Local eckist

  • violinmike2002
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28, 2009
      A first generation eckist died recently at 94.
      She described being on the path of eck as being " like
      being wrapped in cotton wool. "
      So finally wrapped in a
      cocoon of imaginings she died in a nursing home.

      Elmo Dewitt died Feb 14 2009.

      Comment in newsletter eckankar insists on sending me years
      later. ( I golden tongued that they WANT me to share it with
      you : ))
      on membership from newsletter
      :" There seems to be a lot of interest but very
      little new member action. As much as this confuses me ( eckists
      are easily confused sic.) it no longer worries me... We are
      not in a numbers game as Sri Harold puts it. When people are
      ready they will come... They are perhaps not ready for the jump
      to commitment. But that is ok. Questions have been asked and
      answered, information listened to or read and somewhat digested,
      and the now the mix is fermenting. The first stage is done and
      we can sit back unresisting to any outcome and allow the eck to
      take over. Isn't the Eck wonderful ?

      Yes pickled eck.

      My sociological theory is there was a big bang so to speak
      of cults like eck in the sixties, an echo of them growing in
      the seventies, the stronger ones corporatized and mainstreamed
      in the nineties but the growth is in vigorously evangelical
      organizations that wire their members to constantly recruit.