Re: "Past-life readings" and "Past-life regressions"

  • jonathanjohns96
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 1, 2009
      Al_radzik,

      That's an interesting story about your friend. I have no trouble
      believing it. It reminds me of a book I read.

      There are very few books that I actually recommend, but I'm going to
      recommed a book. It is a true story about a homocide detective who,
      on a lark, accepts somebody's challenge to get a past life
      regression. He researches his main past life in the regression, and
      eventually discovers that he was a real person, a rather obscure
      1800s artists in the history of the USA. This book will send chills
      up your spine. I'm fairly certain that I read the book straight
      through; it was that captivating. I loaned it to two people who were
      not New Age people, but simply open-minded, and they loved it too.
      Below is the link on Amazon.com.

      Looking for Carroll Beckwith: The True Story of a Detective's Search
      for His Past Life
      http://www.amazon.com/Looking-Carroll-Beckwith-Detectives-
      Search/dp/1579541011/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1233515973&sr=1-1

      The editor's review is fairly dull, but read the first few reviews by
      readers.

      If you ever wanted a book to loan to someone to convince someone of
      the valididty of past lives, this is it. It's not a very long book
      either.

      By the way, a lot of memories of past lives center around death at
      least to some degree. That's because there tends to be a lot of
      unresolved emotional trauma there.

      Jonathan Johns

      --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, al_radzik <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > A friend of mine(I will call her Monica) had a past life reading.
      It
      > is on tape and I was fascinated with what occurred. The reader
      > brought her back throughout her teens into her childhood and then
      > beyond. At that moment, Monica assumed the fetal position and then
      > emerged as a woman named Ann Fleming with a British accent and
      lived
      > in Manchester England. She recalled her death froma fall from a
      horse
      > and various members of her family, poor farmers in the countryside.
      > After "coming back", she didn't remember anything she said.
      > We researched some death records in Manchester and found there was
      > indeed such a person and the cause of death was injuries sustained
      > from falling off a horse! Not only that, the family she remembered
      > also existed in the late 19th century!.
      >

      > --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, jonathanjohns96 <no_reply@>
      > wrote:
      > >

      > > "Past-life readings" and "Past-life regressions"
      > >
      > > Past-life Reading
      > > A past-life reading is where someone tells you about your past
      > lives. I
      > > have never done it, but theoretically there are many ways to do
      it.
      > Some
      > > people claim that they read the "soul records" or "akashic
      records"
      > > which I suppose are like some big book on the inner planes. I'm
      > certain
      > > that other people simply hear someone talking to them. Or they get
      > > impressions which they then form into a verbal or written report.
      > Also,
      > > some people do "automatic writing" where their hand seems to be
      in a
      > > sense controlled by an invisible force that does the writing for
      > them. I
      > > refer to all of these as "Past-life Readings."
      > >
      > > I once went to someone for a reading: a non-Eckist who is a New
      Age
      > > past-life regressionist and healer. I got a past life reading
      with
      > her
      > > several years ago (2006?). In hindsight, this reading wasn't very
      > > valuable. I have had very little confirmation of the three past
      > lives
      > > she told me about. If they really were my past lives, they
      certainly
      > > aren't any that I am "supposed" to be working on. One of the past
      > lives
      > > she told me about was similar to one or two that I already knew
      > about,
      > > so I could consider that a match. This is the closest I have come
      > > actually having someone read my "soul records." But I don't know
      > what
      > > method she used other than she somehow used Phoenix cards,
      although
      > > don't even know what those are. She did a past-life reading, but
      > perhaps
      > > she merely heard someone speaking to her.
      > >
      > > I once had a short consultation with an energy healer about a
      past
      > life
      > > where I was a 15-16 year old girl in a concentration camp in Nazi
      > > Germany. Without my telling her, this energy healer told me a few
      > things
      > > that were the same as what I already knew. She also told me my
      name
      > > which was some weird-sounding name. At the time I thought she was
      > crazy,
      > > but within a short period of time I discovered on the Internet
      that
      > > traditional Jews actually have two names: a secular name and a
      > religious
      > > name. Their secular name is the one they use in society. But at
      some
      > > point, they are given a religious name which is usually in
      Hebrew.
> [...]
      the
      > > inner and look at records.
      > >

      > > Past-life Regression, etc.
      > > I have extensive knowledge about a lot of my past lives. This was
      > > accomplished initially by past life regressions, then I had vivid
      > inner
      > > experiences with Eck masters as well as beings who where not
      > spiritual
      > > masters. They spent a lot of time taking me back to past lives.
      > Back in
      > > the "early days" (1999) of these experiences I would often
      > spontaneously
      > > go to a past life even when there was no one on the inner.
      > >
      > > In the "early days" (1999) the person whom I went to for my first
      > past
      > > life regression was also someone that I had experiences with on
      the
      > > inner. She was there essentially guiding me to a past life
      although
      > it
      > > was somewhat different than the procedure used by her on the
      > physical
      > > plane. On the physical plane I told her about this and she
      > said "Well,
      > > if you are getting help from me on the inner for free, there is
      no
      > sense
      > > paying me on the physical plane to help you." She also told me
      that
      > some
      > > of her other clients have told her the same thing that I told her.
      > > Nowadays, there is still one spirit on the inner that helps me
      with
      > this
      > > stuff, although directly going to a past life is rare now. It's
      more
      > > like I see glimpses of things, I have strong emotions about
      > something,
      > > and eventually I manage to piece it all together somehow. Lots of
      > times
      > > I have a traumatic experience on the physical plane, then
      > immediately or
      > > even days later, I think back to a past life that I am familiar
      > with.
      > > Many times I then go to a healer who uses NET (Neuro Emotional
      > > Technique) to clear things out. I have done way too much of this
      > kind of
      > > thing of clearing out past life trauma and often wonder if it is
      > really
      > > worth it because after awhile it becomes very overwhelming. But I
      > think
      > > it is infinitely more effective than going to someone for a
      reading.
      > > Readings just give you facts. When you actually go to a past life
      > you
      > > re-experience it firsthand.
      > >
      > > Just a warning, my past-life regressions opened the door on the
      > inner
      > > worlds. Plus, I was going to a massage therapist who was an
      Eckist
      > who,
      > > after the fact, admitted that spiritual masters had come to her
      and
      > told
      > > her "Open him up" meaning open the doorway to the inner worlds.
      She
> [...]
      > didn't
      > > tell her the name at that time though. At the end of the
      regression
      > we
      > > had a conversation about what name I came up with. Here is the
      > entry in
      > > my journal:
      > >
      > > **********
      > > Journal
      > > Wednesday, June 14, 2006
      > >
      > > a little after 7:39 PM
      > > We talked a little bit after the regression. She asked me what
      name
      > > got for myself in this regression for my CC Lifetime. I told
      > her "Eva."
      > > I asked her if she got a name and she said "Yes." She said that
      she
      > got
      > > the name "Elsa." (pronounced "EL-zuh). As we talked I came to
      find
      > out
      > > from her that Elsa is the Germanized form of the Jewish name
      > Elizabeth.
      > > Bingo! Elizabeth is one of the names that I had come up for
      myself.
      > > {That is, I came up with this name long before this regression
      took
      > > place.}
      > > **********
      > > Note: "CC" is my abbreviation for "Concentration Camp."
      > >
      > > I think that the most important thing that anyone can do is work
      on
      > the
      > > past-life trauma that needs to be healed. I found that past-life
      > > regressions are more valuable than readings because in a
      regression
      > you
      > > pretty much become the person who you were. You are directly
      > > experiencing that past life as that person. But I must warn you,
      > that
      > > often you are opening a Pandora's Box. Most people probably don't
      > get
      > > involved in it as much as I do.
      > >
      > > With a past-life reading all you have is somebody telling you
      > something.
      > > You have no idea whether it is true or not.
      > >
      > > An afterthought:
      > > If you raise yourself up to the soul level, there is no concept of
      > > "time." It just doesn't exist. So from that point of view, all of
      > your
      > > lifetimes, past, present, and future all coexist at the
      same "time"
      > > because there is no "time." So if you can raise yourself up to
      the
      > level
      > > of soul, all of your lifetimes are automatically right with you
      as a
      > > reality, so why would anyone need to look for records? So saying
      > that
      > > someone one can read soul records, is obviously from our Earthly
      > point
      > > of view. I'm not sure there are any records on the Soul plane; it

    • jonathanjohns96
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 1, 2009
        Leanne,

        In my original post I mentioned the lady who was told "Open him up."
        She recommended a book called "Journey Of Souls: Case Studies Of Live
        between Lives" by Miachael Newton. I believe this is the guy who
        originally discovered the "Life between Lives." This is also one of
        the few books on esoteric subjects that I actually recommend to
        people. But this book contains a lot of material that even
        spiritually advanced people would find weird. I thought it was weird
        when I read it.

        I always thought that going to "Life between lives" as a regression,
        not a reading, but some people have difficulty being regressed.

        I rememeber now, I read this book not too long before my first past-
        life regression. In the book, one story about a death really affected
        me strongly, and in my first past-life regression a similar situation
        came up. The similarity was in my feelings, not the actual events
        regarding the deaths. In a past life regression, what comes up is
        what needs to be healed.

        Jonathan

        --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, Leanne Thompson
        <le_anne_thompson@...> wrote:

        > I would love to have them both. Like the Past life regression and
        life between lives reading from earl beckman.

        > Leanne

      • jonathanjohns96
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 1, 2009
          Leanne,

          I just looked through my two books by Michael Newton. I believe that it
          was his second book, Destiny of souls, that I found weird. But after
          what I have been through, I doubt that it would seem weird to me now. I
          just read something in his second book and it was very enlightening.
          His first book is mostly case histories of past lives.

          Jonathan
        • Leanne Thompson
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 1, 2009
            Thank you. I will check the books out from local library.

            Leanne.

            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 8, 2009
              Hi Everyone!

              This has been an interesting thread, got me thinking a bit which I'd
              been doing since I ran across an interesting thought somewhere on the
              internet, forgot where already but I think it was in some "channeled"
              stuff. To be honest, just the word "channeled" turns me off totally,
              other than Edgar Cayce. Anyway, this thought made sense since I
              think a lot of "karma" teachings/beliefs make about as much sense as
              hellfire & damnation & the Garden of Eden story - the thought that we
              incarnate simply because that's what we do. I forget the details,
              something about "soul" or our disincarnate selves needing to
              incarnate physically just to survive or something.

              Anyway, I also remembered probably where I first came across
              reincarnation when I was young - in "The Search for a Soul: Taylor
              Caldwell's Psychic Lives" by Jess Stearn. I'd read quite a few of
              her novels and loved them, and it was fascinating to learn that they
              were probably so "real" because she'd lived lives during the times
              she was writing about. Now, I don't really remember all the details,
              but when I looked on Amazon for the book, it said she'd undergone
              hypnosis. I remember the book told about her "between incarnation"
              life, too, and her relationship with her "soul-mate".

              Read Michael Newton's book on reincarnation some years back, found it
              interesting.

              Has anyone ever thought they remembered past lives, or anything like
              that? Now, years back, two different "psychic" types told me about
              two different supposed past lives I'd had, but they "felt" true and
              made sense. And another sort of weird thing, some years back I had
              the strangest "experience" while reading a certain author (non-
              fiction), I felt like I was in her head, writing that book! And
              I "knew" I'd been her in my previous life. To be honest, it creeped
              me out and I just thought I had an overly active imagination, wishful
              thinking or something. Then, somewhere along the line I looked up
              the date of her death, and turned out to be after my birth, and I
              felt quite relieved! But wait...there's more!! Just recently,
              going thru boxes, came across one of her books again, same thing
              happened, like I was inside her, writing it, hearing the words in my
              head as I put them on paper - but the voice wasn't my current voice,
              it was hers. Well, killing time one day bouncing around used
              booksites, I came across her dates again and the date of her death
              was *before* I was born - and I rechecked it, yep, don't know where
              I'd gotten that incorrect death date, that was years ago.

              The thing is, what I was told about the long-ago past lives, and what
              I've learned about this previous woman, it all just makes so much
              sense of my current lifetime, they all fit together, especially the
              last "possible" one! I mean, it even explains so many things, going
              back to childhood.....

              So, it's sort of curious and interesting, but I really don't know
              what to think about it. And it sort of leaves me wondering what I
              should *really* be focusing on & doing for this last roughly 1/3 of
              my life. Especially considering 2012 is right around the corner -
              hey, who knows? <gg>

              Another thought I had years back was because it made *no* sense to me
              that it took so many years & lifetimes, and when I was an eckist, I
              believed all their crap, like the stuff about how we're finishing up
              the karma in this lifetime so I'd look for it in every situation that
              presented itself, but it got to the point where I said wait a minute,
              this is something I've already learned long ago and do *not* have to
              deal with this b.s. again!!!

              You know, the longer I'm out (10 years now), the more ridiculous all
              that eckancrap gets!!! It's taken quite awhile, but I can now
              honestly say that yes, I'm definitely "brainwashed" now, I washed all
              that nonsense out of my head so I can start sort of re-investigating
              various things again, like getting back to the wonderful place I was
              before I took that horribly wrong turn and joined ekult. I just
              *love* being me again!!!

              Anyone remember Three Mile Island? Well, we lived an hour or so
              away, and my mother had sort of drifted away from the Jehovah's
              Witnesses but still believed. Me,well...I'd accepted that I was
              doomed and was just happy raising my kids, rabbits, & gardening.
              Wanted *nothing* to do with that nasty wacko "Jehovah" and my idea of
              hell was spending eternity in a JW "paradise"! No, thank you!!

              Anyway, I'd just seen the news, and my mother called me - she was a
              bit hysterical, wanted to know if I thought maybe this was the
              beginning of Armageddon. I said I don't know and could care less,
              but if this *is* the end, I'm sure as heck not going to spend my last
              day on earth doing dishes & housework!! So, I went fishing.

              Yep, I'd still rather go fishing...but I have some interrupted "work"
              to do, that I promised myself & others who sent me a lot of eckstuff
              over the years but things happen & I had to put it aside these last
              years. Now I can start up again, problem is I'm basically lazy.
              <gg>

              I'll feel better once I actually get started, and I'm sure I'll find
              it fun again once I get going.

              Okay, just rambling a bit here, actually I finally got here to post
              because there's something *really* important I want to share, it's
              *so* exciting, I'm going to give it its own post!!

              Think Spring, everyone!

            • Leanne Thompson
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 9, 2009
                I once went to charles richards in del mar(eckist). I think there are better past life rgreesionists.

                Leanne

                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 15, 2009
                  Hi Jonathan,

                  I started to read Michael Newton as well, but I just can't relate. For me, it's just another concept that may or may not be that way. It's just like in "normal" life - there are things that happen to a group of people and not to others, like some people being always in need of money and others aren't. I think that whatever happens after death is a very individual thing. And of course it's fascinating - that's why there are so many books and concepts!

                  And what does "spiritually advanced" mean anyway? It was important as long as I was an ekkie but has absolutely no meaning for me at all now!

                  Ingrid