A Wolf in Cheap Clothing

  • harrisonferrel
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2009
      I chuckled at one of the posts talking about how boring harold is and he hypnotizes his audience by lulling them to sleep, or something like that. I never could stand the guy really. He always bothered me because he sounds like a nerdy loser -- a cross between Underdog and Wally Cox (the guy who did Underdog's voice). He's less interesting than a blade of grass, true, but he does a wonderful job conning his flock. They perceive his milktoast persona as humble. Why? Because they can't see the difference between a con artist and somebody who really has something to say. And his books are just as bad, recycled crap. Even his stories are not original. You find that he took them from other sources and fashioned them for his own style.

      Still, Twitchell was as bad but in a different way. Twitchell was a backwoods yokel who claimed he was a writer and journalist but had the communications skill of a possum. Listening to him speak I wonder how I ever got into that cult. It's so fricken obvious that he was a con man. Now. I can see why Twitch plagiarized all his works. He didn't have the talent to even make this stuff up. How pathetic.

      Wow, glad I could get that off my chest.