Re: Center for Twitchellian Plagiarism

  • harrisonferrel
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 3 9:59 AM
      It is amazing that Dr Lane is still working on this after all these years. Must be his drive for justice. I admire his commitment, and if not for him and Sharon, I wouldn't have had so many facts and reasons at my fingertips to make sense out of the eck cult many years ago. David Lane showed me that when you're informed and educated enough, you can recognize a fraud. Since reading his book I've found a couple of my own sources of plagiarisms that twitchell committed, including his stealing of the explanation of "hu" from the Sufi writer Khan. In Khan's footnote is an explanation of hu written in the 1920s (I think) that twitchell stole word for word and put into one of his books. The Khan book is still being sold in stores, as I saw it only a few months ago in the Eastern religion section of Borders.

      --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "Sharon" <brighttigress@...> wrote:

      > Yes, the page is down, David Lane's working on new plagiarism material, but in the meantime he's going to get the old webpage material in "readable" format and send it to me, as soon as I get it I'll put it somewhere accessible.
      >
      > I'm glad he's working on new ekult material, but gawd, if I were him I'd rather be surfing!! We all owe him our appreciation for all the work he's done and continues to do.
      >
      > Hugs,
      >
      > Sharon

    • Leanne Thompson
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 4 2:33 PM
        can we chat with david in a chat room or he put up a video for us to see himon youtube?

        H klemp is on redtube.

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 5 6:43 PM
          Hi Leanne -

          I sort of doubt if he's got the time or inclination to hang out in chat rooms. Seems to me I saw a YouTube video(s) of him lecturing and/or being interviewed on TV a few years back, but I looked today and could only find one - a small segment in a bigger news segment on Arianna Huffington & her involvement in MSIA.

          Yes, YouTube is infested with a lot of ekult videos, and cult members visit them frequently and give them good ratings so they'll show up in searches ahead of the "truthful" video, which is a heck of a lot lower than it used to be! It's located at:

          http://youtube.com/watch?v=QJqkK_JDnzc

          Feel free to visit & comment there, and to copy and share the video freely! I'm sure I missed video websites when I first got the video, so help distributing it all over will be appreciated. If you're at a video site where you can upload it and it's not already there, add it! Especially if it's infested with pro-ekult recruiting videos.

          Anyway, when & if I run across those Lane videos, I'll share the links, and it would probably be a good idea to make a "Video" folder in the "links" here. If anyone else know where they are, please share! I'll ask David Lane next time we correspond, right now I'm just hoping he puts together the "Center" text quickly & sends it to me so I can get it back up somewhere.

          I'd suggest you check out his websites - I believe he's got a current blog but it's not about ekult. Anyway, there's a lot of excellent info posted at his site(s) with a lot of the old discussions from a.r.e. which are still relevant. It's http://www.neuralsurfer.com

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 17, 2009
            Hi All -

            Just got back from a wonderful week without the internet, now I'm catching up on the email, someone sent me http://elearn.mtsac.edu/philosophy/center.htm which I believe is the old link, evidently David Lane put it back up!!

            Also, before I left, someone told me that Geocities is shutting down on 10/26, so I have to move "The Unauthorized Eckankar(tm) Page" site, but in the meantime I checked & it's archived at http://web.archive.org/web/*/geocities.com/eckcult.   Unfortunately, none of David Lane's sites seem to be there, he does something so they can't be collected by bots or something.  So anyone who's got the geocities link, please change it!

            I was very surprised that Geocities didn't notify everyone, so if anyone has a Geocities site or knows someone who does, you might want to let them know.

            And....Violin Mike, thank you so very much for posting the link to the $cientology info, that's what I was looking for but as usual got distracted before I relocated it!

            You know, everyone, life without ekult is just *so* great, and it all looks so ridiculous now when I look at it.  Unbelievable that we got ourselves so messed up & brainwashed without even realizing what was happening, isn't it?   I just really want to get back to work & finish what I started some years back since my stuff is finally out of storage, and just get it done & over with so that I can never think about it again!!

            Life is great, and it's so much fun without all that ekult nonsense constantly running in the head like a computer virus.  I thought I was experiencing "heaven" in the cult, but I was wrong!!  "Heaven" is my grandkids, gardening, trees, and just plain life itself.  It just "is".

            Gotta go, I still have a few days of email to sort thru, not to mention finish recovering from a week with my precious & very active grandsons!!

            Thanks to everyone who's posting such interesting stuff!!

          • etznab@aol.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 18, 2009
              Sharon,

              Thanks loads for that plagiarism link! I'll be sure to
              copy it this time (and remember where I put it) just
              in case the page disappears again.

              You wrote:

              "I just really want to get back to work & finish what
              I started some years back since my stuff is finally
              out of storage, and just get it done & over with so
              that I can never think about it again!!"

              If you ever find (or upload) the book Introduction to
              Eckankar be sure to let me know. It's the one book
              I don't have and I would really like to look at it.

              If anybody else knows of an online copy, please let
              me know. It's one of the early books that I'm miss-
              ing.

              Etznab

              http://web.archive.org/web/*/geocities.com/eckcult.%c2%a0%c2%a0 Unfortunately,

              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 20, 2009
                Hi Etznab -

                I'm 99% sure I've got "Intro to Ekar", and I just quickly looked thru two eckboxes that happened to be at the top of a pile, but it's not there, there are several more boxes. Can't believe, there are 2 used copies at Amazon for $139+!!!! There's a 1989 edition for $15 at abebooks.com, but just have patience, I'm 99% sure I've got it.

                BTW, you've done an amazing amount of really good research & many excellent & informative posts over at a.r.e., and I really hope that one day you'll compile & organize everything and put it on a website, or even a big text file & stick it in the "files" section here at ET.

                I think that even hardcore eckists might be willing to at least look at your stuff, because you've done it as a believing eckist, and have always been totally inoffensive. Except I believe I've seen recently that you've pissed off Rich Smith over at a.r.e.! Hey, IMO that's something *good*!! <gg>

                Okay, gotta run!! After an early snow, we're having some very nice weather, I've got a lot of bulbs to get planted!