Re: The following Ford Johnson website URLs are failing

  • jonathanjohns96
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 9, 2009
      I tried to acces three URLs at Ford Johnson'd "Truth-Seeker" website.
      All three are bad. I get the same error message from my ISP:

      Error message:
      We are sorry, [bogus URL with part of my yahoo ID showing] cannot be
      found.
      We suggest that you check the spelling of the web address or try a
      different search term.
      (PeoplePC message which is my ISP)

      Example 1 ("Second Open Letter" at Ford Johnson's website):
      attempted URL:
      http://www.thetruth-seeker.com/openletter2.asp

      Example 2 ("First Open Letter" at Ford Johnson's website):
      attempted URL:
      http://www.thetruth-seeker.com/openletter.asp

      Example 3 (The rise and fall of Sri Michael Owens)
      attempted URL
      http://www.thetruth-seeker.com/michael_owens.asp

      I've had this problem many times before, especially with Ford's
      website. Sharon, you once made a follow-up post to one of my posts.
      It contained about 5 URLs - all of them were bad, giving me error
      messages telling me the URL was invalid.

      I would appreciate it if other people on this board would test these
      URLs to see if they work on your computer. Then post your results
      here.

      Thank you.
    • yoga_nidra
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 9, 2009
        --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, jonathanjohns96 <no_reply@...>
        wrote:

        > I tried to acces three URLs at Ford Johnson'd "Truth-Seeker" website.
        > All three are bad. I get the same error message from my ISP:
        >
        > Error message:
        > We are sorry, [bogus URL with part of my yahoo ID showing] cannot be
        > found.
        > We suggest that you check the spelling of the web address or try a
        > different search term.
        > (PeoplePC message which is my ISP)
        >
        > Example 1 ("Second Open Letter" at Ford Johnson's website):
        > attempted URL:
        > http://www.thetruth-seeker.com/openletter2.asp
        >

        > Example 2 ("First Open Letter" at Ford Johnson's website):
        > attempted URL:
        > http://www.thetruth-seeker.com/openletter.asp
        >

        > Example 3 (The rise and fall of Sri Michael Owens)
        > attempted URL
        > http://www.thetruth-seeker.com/michael_owens.asp
        >

        > I've had this problem many times before, especially with Ford's
        > website. Sharon, you once made a follow-up post to one of my posts.
        > It contained about 5 URLs - all of them were bad, giving me error
        > messages telling me the URL was invalid.
        >
        > I would appreciate it if other people on this board would test these
        > URLs to see if they work on your computer. Then post your results
        > here.
        >
        > Thank you.

        I can pull up all these sites. The problem could be your own internet
        connection, and not anything connected to the sites themselves (though
        that's still a possibility). I say this because last week I had the
        same kind of problem you describe, as I couldn't access Google or
        youtube, though I could get access to other internet sites. It turned
        out that my cable internet provider was having problems that day, and
        the next day everything was OK.
      • jonathanjohns96
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 9, 2009
          Thanks. You told me exactly what I expected to hear. My conclusion is
          that there must be someone working at my ISP PeoplePC who is blocking
          these sites. I don't know what else to think. I have been unable to
          access various parts of Ford Johnson's website Truth-Seeker.com for
          over a month now.

          And it's not only Ford's website. Generally speaking, for every ten
          links I try to acces for an ant-Eckankar website, only about two
          actually work. I realize that I should expect some bad links, ,but 80%
          bad is way too high. Something is going on.

          Jonathan
        • jonathanjohns96
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 26, 2009
            Just thought I would give everyone an update about Ford's Truth Seeker
            website.

            I just went to Ford Johnson's Truth Seeker website. I immediately
            noticed that he has a brand new home page. Naturally, I tested out a
            lot of the links.

            Almost all of the choices in the pull-down menus work. But, for me,
            the "Message Board" button initially leads me to the Message Board
            page, I see the page for a second, but then it bombs out, being
            replaced by a page from my ISP. Other than that one, all of the links
            that I tried worked.

            I just have one piece of advice. When using the pull-down menus, make
            certain that you click on the actual text, not on the blank space to
            the right of the text. Otherwise your choice will not be activated. In
            other words, the blank space to the right of the text should
            be 'active' but it is not.

            Much of the interesting stuff about Eckankar is listed under 'Truth
            Revealed --> Eckankar.' That's where the legal depositions are located.