Re: [eckankartruth] Re: Typical Cult Harrassment

  • Randy Cable
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2001
      I bet the Looney Toone's eckeees did not assume that
      this could happen. I wonder how the organization will
      respond after recieving a letter from Mr. Grosso ? I
      will keep a copy of this to my "new Stash" folder.
      Troll
      --- colleenmft@... wrote:

> [...]
      > Grosso from the
      > > > information
      > > > compiled on me at the Oasis site which falsely
      > implies that I
      > have an
      > > > ethical and/or legal problem with cult awareness
      > and recovery
      > work.
      > > >

      > > Sounds like an eckist or the Org got in touch with
      > Grosso. Why
      > > would he get in touch with you?
      > >
      > > Who knows...perhaps Grosso is an eckist, or makes
      > money as a cult
      > > apologist. I looked over his site briefly, I see
      > he's an "expert
      > > witness" and "consultant".
      > >

      > > > Again, this isn't the case.
      > >
      > > Well...it *is* the Way of THE ECK!!! <ggg>
      > >

      > > > A positive benefit to the site, in my opinion,
      > is that it
      > > > demonstrates to
      > > > any interested party common cult tactics in
      > which eckankar members
      > > > participate.
      > >

      > > Yep, and it also scares the hell out of many
      > former members and
      > > serves to silence them. And...it serves as a
      > "warning" to those who
      > > may think about leaving. Just like all the other
      > threats in the
      > SKS.
      > >

      > > > The antagonism eckists have with those of us who
      > have once been
      > > > extremely
      > > > dedicated and active in eckankar but who now
      > have left, is that
      > we
      > > > break the
      > > > rules of this authoritarian cult. We talk about
      > our experiences
      > with
      > > > the
      > > > dark side of eckankar as free thinkers and
      > observers. Our
      > honesty
      > > > is a
      > > > threat to breaking the silence and denial of
      > deception of which
      > so
      > > > many have
      > > > been a part.
      > > >

      > > Oh...there's some interesting stuff at

      > > and in that thread.
      > >
      > > I'm very sorry to say I generally only skim thru
      > "fom" -- but a line
      > > in today's "digest" seemed relevant.
      > >

      > > > Never in a million years would I have expected
      > eckankar members
      > > > act in
      > > > such pathetic, predictable ways to protect their
      > egos and their
      > > > leader, as
      > > > was always the intent of the master.
      > >

      > > You & me both!!!
      > >
      > > Wow, did I ever get hit in the face with a lot of
      > stuff when I
      > > so innocently went to a.r.e. back in 1998! The
      > behavior of HIs &
      > > clergy, Oasis, the behind-the-scenes
      > EckGestapo....unreal!!!
      > >
      > > You know, when you started posting there, well...I
      > could see you
      > > were doing it out of genuine concern, and you

      === message truncated ===
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 2001
        --- In eckankartruth@y..., colleenmft@y... wrote:

        > Thank you, Sharon, for all your support and quick response. I really
        > appreciate the kind words you and others have posted. I smile
        > thinking about it!
        >
        > I received the following e-mail from Federico Grosso, although he
        > didn't sign his name, only the salutation.

        <snipped copy of his post> Gee...this was nice!! Keep us up to date
        on this!!

        And you know, it's a great way to familiarize more people with the fact
        that eckankar is a dangerous & slimy cult!

        > Well, I sent him the e-mail to the Oasis "committee" and I will be
        > curious about the follow-up.

        Colleen, I'm sure you're aware that PickIt is an unctuous, slimy
        scumbag, so it's hard to tell what you'll get from him (Oasis Committee) in return. Remember, he's a phony. I don't doubt that
        he'll try to ingratiate himself with you. He tried it with me after
        I left. It didn't work.

        > Hope you're having a good week, Sharon. (Did you get your vacuuming
        > done? I've been organizing and cleaning, washing clothes, as usual.
        Oh, golly...I remember a few nights ago I *was* planning to vacuum, but, well...sort of got distracted! <ggg>

        Maybe I'll wait until I give Noo a haircut. He needs it bad. He's so darn hypersensitive, though. Wish I could find a groomer who would drug him, seriously!! The last time he had his haircut, it took me, my son, *and* my daughter-in-law three hours!!!

        The problem is...well, okay...when he was a puppy I accidentally sort of sliced off a teeny-tiny bit of his ear. I mean...it wasn't *that" big of a deal, I do more damage shaving my legs. But he was sort of traumatized. And you can just forget trying to get near him with clippers!! Groomers are always very diplomatic about it when I pick him up afterwards, but I'd rather not subject him to that trauma. I wish he was more like a cat. Cats are independent. I've never had a cat follow me around constantly.

        I've been working on "organizing" & stuff for quite awhile. I'm getting there!! <ggg>

        > The place is delightful now.

        Well...you know, I will *not* win any Martha Stewart awards! <ggg>

        My home is "comfy". You know...lived in! <ggg>

        But...there's always a lot of love here. I guess my approach to
        housework is sort of like the way I did e-kult. I ignore a lot of things, and focus on the "nice" stuff!! <ggg>

        Anyway...I *was* happy when a friend stopped by last night with a 21" channel catfish. My dishes were done, so he threw it in the sink...I was about to go to bed early with a book, to be honest, and wasn't in the mood, but what can you do? Have to laugh, though...men are *so* cute at times!! Maybe it's that hunter-gatherer thing. They bring home the kill, and announce "Me hungry." Usually I cook, but I was tired so just popped a frozen pizza in the microwave.

        Well...I'm rethinking my personal goal of catching a *big* channel cat this year!! I've been aiming for a minimum of 24" -- but they're damn tough, and I had a heck of a time cutting off the head with my good knife. It's one of those delightful "old-fashioned" knives that get rusty, and have to be sharpened. Which reminds me...I have *no* idea what I did with my big cleaver!!! Found it at a yard sale for $1 or $2 a year or so ago!

        I think if I catch a really big channel cat, I'm going to let it go!

        Well...bye for now!!

        PS...you know, Colleen, since you were there "in the beginning" and knew Twitch personally, well...it would be *really* interesting (not to mention helpful) to hear what it was like back then, insights you've gotten on the whole thing since then...