Re: Sharyat Ki Sugmad

  • prometheus_973
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 31, 2011
      Hello All,
      This is an interesting topic
      and I have some perspectives
      and info to share that might
      explain how this, too, came
      about.

      First, we have to understand
      that Twitchell was a liar, scammer,
      narcissist and a manipulator
      who used various techniques
      to create material and terms
      for his con of Eckankar.

      Twitchell would substitute, add,
      omit, and transpose letters, words,
      and names to make his con sound
      original and authentic and to make
      it more difficult for others to research
      and, therefore, debunk. He had,
      previously, been accused of plagiarism
      and, thus, took measures to hide
      his sources.

      Twitchell's main resource book for
      creating his scam was "The Path of
      the Masters." I'll use this book to
      show directly where some of this
      Shariyat term came from and where
      and how Twitchell could have (more
      than likely) created the term "Shariyat-
      Ki-Sugmad" via using his "substitution"
      methodology.

      In the "Glossary of Foreign Terms"
      on page 590 is this term:

      "Ekonkar.--The one supreme all-
      inclusive God." On page 283 it,
      also, gives a spelling of "Ekankar."

      This was merely one example
      to show how Twitchell created
      the term Eckankar.

      In this same glossary on pages
      565-566, are these terms:

      "Santon Ki Shiksha.--The teachings
      of the Saints."

      "Shariyat.--Mode, or code of life,
      according to Mohammedan law or
      custom."

      "Shraddha.--Faith, belief, reverence."

      "Shugal-i-Nasira.--A Muslim term
      for the supreme Shabd, or sound."

      Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad? I can see how
      Twit could have created this term
      with what was in the glossary alone!

      We have "Shariyat" and we have "Ki."

      Now we just need to create "Sugmad."
      This is somewhat tricky, but so was
      Twitchell!

      Well, we have a "S" and "UG" in Shugal.

      Now we just need MAD. Well, I do see
      those letters in the definition for Shugal-
      i-Nasira.

      Or, maybe this whole process was making
      Twitchell "mad" or maybe he thought
      the search for God tends to make people
      "mad." It's really hard to know some things
      about others or even ourselves at times.
      We'll never know for sure since we don't
      have Twitchell to ask. But, in life we have
      to make certain judgments and form certain
      conclusions in order to exist or do anything.

      How ever Paul and Gail Twitchell created
      their scam it is obvious that,Paul, especially,
      was a life-long liar. He even lied to Gail
      about his age and of being, about, 33 years
      older than her.

      I don't know if this helped anyone to see
      or to understand that we may never be
      able to connect all of the the dots as to
      where things came from or why and how
      everything was done and given as it was.
      Twitchell was a proven liar and plagiarist,
      thus, everything he touched became contaminated
      and is suspect.

      Prometheus

      butterflyschmidt wrote:

      Hi,
      I wonder whether Twitch got the
      name Sharyat from "Sharia", the
      muslim book.

      I understand that "Sharia" originally
      meant "the path through the desert
      to an oasis".

      It could be that Twitch got the word
      from the Muslims. But what does "Ki
      Sugmad" mean. I have never found out,
      it could be Sanskrit too. Does anyone
      have come across a translation?

      "Butterfly Schmidt"
    • Harolds Vibratorecksextoys
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 6, 2011

         To hell with klemp he is only as good as his followers (ie look at egypt mubarek is powerless if noone obeys him)
        He needs a good vibrator

      • butterflyschmidt@yahoo.de
        Message 3 of 9 , May 13, 2011
          Ups, a long time ago I asked a question and surprised I see that it was answered so phantastically by prometheus and etznab.
          Thank you very much!!!!
          Love,
          Butterfly Schmidt

          --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "prometheus_973" <prometheus_973@...> wrote:

> [...]
          >
          > Or, maybe this whole process was making
          > Twitchell "mad" or maybe he thought
          > the search for God tends to make people
          > "mad." It's really hard to know some things
          > about others or even ourselves at times.
          > We'll never know for sure since we don't
          > have Twitchell to ask. But, in life we have
          > to make certain judgments and form certain
          > conclusions in order to exist or do anything.
          >
          > How ever Paul and Gail Twitchell created
          > their scam it is obvious that,Paul, especially,
          > was a life-long liar. He even lied to Gail
          > about his age and of being, about, 33 years
          > older than her.
          >
          > I don't know if this helped anyone to see
          > or to understand that we may never be
          > able to connect all of the the dots as to
          > where things came from or why and how
          > everything was done and given as it was.
          > Twitchell was a proven liar and plagiarist,
          > thus, everything he touched became contaminated

        • prometheus_973
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 6, 2011
            Hello Butterfly and All,
            In Twitchell's main resource
            book, "The Path of the Masters"
            it states this in CH. 12, "5. The
            Technology Of This Yoga:

            ... a good moral life is the first
            prerequisite to becoming a
            disciple of the Sat Guru. This
            may be called the Yama of
            this Path or the Dharma. In
            the language of Muslim Saints
            it is called Shariyat, the law
            of life, that which is to be
            done or ought to be done."

            I did find mention of the
            "Santon ki Shiksha, the
            teachings of the Masters."

            Of course, Paul, always
            changed, added, and omitted
            letters and even made up
            new words to make his
            religious scam unique.

            BTW- In CH.7 of "The Path
            of the Masters" the Manu
            Samhita is mentioned and
            states: "...the Danda is set
            forth as the concrete will
            of God, the foundation and
            support of society."

            I mention this because in
            1972, Eckankar The Ancient
            Science of Soul Travel, had
            a membership brochure
            titled, "THE MANU SAMHITA
            The Code of Ethics" where
            16 points/rules are given
            for the chela to follow.

            Prometheus

            --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, the3pucketts <no_reply@...> wrote:

            > I just married an Eckist- he absolutely hates it when I look up the 'Indian' words in online foreign language-English dictionaries (many of them are used incorrectly, sometimes laughably (for example, baju means shirt)or are simply made up.... He says I'm ruining their magic by analyzing them.....
            >
            > --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, butterflyschmidt@ wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi,
            > > I wonder whether Twitch got the name Sharyat from "Sharia", the muslim book. I understand that "Sharia" originally meant "the path through the desert to an oasis".
            > > It could be that Twitch got the word from the Muslims. But what does "Ki Sugmad" mean. I have never found out, it could be Sanskrit too. Does anyone have come accross a translation?
            > > "Butterfly Schmidt"

          • harrisonferrel
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 6, 2011
              Welcome to our world! This is one of the many complaints about this cult -- that they simply fabricate everything, including the meanings of words. It is outrageous that they claim to have copyrights and trademarks on words that they've merely stolen and re-assigned new definitions to. The whole thing is so ridiculous because it just goes to show how ignorant eckists are and how brainwashed that they don't question these words outside of the cult's definitions.

              Somwhere in these posts someone once posted that the word "mahanta" is something like a custodian in India, but eckankar uses the term to mean god-man.

              It's all a bunch of sick, twisted shit. And I do mean shit. It's worthless junk that flows out of the divisive, twisted minds of harold klemp and his entourage of deadbeats making a living off of people who primarily just want to better themselves.