My current posts over at a.r.e.

  • jonathanjohns96
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 27, 2010
      All,

      Yesterday I made a bunch of posts over at the Google message board a.re. I made a harsh critique on one of Rich's posts. Possibly nasty even. Then he made a very nasty reply to me. Than I got angry and started cross-posting every one of my worthwhile posts from ET and ESA over there.

      By the way, I'm not including other's follow-up posts partly because I don't know if they want their messages cross-posted over there. But if some one over there wants to read the actual follow-up pasts they can always follow the link to ET or ESA to read them.

      I intend to keep cross-posting my messages. I feel that anyone with no knowledge of Eckankar is entitled to an alternative point of view over on a.r.e.

      Right now, on a.r.e, Etznab, JR, and Jasmyn are on my "good" list. Everybody else is either neutral or on my "bad" list. I have no interest in Jasmyn's pro-Eckankar posts, but at least if you ask her to communicate with you, she will do so like a normal human being.

      I don't know if anybody over here on ET is really interested in reading about my soap opera over at a.r.e., but this is my progress report, and right now things are not what you would call friendly over there. In general, people are mean and aggressive over there. Except Etznab, JR, and Jasmyn.

      By the way, I asked Jasmyn to give her opinion more, not just give Eckankar quotes because she was annoying me by doing that. She said that she used to giver her opinion, but people were so mean to her that she had to stop. That was when she decided to just give Eckankar quotes. Based on what I have seen, I can accept her explanation.

      So it is tough over there, but that is why I am going to just post my stuff over there, but try not to get into serious discussions with anyone.

      Jonathan
    • jonathanjohns96
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 27, 2010
        All,

        By the way, I didn't answer Rich's angry post, and I have to intentions of answering it. I answered it with sixteen cross-posts of my anti-Ecknankar messages from ET and ESA. Is that childish? Yes, but what choice did I have? I almost feel like I am back in Eckankar again. Putting up with the same anger-filled members who disagreed with me.

        I believe this cloud may have a silver lining, but for now I can't figure out what it is. For now, I will just keep plugging along.

        Jonathan

        P.S. Leaf, I just had two very fast (successful) posts. So maybe Yahoo's problems with messages not getting posted are getting better.

        --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, jonathanjohns96 <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > All,
        >
        > Yesterday I made a bunch of posts over at the Google message board a.re. I made a harsh critique on one of Rich's posts. Possibly nasty even. Then he made a very nasty reply to me. Than I got angry and started cross-posting every one of my worthwhile posts from ET and ESA over there.
        >
        > By the way, I'm not including other's follow-up posts partly because I don't know if they want their messages cross-posted over there. But if some one over there wants to read the actual follow-up pasts they can always follow the link to ET or ESA to read them.
        >
        > I intend to keep cross-posting my messages. I feel that anyone with no knowledge of Eckankar is entitled to an alternative point of view over on a.r.e.
        >
        > Right now, on a.r.e, Etznab, JR, and Jasmyn are on my "good" list. Everybody else is either neutral or on my "bad" list. I have no interest in Jasmyn's pro-Eckankar posts, but at least if you ask her to communicate with you, she will do so like a normal human being.
        >
        > I don't know if anybody over here on ET is really interested in reading about my soap opera over at a.r.e., but this is my progress report, and right now things are not what you would call friendly over there. In general, people are mean and aggressive over there. Except Etznab, JR, and Jasmyn.
        >
        > By the way, I asked Jasmyn to give her opinion more, not just give Eckankar quotes because she was annoying me by doing that. She said that she used to giver her opinion, but people were so mean to her that she had to stop. That was when she decided to just give Eckankar quotes. Based on what I have seen, I can accept her explanation.
        >
        > So it is tough over there, but that is why I am going to just post my stuff over there, but try not to get into serious discussions with anyone.
        >
        > Jonathan

      • violinmike2002
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 29, 2010
          He's been there for years. They have nothing better to do then justify their cult and the tone deteriorates on both sides. It's summertime at least in this hemisphere. You can't tell them anything. The only lesson is to leave them and better spend your time elsewhere. What a nasty bunch of people at ARE. Just my opinion, of course. Is there something you'd rather be doing then rebutting cult nuts with their heads up their ass? I 'd rather be... fill in the blank.

          Mike

          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 15, 2010
            I can't believe Rich Smith is still posting on a.r.e.! The guy lives in Hawaii, one of the most beautiful places on Earth and he's still at it with his posting addiction on a daily basis. If I were you, I'd just get out and leave the creep alone.

            Alf

            --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "violinmike2002" <violinmike2002@...> wrote:

            > He's been there for years. They have nothing better to do then justify their cult and the tone deteriorates on both sides. It's summertime at least in this hemisphere. You can't tell them anything. The only lesson is to leave them and better spend your time elsewhere. What a nasty bunch of people at ARE. Just my opinion, of course. Is there something you'd rather be doing then rebutting cult nuts with their heads up their ass? I 'd rather be... fill in the blank.
            >
            > Mike
            >
            > --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, jonathanjohns96 <no_reply@> wrote:
            > >
            > > All,
            > >
            > > Yesterday I made a bunch of posts over at the Google message board a.re. I made a harsh critique on one of Rich's posts. Possibly nasty even. Then he made a very nasty reply to me. Than I got angry and started cross-posting every one of my worthwhile posts from ET and ESA over there.
            > >
            > > By the way, I'm not including other's follow-up posts partly because I don't know if they want their messages cross-posted over there. But if some one over there wants to read the actual follow-up pasts they can always follow the link to ET or ESA to read them.
            > >
            > > I intend to keep cross-posting my messages. I feel that anyone with no knowledge of Eckankar is entitled to an alternative point of view over on a.r.e.
            > >
            > > Right now, on a.r.e, Etznab, JR, and Jasmyn are on my "good" list. Everybody else is either neutral or on my "bad" list. I have no interest in Jasmyn's pro-Eckankar posts, but at least if you ask her to communicate with you, she will do so like a normal human being.
            > >
            > > I don't know if anybody over here on ET is really interested in reading about my soap opera over at a.r.e., but this is my progress report, and right now things are not what you would call friendly over there. In general, people are mean and aggressive over there. Except Etznab, JR, and Jasmyn.
            > >
            > > By the way, I asked Jasmyn to give her opinion more, not just give Eckankar quotes because she was annoying me by doing that. She said that she used to giver her opinion, but people were so mean to her that she had to stop. That was when she decided to just give Eckankar quotes. Based on what I have seen, I can accept her explanation.
            > >
            > > So it is tough over there, but that is why I am going to just post my stuff over there, but try not to get into serious discussions with anyone.
            > >
            > > Jonathan

          • jonathanjohns96
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 28, 2010
              Al,

              Thanks for you comment. It does help me keep things in perspective.

              What I have been experiencing lately is that I am having a very significant realization as to just how fanatical most of the Eckists on the Google Group a.r.e. (alt.religion.eckankar) really are. I mean, they are so brainwashed, so out of touch with reality, so absolutely dedicated to the current leader Harold Klemp. They are really impressing me as a bunch of completely kooky cult members.

              In the past, I made a decision to not refer to Eckankar as a cult, but based on what I am experiencing in my interactions with most of the Eckists on a.r.e, I may have to re-evaluate that decision.

              Jonathan

              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 5, 2010
                It's hard to define a cult so I prefer not to comment on that aspect of Eckankar. What I find to be unique about the path is the lack of depth and meaning in the words of Harold Klemp. He has really nothing to say of substance. I've already dismissed Twitch and Darwin as snake oil salesmen of their day but now that Harold is at the helm, I find him to be extremely boring, uninspiring, disengaging, laughable, childish and tiring. He looks like an accountant and has to READ notes while he talks. I mean that's OK if you are the President and need a teleprompter but even with his little cheat sheets, Harold says nothing of spiritual value yet these few thousand people still follow him religiously to this day. It just reinforces my belief that the masses are asses and here is juzt one more example of a desperate type of people belonging to a club that supports spiritually disabled loners. At least Twitch had a colorful imagination and Darwin was charismatic but Harji......? He looks like a guy who goes to a party and stays in the room with the coats.

                /alf

                --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, jonathanjohns96 <no_reply@...> wrote:

                > Al,
                >
                > Thanks for you comment. It does help me keep things in perspective.
                >
                > What I have been experiencing lately is that I am having a very significant realization as to just how fanatical most of the Eckists on the Google Group a.r.e. (alt.religion.eckankar) really are. I mean, they are so brainwashed, so out of touch with reality, so absolutely dedicated to the current leader Harold Klemp. They are really impressing me as a bunch of completely kooky cult members.
                >
                > In the past, I made a decision to not refer to Eckankar as a cult, but based on what I am experiencing in my interactions with most of the Eckists on a.r.e, I may have to re-evaluate that decision.
                >
                > Jonathan
                >

                > --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, al_radzik <no_reply@> wrote:
                > >
                > > I can't believe Rich Smith is still posting on a.r.e.! The guy lives in Hawaii, one of the most beautiful places on Earth and he's still at it with his posting addiction on a daily basis. If I were you, I'd just get out and leave the creep alone.
                > >
                > > Alf
                > >
                > > --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "violinmike2002" <violinmike2002@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > He's been there for years. They have nothing better to do then justify their cult and the tone deteriorates on both sides. It's summertime at least in this hemisphere. You can't tell them anything. The only lesson is to leave them and better spend your time elsewhere. What a nasty bunch of people at ARE. Just my opinion, of course. Is there something you'd rather be doing then rebutting cult nuts with their heads up their ass? I 'd rather be... fill in the blank.
                > > >
                > > > Mike

              • jonathanjohns96
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 5, 2010
                  Al,

                  I've mentioned many times about how I feel that HK has dummied down Eckankar over the years. It almost seems as if his main goal is "Don't offend anyone." But as you say, lots of people seem to love it.

                  I don't mind his boring demeanor all that much. What bothered me is, as you say, he really isn't saying anything of very much substance.

                  Right before I left Eckankar in December, 2008, the director of the Eck center confirmed to me what I had suspected for the previous 10 to 15 years. That the worship services were for "new people" not the current members of Eckankar. I can remember way back in 1995-2000 when I was attending the worship services at Annandale, Virginia, I was getting really angry because it seemed like the whole thing was aimed at the beginners in Ecknakar. So ten years later I finally got the nerve to ask the director of the Eck center in another state "Is the worship service for the members or for new people?" She point blank replied "For new people." What she meant was "potential new members."

                  So Eckankar shifted under Klemp. It changed from being for the benefit of the current members to being solely an advertising firm designed principally to bring in new members. I spent at least 10-15 years wondering why I felt like I was being neglected by Eckankar, only to find out that the worship services had been existing mainly for new people for 15 years!