Sharyat Ki Sugmad

  • butterflyschmidt@yahoo.de
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 28, 2011
      Hi,
      I wonder whether Twitch got the name Sharyat from "Sharia", the muslim book. I understand that "Sharia" originally meant "the path through the desert to an oasis".
      It could be that Twitch got the word from the Muslims. But what does "Ki Sugmad" mean. I have never found out, it could be Sanskrit too. Does anyone have come accross a translation?
      "Butterfly Schmidt"
    • etznab@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 29, 2011
        I think "Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad was described" as basically meaning: "way
        of the eternal".

        My guess is that "Shariyat" corresponds with "way"; "Ki" with "of"; and
        "Sugmad" with "eternal". It's only a guess. I'm not positively certain.

        In Sanskrit, a number of words beginning with "Sug-" basically mean
        "good". Greek has a prefix "Eu-". I don't know if the two are related.

        Try going here:

        http://www.sanskrit-lexicon.uni-koeln.de/scans/MWScan/tamil/index.html

        In the first box choose All Dictionaries. In the second box type the
        letters sug. To the right of that specify prefix and then click start
        search.

        When the g is changed to an r (ex: sur) definitions appear to suggest
        something to do with god, or gods. IMO.

        There is not a word in that dictionary (that I know of) where "-mad" is
        suffixed to "sug-". There is a case, however, where "-mad" is suffixed
        to "sur-".

        1 (mwd) surAmada m. Sura1-intoxication S3Br.

        Perhaps "sarmad" is related?

        http://wahiduddin.net/cgi-bin/texis/webinator/search_rjs?pr=full_site&prox=page&rorder=250&rprox=750&rdfreq=500&rwfreq=250&rlead=0&sufs=2&order=r&query=sarmad&submit=Submit

        My guess is that some people try to link "sugmad" with "sarmad".
        However, the sanskrit "sug-" does not appear the same as Sanskrit
        "sur-" Perhaps they have "su-" in common?

        If you go back to the Sanskrit dictionary and search for prefix "suk" -
        there again appears the idea of "good" (in some places). Including
        "sukama"

        21 (mwd) sukAma mfn. having good desires MW.; (%{A}) f. Ficus
        Heterophylla L.; (%{-ma})%{-da} mf(%{A}) n. abundantly granting desires
        Hcat.; %{-vrata} n. a partic. religious observance Cat. (v.l.
        %{kAmya-v-}).

        (Above that, however, appears the (otl) -> cukam. The Tamil has a "c"
        instead of an "s"?)

        Here is the Tamil version:

        1 (otl) cukam 01 1. happiness pleasure, enjoyment; 2. that which is
        good, wholesome, beneficial; 3. health welfare; 4. ease, comfort; 5.
        cordiality

        The Greek prefix "eu-" can basically mean "good". Now take a look at
        this:

        eu

        prefix in modern use meaning "good, well," from comb. form of Gk. eus
        "good," eu "well" (adv.), also "luckily, happily," from PIE *(e)su-
        "good" (cf. Skt. su- "good," Avestan hu- "good").

        http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?search=eu&searchmode=none

        No. I don't know what "sugmad" means, because I haven't found that
        spelling for a word in Sanskrit.
        I am familiar, however, with Paul Twitchell's tendency to coin, change
        the spelling of, or replace certain names / words with others. I don't
        know what was / is the case with "sugmad".

        "Way" or "Path" for Sharia can be found in the etymology section here.

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharia#Etymology

        A word spelled shariat appears here:

        http://wahiduddin.net/mv2/IX/IX_26.htm

        Partial quote:

        "Shariat means the law which is necessary for the generality to
        observe, in order to harmonize with one's surroundings and one's self
        within. Although the religious authorities of Islam have limited this
        law to restrictions, yet in a thousand places in the Quran and Hadith
        one can trace how the law of Shariat is meant to be subject to change,
        in order to suit the time and place. The law of Shariat, unlike any
        other religious law, deals with all aspects of life, and that is why
        the Prophet of Islam had personally to experience all aspects of life.
        [....]"

        http://wahiduddin.net/mv2/IX/IX_26.htm

        It's a good question, IMO. What does Sugmad mean? Maybe search for both
        "sug" and "mad" here?

        http://www.sanskrit-lexicon.uni-koeln.de/scans/MWScan/tamil/index.html

        I don't know if Paul Twitchell based his definition for "Sugmad" on
        Sanskrit. Maybe find Gail and ask her if she knows where the word came
        from. Afterall, Gail was married to two Eckankar leaders and has
        survived them both.

        Etznab

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 29, 2011
          Wow. I decided to search for the phrase "shariat-ki" to see what I
          could find. You're not gonna believe this.

          http://www.flickr.com/photos/24407059@N07/

          I think I'll keep searching.

          Etznab

          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 29, 2011
            There are a number of links with the words "shariat-ki" I haven't
            searched them all yet. Here is one :)

            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daJDHE4ypl0

            http://wahiduddin.net/cgi-bin/texis/webinator/search_rjs?pr=full_site&amp;prox=page&rorder=250&rprox=750&rdfreq=500&rwfreq=250&rlead=0&sufs=2&order=r&query=sarmad&submit=Submit

            http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?search=eu&amp;searchmode=none

            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 31, 2011
              Hello All,
              This is an interesting topic
              and I have some perspectives
              and info to share that might
              explain how this, too, came
              about.

              First, we have to understand
              that Twitchell was a liar, scammer,
              narcissist and a manipulator
              who used various techniques
              to create material and terms
              for his con of Eckankar.

              Twitchell would substitute, add,
              omit, and transpose letters, words,
              and names to make his con sound
              original and authentic and to make
              it more difficult for others to research
              and, therefore, debunk. He had,
              previously, been accused of plagiarism
              and, thus, took measures to hide
              his sources.

              Twitchell's main resource book for
              creating his scam was "The Path of
              the Masters." I'll use this book to
              show directly where some of this
              Shariyat term came from and where
              and how Twitchell could have (more
              than likely) created the term "Shariyat-
              Ki-Sugmad" via using his "substitution"
              methodology.

              In the "Glossary of Foreign Terms"
              on page 590 is this term:

              "Ekonkar.--The one supreme all-
              inclusive God." On page 283 it,
              also, gives a spelling of "Ekankar."

              This was merely one example
              to show how Twitchell created
              the term Eckankar.

              In this same glossary on pages
              565-566, are these terms:

              "Santon Ki Shiksha.--The teachings
              of the Saints."

              "Shariyat.--Mode, or code of life,
              according to Mohammedan law or
              custom."

              "Shraddha.--Faith, belief, reverence."

              "Shugal-i-Nasira.--A Muslim term
              for the supreme Shabd, or sound."

              Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad? I can see how
              Twit could have created this term
              with what was in the glossary alone!

              We have "Shariyat" and we have "Ki."

              Now we just need to create "Sugmad."
              This is somewhat tricky, but so was
              Twitchell!

              Well, we have a "S" and "UG" in Shugal.

              Now we just need MAD. Well, I do see
              those letters in the definition for Shugal-
              i-Nasira.

              Or, maybe this whole process was making
              Twitchell "mad" or maybe he thought
              the search for God tends to make people
              "mad." It's really hard to know some things
              about others or even ourselves at times.
              We'll never know for sure since we don't
              have Twitchell to ask. But, in life we have
              to make certain judgments and form certain
              conclusions in order to exist or do anything.

              How ever Paul and Gail Twitchell created
              their scam it is obvious that,Paul, especially,
              was a life-long liar. He even lied to Gail
              about his age and of being, about, 33 years
              older than her.

              I don't know if this helped anyone to see
              or to understand that we may never be
              able to connect all of the the dots as to
              where things came from or why and how
              everything was done and given as it was.
              Twitchell was a proven liar and plagiarist,
              thus, everything he touched became contaminated
              and is suspect.

              Prometheus

              butterflyschmidt wrote:

              Hi,
              I wonder whether Twitch got the
              name Sharyat from "Sharia", the
              muslim book.

              I understand that "Sharia" originally
              meant "the path through the desert
              to an oasis".

              It could be that Twitch got the word
              from the Muslims. But what does "Ki
              Sugmad" mean. I have never found out,
              it could be Sanskrit too. Does anyone
              have come across a translation?

              "Butterfly Schmidt"
            • Harolds Vibratorecksextoys
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 6, 2011

                 To hell with klemp he is only as good as his followers (ie look at egypt mubarek is powerless if noone obeys him)
                He needs a good vibrator

              • butterflyschmidt@yahoo.de
                Message 7 of 9 , May 13, 2011
                  Ups, a long time ago I asked a question and surprised I see that it was answered so phantastically by prometheus and etznab.
                  Thank you very much!!!!
                  Love,
                  Butterfly Schmidt

                  --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "prometheus_973" <prometheus_973@...> wrote:

> [...]
                  >
                  > Or, maybe this whole process was making
                  > Twitchell "mad" or maybe he thought
                  > the search for God tends to make people
                  > "mad." It's really hard to know some things
                  > about others or even ourselves at times.
                  > We'll never know for sure since we don't
                  > have Twitchell to ask. But, in life we have
                  > to make certain judgments and form certain
                  > conclusions in order to exist or do anything.
                  >
                  > How ever Paul and Gail Twitchell created
                  > their scam it is obvious that,Paul, especially,
                  > was a life-long liar. He even lied to Gail
                  > about his age and of being, about, 33 years
                  > older than her.
                  >
                  > I don't know if this helped anyone to see
                  > or to understand that we may never be
                  > able to connect all of the the dots as to
                  > where things came from or why and how
                  > everything was done and given as it was.
                  > Twitchell was a proven liar and plagiarist,
                  > thus, everything he touched became contaminated

                • prometheus_973
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 6, 2011
                    Hello Butterfly and All,
                    In Twitchell's main resource
                    book, "The Path of the Masters"
                    it states this in CH. 12, "5. The
                    Technology Of This Yoga:

                    ... a good moral life is the first
                    prerequisite to becoming a
                    disciple of the Sat Guru. This
                    may be called the Yama of
                    this Path or the Dharma. In
                    the language of Muslim Saints
                    it is called Shariyat, the law
                    of life, that which is to be
                    done or ought to be done."

                    I did find mention of the
                    "Santon ki Shiksha, the
                    teachings of the Masters."

                    Of course, Paul, always
                    changed, added, and omitted
                    letters and even made up
                    new words to make his
                    religious scam unique.

                    BTW- In CH.7 of "The Path
                    of the Masters" the Manu
                    Samhita is mentioned and
                    states: "...the Danda is set
                    forth as the concrete will
                    of God, the foundation and
                    support of society."

                    I mention this because in
                    1972, Eckankar The Ancient
                    Science of Soul Travel, had
                    a membership brochure
                    titled, "THE MANU SAMHITA
                    The Code of Ethics" where
                    16 points/rules are given
                    for the chela to follow.

                    Prometheus

                    --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, the3pucketts <no_reply@...> wrote:

                    > I just married an Eckist- he absolutely hates it when I look up the 'Indian' words in online foreign language-English dictionaries (many of them are used incorrectly, sometimes laughably (for example, baju means shirt)or are simply made up.... He says I'm ruining their magic by analyzing them.....
                    >
                    > --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, butterflyschmidt@ wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Hi,
                    > > I wonder whether Twitch got the name Sharyat from "Sharia", the muslim book. I understand that "Sharia" originally meant "the path through the desert to an oasis".
                    > > It could be that Twitch got the word from the Muslims. But what does "Ki Sugmad" mean. I have never found out, it could be Sanskrit too. Does anyone have come accross a translation?
                    > > "Butterfly Schmidt"

                  • harrisonferrel
                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 6, 2011
                      Welcome to our world! This is one of the many complaints about this cult -- that they simply fabricate everything, including the meanings of words. It is outrageous that they claim to have copyrights and trademarks on words that they've merely stolen and re-assigned new definitions to. The whole thing is so ridiculous because it just goes to show how ignorant eckists are and how brainwashed that they don't question these words outside of the cult's definitions.

                      Somwhere in these posts someone once posted that the word "mahanta" is something like a custodian in India, but eckankar uses the term to mean god-man.

                      It's all a bunch of sick, twisted shit. And I do mean shit. It's worthless junk that flows out of the divisive, twisted minds of harold klemp and his entourage of deadbeats making a living off of people who primarily just want to better themselves.