Re: eckankars non interference policy is .....

  • majeremaiden
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 1, 2009
      --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "Sharon" <brighttigress@...>
      wrote:

      > --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, Leanne Thompson
      > <le_anne_thompson@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Once my car broke down and I was near an eck center. THe ocupants
      > there were not helpping me at all. I thought for sure they would. It
      > wasn't until I called someone  else from where I licve(an eckist )
      that
      > I got help. I thought that the way they did not want to help was so
      > shitful. I blasted minneapolis.
      > >
      > > Leanne
      > >

      > Hi Leanne!
      >
      > I wonder sometimes, does ekult tend to attract people who are
      basically
      > uncaring and self-centered, or do the "teachings" lead them there?
      > don't think stories like this are because they're afraid of karmic
      > entanglements. I think that's just an excuse. And can't non-action
      > result in worse karma than helping because you care? Many eckists
      just
      > don't seem to get it.
      >
      > A few weeks ago I found myself in Walmart's parking lot with a dead
      > battery. Talk about being in the right place at the right time!!
      > Thought something was wrong when I left home, and again leaving
      Kmart,
      > but figured it just needed me to drive for awhile to recharge it.
      >
      > In the 15-20 minutes while I waited for my son-in-law to arrive with
      > tools, standing next to my car with the hood up, at least a dozen
      > strangers stopped to offer help. And a few more offered to help
      while
      > my sil was putting in the new battery.
      >
      > I'll be back later, a few things I want to post...
      >
      > Happy New Year!!
      >
      > Sharon

      This reminds me of one of my favorite buddhist stories:
      2 monks on a pilgrimage come upon an old woman trying to cross a
      rapidly flowing river. One of the monks lifts the woman, sets her down
      on the other side and continues on the journey. The other monk starts
      admonishing the fellow traveler and telling him how wrong it was to do
      such a thing. The first monk replies, "I but carried her over the
      river. You are still carrying her."

      My brother who has been living in Japan for about 30 years now told me
      of another perspective.
      Hell is being at a banquet table loaded will every food imaginable but
      your chopsticks are way too long to feed yourself. Heaven is the same
      banquet hall with the same chopsticks only you are feeding each other.

      Karma is what you make (of) it.
    • Leanne Thompson
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 2, 2009
        Thank you. It was a car so it was car ma. If I had an SUV it would be SUVma.

        leanne

        > > Once my car broke down and I was near an eck center. THe ocupants
        > there were not helpping me at all. I thought for sure they would. It
        > wasn't until I called someone  else from where I licve(an eckist )
        that
        > I got help. I thought that the way they did not want to help was so
        > shitful. I blasted minneapolis.
        > >
        > > Leanne
        > >

        > Hi Leanne!
        >
        > I wonder sometimes, does ekult tend to attract people who are
        basically
        > uncaring and self-centered, or do the "teachings" lead them there?
        > don't think stories like this are because they're afraid of karmic
        > entanglements. I think that's just an excuse. And can't non-action
        > result in worse karma than helping because you care? Many eckists
        just
        > don't seem to get it.
        >
        > A few weeks ago I found myself in Walmart's parking lot with a dead
        > battery. Talk about being in the right place at the right time!!
        > Thought something was wrong when I left home, and again leaving
        Kmart,
        > but figured it just needed me to drive for awhile to recharge it.
        >
        > In the 15-20 minutes while I waited for my son-in-law to arrive with
        > tools, standing next to my car with the hood up, at least a dozen
        > strangers stopped to offer help. And a few more offered to help
        while
        > my sil was putting in the new battery.
        >
        > I'll be back later, a few things I want to post...
        >
        > Happy New Year!!
        >
        > Sharon

        This reminds me of one of my favorite buddhist stories:
        2 monks on a pilgrimage come upon an old woman trying to cross a
        rapidly flowing river. One of the monks lifts the woman, sets her down
        on the other side and continues on the journey. The other monk starts
        admonishing the fellow traveler and telling him how wrong it was to do
        such a thing. The first monk replies, "I but carried her over the
        river. You are still carrying her."

        My brother who has been living in Japan for about 30 years now told me
        of another perspective.
        Hell is being at a banquet table loaded will every food imaginable but
        your chopsticks are way too long to feed yourself. Heaven is the same
        banquet hall with the same chopsticks only you are feeding each other.

        Karma is what you make (of) it.

      • whitemoby22
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 26, 2009
          Could I ask you a question, jonathan? I have always been curious
          about something I read in an eck discouse. in this particular
          discourse klemp states that it is possible to read Soul records.
          What does that even mean? No one would ever tell me; or else they
          gave me bs answers. Is such a thing even possible?

          Thanks, moby...

> [...]
          > your problems, you aren't very brave.
          >

          > --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, tygerpurr <no_reply@> wrote:
          > >
          > > What you say about repressed anger is very true. It is especially
          > true
          > > in ekcankar. The feeling or the expression of anger is considered
          > > "negative", yet those who claim to never get angry are often the
          > most
          > > angry, as well as passive/aggressive. All you have to do is look
          at
          > > their eyes, their clenched teeth, their snide remarks vieled as
          some
          > > kind of "wisdom"...
          > >
          > > Yes, they will attack you for questioning eckanorg, and it will
          > > usually come across as a backward slap or some kind of cheap
          shot.
          > If
          > > it is direct, they will often feel justified in doing so, as it is
          > > allowed to do so if they think they are counter attacking. You
          see a
          > > lot of that on A.R.E. They can get extremely nasty, and with that
          > fake
          > > smile of theirs. Body language never lies, if you know how to
          read
          > it.
          > >
          > > Show me a person who claims to never get angry, and I will show
          you
          > > liar. It is normal to have a wide spectrum of feelings. Feelings
          are
          > > what helps us see what is real. How should one feel if they are
          lied
          > > to, or told not to question?
          > >
          > > Tygerpurr ; )
          > >
          > > --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, jonathanjohns96 <no_reply@>
          > > wrote:
          > > >
          > > > I just searched for "codependent" on this message board. I
          > quickly came
          > > > across the following post:

          > > > I am quoting one small portion of what Colleen said:
          > > > "A lot of anger was directed at me and I discovered that anger
          > toward
          > > > someone who does not merge into a codependent relationship and
          > > > maintains her self-identity is the norm in such group relations
          > because
          > > > this is perceived as rejection or abandonment; in other words,
          an
          > > > attack on those who are joined at the hip!"
          > > >

          > > > That rings true with me. In my last few years at Eckankar,
          every
          > time I
          > > > spoke up and had an opinion at odds with Eckankar I was either
          > given
          > > > the silent treatment or, occaisionally, the person said
          something
          > in
          > > > anger. Sometimes the anger was very much at the surface, but
          > other
          > > > times it was pretty well repressed, but I could feel it, and I
          > could
          > > > also tell by what they said that they were feeling angry and

        • jonathanjohns96
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 27, 2009
            Moby

            Your exact question was "Is such a thing even possible?" Uh... My
            expereince hasn't been real good.

            The short answer is...

            Many people claim to be able to read soul records, also called
            akashic records. Edgar Casey popularized the term "akashic record."

            Akashic records at Wikipedia (see discussion about Edgar Casey )
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akashic_records

            Mostly, these type of readings tell people about past lives. Most
            people in the New Age movement who do these call them "past life
            readings." They use some method such as going into trance, receive
            information somehow, then tell you about your past lives, hopefully
            with a bent toward telling you how to improve your life or at least
            heal yourself of something. I think some of these readers just go
            into trance and receive information, not even tying it to any
            particular "record" that that are seeing. Many "psychics" hear things
            rather than seeing them. I guess that readings performed by these
            people are as good as the person reading them. My personal experience
            with them is that they are not as valuable as a past life regression.

            To some degree "soul record" and "akashic record" is just an overused
            term that may have little or real meaning. It might just be a device
            that people invented. If you are on the soul plane, everyithing "IS,"
            and is instantly at your disposal. I would see no use for keeping
            records. It almost seems laughable to think that there are record
            books on the soul plane. In the end, it's probably a matter of how
            you choose to look at it. As humans, I don't think we will ever know
            what the Soul plane is like. I'm sorry if this explanation seems
            vague or sounds like another Eckankar discourse.

            I'm certain that Paul Twitchell discussed this in his books. The "Eck
            Vidyia" certainly has a discussion on it. In fact, I heard that in
            Paul's early days he performed "Eck Vidyia Readings" for people for a
            hefty fee.

            I am starting a new topic on "past-life readings" versu "past-life
            regressions." on that post I explian all of my personal experiences
            in great detail. Feel free to read that and make a follow-up post if
            you wish.

            Jonathan