Re: Jersey Tomatoes Are Back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 18 7:20 AM
      Sharon,

      I paid dearly last year for a bag of "heirloom" tomatoes.
      Apparently they are making a comeback in the Ramapo area and
      spreading downward. The trick is in the seed.
      They were delicious! I always wondered what happened to that unique
      taste form years ago!!

      Alf

      --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "Sharon" <brighttigress@...>
      wrote:

      > And I've ordered my seeds!!!!
      >
      > Go to: http://njfarmfresh.rutgers.edu/JerseyTomato.html
      >
      > Now, I've bought & grown many different tomatoes over the years,
      some
      > were delightfully yummy but *nothing* compares with "real" Jersey
      > tomatoes, I can close my eyes and still remember that taste, and my
      > mouth waters!
      >
      > Can't remember the last time I had a *really* good tomato, and the
      past
      > few years even the ones from farmstands haven't been that great.
      So