"Past-life readings" and "Past-life regressions"

  • jonathanjohns96
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 27, 2009

      "Past-life readings" and "Past-life regressions"

      Past-life Reading
      A past-life reading is where someone tells you about your past lives. I have never done it, but theoretically there are many ways to do it. Some people claim that they read the "soul records" or "akashic records" which I suppose are like some big book on the inner planes. I'm certain that other people simply hear someone talking to them. Or they get impressions which they then form into a verbal or written report. Also, some people do "automatic writing" where their hand seems to be in a sense controlled by an invisible force that does the writing for them. I refer to all of these as "Past-life Readings."

      I once went to someone for a reading: a non-Eckist who is a New Age past-life regressionist and healer. I got a past life reading with her several years ago (2006?). In hindsight, this reading wasn't very valuable. I have had very little confirmation of the three past lives she told me about. If they really were my past lives, they certainly aren't any that I am "supposed" to be working on. One of the past lives she told me about was similar to one or two that I already knew about, so I could consider that a match. This is the closest I have come to actually having someone read my "soul records." But I don't know what method she used other than she somehow used Phoenix cards, although I don't even know what those are. She did a past-life reading, but perhaps she merely heard someone speaking to her.

      I once had a short consultation with an energy healer about a past life where I was a 15-16 year old girl in a concentration camp in Nazi Germany. Without my telling her, this energy healer told me a few things that were the same as what I already knew. She also told me my name which was some weird-sounding name. At the time I thought she was crazy, but within a short period of time I discovered on the Internet that traditional Jews actually have two names: a secular name and a religious name. Their secular name is the one they use in society. But at some point, they are given a religious name which is usually in Hebrew. So I realized right away that this "strange" name that this energy healer had given me must have been my religious name.

      In general, I have shied awy from getting Past-life readings. I rarely know whether the information is valid or not.

      Also, this is not something that I have ever done. I don't go on the inner and look at records.

      Past-life Regression, etc.
      I have extensive knowledge about a lot of my past lives. This was accomplished initially by past life regressions, then I had vivid inner experiences with Eck masters as well as beings who where not spiritual masters. They spent a lot of time taking me back to past lives. Back in the "early days" (1999) of these experiences I would often spontaneously go to a past life even when there was no one on the inner.

      In the "early days" (1999) the person whom I went to for my first past life regression was also someone that I had experiences with on the inner. She was there essentially guiding me to a past life although it was somewhat different than the procedure used by her on the physical plane. On the physical plane I told her about this and she said "Well, if you are getting help from me on the inner for free, there is no sense paying me on the physical plane to help you." She also told me that some of her other clients have told her the same thing that I told her. Nowadays, there is still one spirit on the inner that helps me with this stuff, although directly going to a past life is rare now. It's more like I see glimpses of things, I have strong emotions about something, and eventually I manage to piece it all together somehow. Lots of times I have a traumatic experience on the physical plane, then immediately or even days later, I think back to a past life that I am familiar with. Many times I then go to a healer who uses NET (Neuro Emotional Technique) to clear things out. I have done way too much of this kind of thing of clearing out past life trauma and often wonder if it is really worth it because after awhile it becomes very overwhelming. But I think it is infinitely more effective than going to someone for a reading. Readings just give you facts. When you actually go to a past life you re-experience it firsthand.

      Just a warning, my past-life regressions opened the door on the inner worlds. Plus, I was going to a massage therapist who was an Eckist who, after the fact, admitted that spiritual masters had come to her and told her "Open him up" meaning open the doorway to the inner worlds. She did what they told her. It definitely led me to some inner experiences, but it also pretty much ruined my outer life. But I'm virtually certain that at some level I asked for it to happen so I'm not really blaming anyone.

      I almost forgot to mention something about the lady who did the past-life reading for me. I had a past life regression with her. I was focusing on a lifetime where I was a 15-16 year old girl in a concentration camp in Nazi Germany. At one point at the beginning of the regression, she asked me to remember my name in this lifetime. I didn't tell her the name at that time though. At the end of the regression we had a conversation about what name I came up with. Here is the entry in my journal:

      **********
      Journal
      Wednesday, June 14, 2006

      a little after 7:39 PM
      We talked a little bit after the regression. She asked me what name I got for myself in this regression for my CC Lifetime. I told her "Eva." I asked her if she got a name and she said "Yes." She said that she got the name "Elsa." (pronounced "EL-zuh). As we talked I came to find out from her that Elsa is the Germanized form of the Jewish name Elizabeth. Bingo! Elizabeth is one of the names that I had come up for myself. {That is, I came up with this name long before this regression took place.}
      **********
      Note: "CC" is my abbreviation for "Concentration Camp."

      I think that the most important thing that anyone can do is work on the past-life trauma that needs to be healed. I found that past-life regressions are more valuable than readings because in a regression you pretty much become the person who you were. You are directly experiencing that past life as that person. But I must warn you, that often you are opening a Pandora's Box. Most people probably don't get involved in it as much as I do.

      With a past-life reading all you have is somebody telling you something. You have no idea whether it is true or not.

      An afterthought:
      If you raise yourself up to the soul level, there is no concept of "time." It just doesn't exist. So from that point of view, all of your lifetimes, past, present, and future all coexist at the same "time" because there is no "time." So if you can raise yourself up to the level of soul, all of your lifetimes are automatically right with you as a reality, so why would anyone need to look for records? So saying that someone one can read soul records, is obviously from our Earthly point of view. I'm not sure there are any records on the Soul plane; it seems superfluous.

      Jonathan

      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 31, 2009
        A friend of mine(I will call her Monica) had a past life reading. It
        is on tape and I was fascinated with what occurred. The reader
        brought her back throughout her teens into her childhood and then
        beyond. At that moment, Monica assumed the fetal position and then
        emerged as a woman named Ann Fleming with a British accent and lived
        in Manchester England. She recalled her death froma fall from a horse
        and various members of her family, poor farmers in the countryside.
        After "coming back", she didn't remember anything she said.
        We researched some death records in Manchester and found there was
        indeed such a person and the cause of death was injuries sustained
        from falling off a horse! Not only that, the family she remembered
        also existed in the late 19th century!.

        --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, jonathanjohns96 <no_reply@...>
        wrote:

> [...]
        >
        > With a past-life reading all you have is somebody telling you
        something.
        > You have no idea whether it is true or not.
        >
        > An afterthought:
        > If you raise yourself up to the soul level, there is no concept of
        > "time." It just doesn't exist. So from that point of view, all of
        your
        > lifetimes, past, present, and future all coexist at the same "time"
        > because there is no "time." So if you can raise yourself up to the
        level
        > of soul, all of your lifetimes are automatically right with you as a
        > reality, so why would anyone need to look for records? So saying
        that
        > someone one can read soul records, is obviously from our Earthly
        point
        > of view. I'm not sure there are any records on the Soul plane; it

      • Leanne Thompson
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 31, 2009
          I would love to have them both. Like the Past life regression and life between lives reading from earl beckman.

          Leanne

          wrote:

> [...]
          >
          > With a past-life reading all you have is somebody telling you
          something.
          > You have no idea whether it is true or not.
          >
          > An afterthought:
          > If you raise yourself up to the soul level, there is no concept of
          > "time." It just doesn't exist. So from that point of view, all of
          your
          > lifetimes, past, present, and future all coexist at the same "time"
          > because there is no "time." So if you can raise yourself up to the
          level
          > of soul, all of your lifetimes are automatically right with you as a
          > reality, so why would anyone need to look for records? So saying
          that
          > someone one can read soul records, is obviously from our Earthly
          point
          > of view. I'm not sure there are any records on the Soul plane; it

        • jonathanjohns96
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 1, 2009
            Al_radzik,

            That's an interesting story about your friend. I have no trouble
            believing it. It reminds me of a book I read.

            There are very few books that I actually recommend, but I'm going to
            recommed a book. It is a true story about a homocide detective who,
            on a lark, accepts somebody's challenge to get a past life
            regression. He researches his main past life in the regression, and
            eventually discovers that he was a real person, a rather obscure
            1800s artists in the history of the USA. This book will send chills
            up your spine. I'm fairly certain that I read the book straight
            through; it was that captivating. I loaned it to two people who were
            not New Age people, but simply open-minded, and they loved it too.
            Below is the link on Amazon.com.

            Looking for Carroll Beckwith: The True Story of a Detective's Search
            for His Past Life
            http://www.amazon.com/Looking-Carroll-Beckwith-Detectives-
            Search/dp/1579541011/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1233515973&sr=1-1

            The editor's review is fairly dull, but read the first few reviews by
            readers.

            If you ever wanted a book to loan to someone to convince someone of
            the valididty of past lives, this is it. It's not a very long book
            either.

            By the way, a lot of memories of past lives center around death at
            least to some degree. That's because there tends to be a lot of
            unresolved emotional trauma there.

            Jonathan Johns

            --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, al_radzik <no_reply@...> wrote:

> [...]
            > > You have no idea whether it is true or not.
            > >
            > > An afterthought:
            > > If you raise yourself up to the soul level, there is no concept of
            > > "time." It just doesn't exist. So from that point of view, all of
            > your
            > > lifetimes, past, present, and future all coexist at the
            same "time"
            > > because there is no "time." So if you can raise yourself up to
            the
            > level
            > > of soul, all of your lifetimes are automatically right with you
            as a
            > > reality, so why would anyone need to look for records? So saying
            > that
            > > someone one can read soul records, is obviously from our Earthly
            > point
            > > of view. I'm not sure there are any records on the Soul plane; it

          • jonathanjohns96
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 1, 2009
              Leanne,

              In my original post I mentioned the lady who was told "Open him up."
              She recommended a book called "Journey Of Souls: Case Studies Of Live
              between Lives" by Miachael Newton. I believe this is the guy who
              originally discovered the "Life between Lives." This is also one of
              the few books on esoteric subjects that I actually recommend to
              people. But this book contains a lot of material that even
              spiritually advanced people would find weird. I thought it was weird
              when I read it.

              I always thought that going to "Life between lives" as a regression,
              not a reading, but some people have difficulty being regressed.

              I rememeber now, I read this book not too long before my first past-
              life regression. In the book, one story about a death really affected
              me strongly, and in my first past-life regression a similar situation
              came up. The similarity was in my feelings, not the actual events
              regarding the deaths. In a past life regression, what comes up is
              what needs to be healed.

              Jonathan

              --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, Leanne Thompson
              <le_anne_thompson@...> wrote:

              > I would love to have them both. Like the Past life regression and
              life between lives reading from earl beckman.

              > Leanne

            • jonathanjohns96
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 1, 2009
                Leanne,

                I just looked through my two books by Michael Newton. I believe that it
                was his second book, Destiny of souls, that I found weird. But after
                what I have been through, I doubt that it would seem weird to me now. I
                just read something in his second book and it was very enlightening.
                His first book is mostly case histories of past lives.

                Jonathan
              • Leanne Thompson
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 1, 2009
                  Thank you. I will check the books out from local library.

                  Leanne.

                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 8, 2009
                    Hi Everyone!

                    This has been an interesting thread, got me thinking a bit which I'd
                    been doing since I ran across an interesting thought somewhere on the
                    internet, forgot where already but I think it was in some "channeled"
                    stuff. To be honest, just the word "channeled" turns me off totally,
                    other than Edgar Cayce. Anyway, this thought made sense since I
                    think a lot of "karma" teachings/beliefs make about as much sense as
                    hellfire & damnation & the Garden of Eden story - the thought that we
                    incarnate simply because that's what we do. I forget the details,
                    something about "soul" or our disincarnate selves needing to
                    incarnate physically just to survive or something.

                    Anyway, I also remembered probably where I first came across
                    reincarnation when I was young - in "The Search for a Soul: Taylor
                    Caldwell's Psychic Lives" by Jess Stearn. I'd read quite a few of
                    her novels and loved them, and it was fascinating to learn that they
                    were probably so "real" because she'd lived lives during the times
                    she was writing about. Now, I don't really remember all the details,
                    but when I looked on Amazon for the book, it said she'd undergone
                    hypnosis. I remember the book told about her "between incarnation"
                    life, too, and her relationship with her "soul-mate".

                    Read Michael Newton's book on reincarnation some years back, found it
                    interesting.

                    Has anyone ever thought they remembered past lives, or anything like
                    that? Now, years back, two different "psychic" types told me about
                    two different supposed past lives I'd had, but they "felt" true and
                    made sense. And another sort of weird thing, some years back I had
                    the strangest "experience" while reading a certain author (non-
                    fiction), I felt like I was in her head, writing that book! And
                    I "knew" I'd been her in my previous life. To be honest, it creeped
                    me out and I just thought I had an overly active imagination, wishful
                    thinking or something. Then, somewhere along the line I looked up
                    the date of her death, and turned out to be after my birth, and I
                    felt quite relieved! But wait...there's more!! Just recently,
                    going thru boxes, came across one of her books again, same thing
                    happened, like I was inside her, writing it, hearing the words in my
                    head as I put them on paper - but the voice wasn't my current voice,
                    it was hers. Well, killing time one day bouncing around used
                    booksites, I came across her dates again and the date of her death
                    was *before* I was born - and I rechecked it, yep, don't know where
                    I'd gotten that incorrect death date, that was years ago.

                    The thing is, what I was told about the long-ago past lives, and what
                    I've learned about this previous woman, it all just makes so much
                    sense of my current lifetime, they all fit together, especially the
                    last "possible" one! I mean, it even explains so many things, going
                    back to childhood.....

                    So, it's sort of curious and interesting, but I really don't know
                    what to think about it. And it sort of leaves me wondering what I
                    should *really* be focusing on & doing for this last roughly 1/3 of
                    my life. Especially considering 2012 is right around the corner -
                    hey, who knows? <gg>

                    Another thought I had years back was because it made *no* sense to me
                    that it took so many years & lifetimes, and when I was an eckist, I
                    believed all their crap, like the stuff about how we're finishing up
                    the karma in this lifetime so I'd look for it in every situation that
                    presented itself, but it got to the point where I said wait a minute,
                    this is something I've already learned long ago and do *not* have to
                    deal with this b.s. again!!!

                    You know, the longer I'm out (10 years now), the more ridiculous all
                    that eckancrap gets!!! It's taken quite awhile, but I can now
                    honestly say that yes, I'm definitely "brainwashed" now, I washed all
                    that nonsense out of my head so I can start sort of re-investigating
                    various things again, like getting back to the wonderful place I was
                    before I took that horribly wrong turn and joined ekult. I just
                    *love* being me again!!!

                    Anyone remember Three Mile Island? Well, we lived an hour or so
                    away, and my mother had sort of drifted away from the Jehovah's
                    Witnesses but still believed. Me,well...I'd accepted that I was
                    doomed and was just happy raising my kids, rabbits, & gardening.
                    Wanted *nothing* to do with that nasty wacko "Jehovah" and my idea of
                    hell was spending eternity in a JW "paradise"! No, thank you!!

                    Anyway, I'd just seen the news, and my mother called me - she was a
                    bit hysterical, wanted to know if I thought maybe this was the
                    beginning of Armageddon. I said I don't know and could care less,
                    but if this *is* the end, I'm sure as heck not going to spend my last
                    day on earth doing dishes & housework!! So, I went fishing.

                    Yep, I'd still rather go fishing...but I have some interrupted "work"
                    to do, that I promised myself & others who sent me a lot of eckstuff
                    over the years but things happen & I had to put it aside these last
                    years. Now I can start up again, problem is I'm basically lazy.
                    <gg>

                    I'll feel better once I actually get started, and I'm sure I'll find
                    it fun again once I get going.

                    Okay, just rambling a bit here, actually I finally got here to post
                    because there's something *really* important I want to share, it's
                    *so* exciting, I'm going to give it its own post!!

                    Think Spring, everyone!

                  • Leanne Thompson
                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 9, 2009
                      I once went to charles richards in del mar(eckist). I think there are better past life rgreesionists.

                      Leanne

                      Message 10 of 10 , Mar 15, 2009
                        Hi Jonathan,

                        I started to read Michael Newton as well, but I just can't relate. For me, it's just another concept that may or may not be that way. It's just like in "normal" life - there are things that happen to a group of people and not to others, like some people being always in need of money and others aren't. I think that whatever happens after death is a very individual thing. And of course it's fascinating - that's why there are so many books and concepts!

                        And what does "spiritually advanced" mean anyway? It was important as long as I was an ekkie but has absolutely no meaning for me at all now!

                        Ingrid