Re: Eckankarsuvivors

  • mishmisha9
    Message 1 of 38 , Jul 14, 2010
      Colleen,

      I think it would be fair of you to admit that you were asked to introduce yourself and post a bit about your background before using EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous as an advertising tool for your business. You failed to reply so your post did not go up. The rules ask for new members/first time posters to introduce themselves. Not everyone knows who you are. If you had added a personal note as was suggested to you, your post would have been approved and posted, and in addition I am sure the readers would have viewed you as credible.

      It is interesting the whacks that ESA takes from others, is judged and criticized, while the full truth is not elicited in regards to why your posts were not approved. Why would you not want to introduce yourself to the group there? I don't really understand it. It is really a shame that you are making opinion comments here while not responding to ESA directly. I don't think this is nice of you really and seems an intentional assault on another group of ex-eckists who you claim you want to help?

      I posted a message in part a few weeks ago on ESA which if you had read you should have seen what the problem had been with you posting there:

      . . . if someone wants to post about workshops and therapy
      groups, it is best to introduce oneself and participate here first . . . even if
      it might seem that person is well known on other ex-eckankar groups. Lurking
      doesn't count! . . .

      Sharing information and suggesting links, books and other help materials are
      good ideas. But just using this board for advertising only, really isn't the
      right way to go about it."

      All you had to do was say, Hi, I am Colleen . . .I have a lot of experience . . .

      How difficult is that for you to do? And yes, your complaints on here have seemed to be a whine when you simply just needed to communicate better on the ESA board. I'm disappointed and amazed that you have done this. And I expect that you will not at all respond to my post here . . . as it seems you like to dish out the silent treatment when challenged or questioned. Is this normal therapist behavior or the behavior of one who can't handle some long lingering issues as well? I am just trying to level the playing field. I just popped in as I don't really follow these ex-eckankar sites so much any more . . kind of busy and happy in the real world.

      Mish

      --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "Colleen Russell, LMFT" <colleenmft@...> wrote:

> [...]
      >
      > Best,
      > Colleen
      > --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "Zoey" <zzoey75@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Yes, I've had some problems there, Colleen. A couple of years back I discovered that prometheus seems to have a well-defined format, and will not tolerate much deviation from that. I found this too boring and restrictive, and so I opted out.
      > >
      > > Then recently, a couple of months ago I think, I tried once again to partipate on eckankarsurvivors. This time I was out-and-out attacked as pro-eckankar. And I am NOT pro-eckankar. My opinion simply did not reflect the rabid antagonism of some of the locals. Again, I left. (BTW, the attacks did not come from prometheus).
      > >
      > > I am a former eckist, and understand the anger, hurt, etc ex-eckists experience. However, I cannot understand the rage which prohibit an open dialogue. Well, maybe I can understand it, but I will not tolerate it.
      > >
      > > On another note, Colleen - I have enjoyed your posts more than I can tell you. Over the years you have been a great source of comfort and insight. As I have said before, you introduced me to Alice Miller. I can never thank you enough for that .
      > >
      > > zoey...
      > >

      > > --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "Colleen Russell, LMFT" <crussellmft@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I'm concerned about the censorship on Eckankarsurvivors. Has anyone else had trouble posting there without the "permission" of the moderator? I thought whoever it is would understand that I am an "Eckankarsurvivor" and supportive of others. I moderated an Ex-Eckankar Support group on Yahoo for years. Would appreciate anyone's comments/experiences.

    • tomleafeater
      Message 38 of 38 , Jul 21, 2010
        Hi Paul,

        Hey, don't forget, it was Rodney King who famously asked, after having been beaten to a pulp in streets of the L.A. area, "Can't we all just get along?"

        Mars Attacks was parodying King's famous remark. That comedy is a classic! "We are your friends!" was hilariously repeated over and over in robotic tones by the invaders, despite the fact that they were blasting everything to smithereens and weren't at all friendly. "Can't we all get along?" indeed. The only thing the movie lacked was Craig Seebree (inside joke, Paul will understand) in a goofy leading role.

        I hope you and Kathy (and chickens!) are doing well. We're still settling in here in our new place.

        Peace.