Soul travel

  • derriereupgrade
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 30, 2009
      The most profound experience according to Eckankar is purportedly is soul travel.

      My question is has any member ever experienced it, please.

      Namaste

      Martin
    • prometheus_973
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 30, 2009
        Hello derriere and All.
        Of course! However, I experienced
        inner travels (waking and dream)
        way before I joined Eckankar and
        learned of the copyrighted term
        "soul travel." Thus, one doesn't
        need to be a "member" of anything
        to have these same experiences
        or beyond what is advertised!

        Of course ECKankar claimed that any
        inner "travel" experience was actually
        Astral projection since one needed
        the LEM/Mahanta to "Soul Travel"
        safely in the lower planes and/or to
        get beyond the "void" between the
        lower planes and higher "Soul" plane
        and beyond. This is what that yearly
        EK membership fee/donation covers.
        And, people tend to want the highest
        or best (as advertised) and that's what
        Eckankar claims to promise and sells.

        The Catch-22 is that, with any religion,
        one's imagination (mind) fills in the
        blanks of what is wanted and needed
        in any person's life. Thus, in turn, belief
        can create a desirable and safe, although,
        delusional/distorted reality.

        BTW, in the beginning, Twitchell had
        coined this same "soul travel" experience
        as "bi-location." Thus, a rose is still a
        rose by any other (copyrighted) name.

        One cannot find TRUTH via a Mahanta/
        Pope or a religion, in fact, these are
        hinderances. Some think that ALL religious
        dogmas are mental traps and "spiritual tests"
        designed by the KAL (God's agent) to sort
        out the wheat from the chaff! Those who
        believe are lost! A paradox!

        Prometheus

        "derriereupgrade" wrote:

        The most profound experience according
        to Eckankar is purportedly is soul travel.

        My question is has any member ever
        experienced it, please.

        Namaste

        Martin
      • Marianne Salcedo
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 30, 2009
          Excellent question!  No.

          And this is the whole point of why I left.  I certainly had vivid dreams, but that was nothing new to my experience.  I still do.  I remember very pointedly asking other Eckists if they experienced soul travel.  After a while, I wanted details from them because nothing beyond dreaming was happening for me.  Oh, yes, they'd say.  Why did they think they were progressing on a path to god?  Never any good answers.  Never.  I kept reading the books and the badly written discourses, and the secret, badly written discourses.  Nada.  Just vivid dreams.  They I discovered that the "secret" mantras I had been given in initiation were exactly the same as what others in my satsang had received.  Nice.  I didn't like the idea of self-hypnotism--couldn't sustain it.  I've never like lying and that was what I was doing to myself.  Finally, I looked at the whole religion one day and it was all just a bunch of nonsense.  I stopped going to meetings.  I remember I still had discourses coming in the mail that I just was too lazy to read.  I couldn't muster the energy to plow through all the BS anymore and just threw them in the trash.  It was all hooey.

          Just my two cents.  But a great question.

          Marianne

          The most profound experience according to Eckankar is purportedly is soul travel.

          My question is has any member ever experienced it, please.

          Namaste

          Martin

          start: 0000-00-00 end: 0000-00-00
        • derriereupgrade
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 31, 2009
            This makes want to cry!

            How could anyone decieve people in the name of heaven by patenting a term that was freely available thousands a years before ECKANKAR
            ever existed!

            I feel all your pain and sorrow.

            Namaste

            Martin

            --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "prometheus_973" <prometheus_973@...> wrote:

            > Hello derriere and All.
            > Of course! However, I experienced
            > inner travels (waking and dream)
            > way before I joined Eckankar and
            > learned of the copyrighted term
            > "soul travel." Thus, one doesn't
            > need to be a "member" of anything
            > to have these same experiences
            > or beyond what is advertised!
            >
            > Of course ECKankar claimed that any
            > inner "travel" experience was actually
            > Astral projection since one needed
            > the LEM/Mahanta to "Soul Travel"
            > safely in the lower planes and/or to
            > get beyond the "void" between the
            > lower planes and higher "Soul" plane
            > and beyond. This is what that yearly
            > EK membership fee/donation covers.
            > And, people tend to want the highest
            > or best (as advertised) and that's what
            > Eckankar claims to promise and sells.
            >
            > The Catch-22 is that, with any religion,
            > one's imagination (mind) fills in the
            > blanks of what is wanted and needed
            > in any person's life. Thus, in turn, belief
            > can create a desirable and safe, although,
            > delusional/distorted reality.
            >
            > BTW, in the beginning, Twitchell had
            > coined this same "soul travel" experience
            > as "bi-location." Thus, a rose is still a
            > rose by any other (copyrighted) name.
            >
            > One cannot find TRUTH via a Mahanta/
            > Pope or a religion, in fact, these are
            > hinderances. Some think that ALL religious
            > dogmas are mental traps and "spiritual tests"
            > designed by the KAL (God's agent) to sort
            > out the wheat from the chaff! Those who
            > believe are lost! A paradox!
            >
            > Prometheus
            >

            > "derriereupgrade" wrote:
            >
            > The most profound experience according
            > to Eckankar is purportedly is soul travel.
            >
            > My question is has any member ever
            > experienced it, please.
            >

            > Namaste
            >

            > Martin

          • prometheus_973
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 31, 2009
              Hello Martin,
              Perhaps you, too, are feeling
              pain and sorrow for having been
              deceived yourself!

              http://www.globalserve.net/~sarlo/Yconway2.htm

              Prometheus

              This makes [me] want to cry!

              prometheus wrote:

              > > Hello derriere and All.
              > > Of course! However, I experienced
              > > inner travels (waking and dream)
              > > way before I joined Eckankar and
              > > learned of the copyrighted term
              > > "soul travel." Thus, one doesn't
              > > need to be a "member" of anything
              > > to have these same experiences
              > > or beyond what is advertised!
              > >
              > > Of course ECKankar claimed that any
              > > inner "travel" experience was actually
              > > Astral projection since one needed
              > > the LEM/Mahanta to "Soul Travel"
              > > safely in the lower planes and/or to
              > > get beyond the "void" between the
              > > lower planes and higher "Soul" plane
              > > and beyond. This is what that yearly
              > > EK membership fee/donation covers.
              > > And, people tend to want the highest
              > > or best (as advertised) and that's what
              > > Eckankar claims to promise and sells.
              > >
              > > The Catch-22 is that, with any religion,
              > > one's imagination (mind) fills in the
              > > blanks of what is wanted and needed
              > > in any person's life. Thus, in turn, belief
              > > can create a desirable and safe, although,
              > > delusional/distorted reality.
              > >
              > > BTW, in the beginning, Twitchell had
              > > coined this same "soul travel" experience
              > > as "bi-location." Thus, a rose is still a
              > > rose by any other (copyrighted) name.
              > >
              > > One cannot find TRUTH via a Mahanta/
              > > Pope or a religion, in fact, these are
              > > hinderances. Some think that ALL religious
              > > dogmas are mental traps and "spiritual tests"
              > > designed by the KAL (God's agent) to sort
              > > out the wheat from the chaff! Those who
              > > believe are lost! A paradox!
              > >
              > > Prometheus
              > >

              > > "derriereupgrade" wrote:
              > >
              > > The most profound experience according
              > > to Eckankar is purportedly is soul travel.
              > >
              > > My question is has any member ever
              > > experienced it, please.
              > >

              > > Namaste
              > >

              > > Martin
            • harrisonferrel
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 1, 2009
                It is all a mind game. Pure and simple. Nobody, nowhere, no how can prove otherwise. The burden of proof remains on anyone making a claim, not on those too skeptical to be taken in by ridiculous accounts. If you understand the potential and workings of the mind, then any delusion can be created that is then claimed to be a reality. Eckankar uses the concept of soul travel to play with your mind. The more fantastic the "experience," the more in awe are the sheepish followers.