then, most people do not use USENET.
          > Lastly, you may be lucky if you find the URL to Oasis in the midst of all the fighting at a.r.e.

          I think oasis simply shows the cult & its "clergy" for what they truly are. Small-minded, mean-spirited National Enquirer wannabes. It's that "spiritual protection racket" stuff.

          > > Oh, want to hear a funny one? PickIt bragged, sort of, about
          > >having to take over the responsibilities for his whole state's
          > >satsang society, because the last person in charge got an "inner"
          > >message to toss the eckring in the river & get the hell out!
          > >Interesting, huh?
          >
          > I have had some dialogue with a current member of Eckankar and found
          > out that there may be three hundred Eckists in the entire state of
          > New Jersey! Now NJ is one of the most populated states of the Union
          > so I suppose you could dig up about three of them in say, Wyoming.
          > I maintain that the organization level of membership either stays the same or is falling.

          I bet their implication of having 50,000 members is highly inflated.
          That's why Klemp pushes the "eckmissionary" stuff so hard, and why they're advertising more. Probably more drop out than stay.

          > Harold's books are such failures and so boring, I
          > cannot see anyone buying into the cult anymore.

          Perhaps years ago it was a bit "different", but...most people are
          much more acquainted with the subject it deals with, which is basically new-age occult & psychic stuff with a deceptive "spiritual" label on it.

          Harold's stuff, well...you know, I'm one of those people who likes reading greeting cards, too.

          >Not only that, (and I
          > love to use this example), if you go to a Barnes and Noble or Borders book store, you will find at least two aisles chock full of religious texts. Bibles, Torahs, Korans and thousands of related reading material on all the worlds' religions. There are biographies of holy people of all faiths; testimonies; affirmations.......you name it. So much material.

          Yep...there *is* so much incredibly good stuff out there!!!

          That's why I have to laugh when eckists say things like "Well, can you suggest anything better?" Damn right I can!!!

          > Where are the eck books?????? Right smack dab in the "metaphysical" section between UFOs and rolfing!!<GGG>

          Well, I think UFOs are interesting! And Astrology & Wicca & other things like that.

          > eckankar is the runt of religions? Why? At least Twitchell was bold
          > and more interesting (but such a lying literary thief).....

          Well...you know, Twitch was also confusing. His "books" were such a convoluted hodge-podge that I think the reader, in order to avoid going cross-eyed & start drooling, picks out parts that appeal to them, while the rest of the garbage sort of sinks in without your even noticing it.

          >but Harold may as well publish coloring books with crayons for what his words are worth.

          The kiddie discourses are sort of coloring books, but you have to buy your own crayons. <ggg>

          >In fact, he should put out a set of eck master colorforms so kids can dress up Rebazar with different colored robes and stuff.

          Reb has two robes. One is burgundy, and one is ruby-red.

          Around the time I left, they came out with a comic-book Shariyat, which was a big seller, I heard.

          > That is how insipid the word of eck is, according to harji.

          Oh!! Guess what I was looking at this morning! Would you believe, Uncle Arthur's Bedtime Stories are *still* around!!!! It's nice...and I am very thankful that my parents got those books for me when I was little. If anyone's interested, the address is: The Bible Story, PO Box 1119, Hagerstown MD 21741-9923

          For those who have objections to Christian teachings, well...I still think the books are wonderful. Lots of very good & very real stories about basic life lessons, etc.

          I think it's hilarious that Klemp used an Uncle Arthur's story in one of his talks, presenting it as if it were an eckstory, without crediting the source. I remembered where that story came from!

          > > Good night, everyone!!! (Or good morning, depending on when you
          > read this...)
          > >
          > > And...welcome home, Master!!
          >
          > Why thank you my child. You have learned well, grasshopper.

          <giggle>

          (Hey, everyone...don't tell Alf this, but actually, I've just
          reverted to my "real" self since getting out of the cult, except
          much of me was always there...one thing it couldn't totally ruin
          was my sense of humor.)

          > > ((Hugs!!)),
          > >
          > > Your Humble Serving Wench
          > > <ggg>
          >
          > Now now.......that won't be necessary.

          Ha! You *know* you love it! And...it helps reinforce the
          eckists' delusions. <ggg>

          >You see, most Eastern
          > religions (and religoids) teach one to surrender and get rid of the
          > ego. This Master's way is to INFLATE the ego and become an arrogant,
          > outspoken upstart against idiotic paths like eckankar.

          Hmmmmm....must be that ol' "golden-tongued-wisdom" thing, but
          perhaps "religoid" is appropriate for e-kult, since it rhymes
          with "hemorrhoid".

          I think a healthy & realistic ego is a good thing. E-kult creates
          a *false* ego, which *is* arrogant & outspoken (and fanatical) but
          it's an eckanborg thing, you know?

          > May the Blusterings Be.

          Wouldn't some nice blustery winter winds be nice right about now?

          > Yes, and guess what.........I got an earring! And THAT twinkles in
          > the moonlight. Oh boy, I can't wait to get back to work today and
          > hear about it.

          An earring????? What a hoot!!!! What's next...a red sports car? <ggg>

          Hey...you can get revenge for the girls' brushing their eyebrows with your toothbrush by borrowing their earrings!!

          Kids are piercing some *strange* places these days! One I work with has the bridge of his nose pierced!!

          > We will be married 20 years on August 22. That's when my wife got MY
          > Rod Of Power..<G>

          Nah...I'll be good here!! <ggg>

          Gee, I thought this year was 21 or 22 years!!

          Well...I'm glad you enjoyed your vacation!!!