Help Help

  • whitemoby22
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 4, 2009
      I am currently researching "The Flute of God". I am looking for specific examples of plagarism in this book. I have been able to find books which likely served as source for Twitchell, but I am having trouble locating specific examples of plagarism.

      There is a site online which cites specific plagarism, but these passages refer mostly to "The Far Country."

      I know many of you are quite well read. Perhaps someone can point me in the right direction.

      Thanks...
    • tygerpurr
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 5, 2009
        David C. Lane PHD has some examples here. http://members.tripod.com/~dlane5/flute.html

        Check the archives at this and other web groups that expose eckankar for the FRAUD that it is.

        Tygerpurr ; )

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 11, 2009
          Looks like there are some results at:
          http://groups.google.com/group/alt.religion.eckankar/search?group=alt.religion.eckankar&q=flute&qt_g=Search+this+group

          I didn't look at any of the individual posts, I don't know what my problem is but I often don't "get" the results when I click on a post-link. I started out searching for "plagiarism" and "Flute of God" but got no results, ditto for just "Flute of God", but got results for just plain "flute"!

          If anyone knows another good location to search old usenet archives, please let me know!! The original Dejanews back in the 90's was wonderful, but it seems like the longer Google has it, the more useless it gets. And I miss my old (pre-Pentium) 486 and Windows 3.1 too!!!!!

          Good luck, Moby - and if you find anything good, please feel free to post it here, or you can add links & files, and it'll make it easier for people in the future, including me. <gg> I've forgotten a lot over the years but plan on getting back to it a bit more in the near future & do some website updating.

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 11, 2009
            Just killing some time here, so I searched ET's messages for "flute", here's a copy of an Amazon review mentioned in an older message here. Hope I'm not duplicating your efforts, but if so, others might find this interesting:

            2 of 5 people found the following review helpful:
            1.0 out of 5 stars Borrowed thinking, March 11, 2006
            By Ennis Cornelia (Denver, CO) - See all my reviews
            Plagiarism is rampant in most, if not all, of Twitchell's writing, this volume is no exception. Compare the contents of this book with Thomas Troward's THE DORE LECTURES ON MENTAL SCIENCE. Troward's book can be found here on Amazon or downloaded for free from: http://websyte.com/unity/dore.htm. You would be better off getting the information form the original source, the presentation is more comprehensive, and is not marred by any lack of integrity.

            Message 1526 here: "Try 'the flute of god'. One of my favourite paragraphs in the book I later
            found in William James' 'The Varieties of Religious Experience' . All
            Twitch had done was replace the term 'higher powers' with 'God'."

            I'm sure you've already seen info about how the Twitchster redacted names originally published in Orion for re-publishing in "Flute of God".

            Have you checked out Ford Johnson's websites? Nothing really new in his book other than his personal ecksperience, but he has (or had) a lot of scanned documents at one of his websites. Also, he used a lot of citations that might make it easier for you to track down the info. There might be a copy of his book in the files here, I don't remember, but I'm 99% sure there's one in the files (or links) at ESA.

            Oh - I believe Doug Marman may have previously undocumented plagiarism in his ebook "The Whole Truth", but he's so slimy and disgusting, which I first learned as an eckist in the EckGestapo (group of online eckists), just the thought of his name makes me want to vomit, I have no desire to expose myself to his slick manipulations & rationalizations, especially if I've got to pay for them. Years ago, Klemp had a special committee to find & document the plagiarism, so ekult's vaults (like the Vatican's! <gg>) would probably be the best place to find the most "truth", Marman had access to them, hard to tell what's in his book though. My personal belief is that ekult didn't publish the book because there are still many eckists who are *not* aware of the plagiarism and other issues, and MN would prefer to keep as many people in the dark for as long as possible.

            Okay, that's enough "goofing off" here, back to the laundry!!