Re: Eckankar Truth Group should be called USA elections and Voting

  • drubezarne
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 16, 2008
      Hi Sharon
      Thanks for all the work you've done over the years trying to bring out
      the truth about Eckankar. Yes, all three sites...

      and

      and this one are a great service to former eckists and those
      considering leaving the cult.

      I would like to address the following to those of you who are starting
      to realize there may be something wrong with Eckankar. I was a member
      for over 30 years and I can tell you the longer you stay in Eckankar,
      the deeper the brainwashing. Eckists are taught from the beginning
      when they join to think and communicate in what many term "Eck Speak".
      Statements like "Turn it over to the Inner Master" (Harold Klemp)
      foster dependency on this person who claims to be the incarnation of
      God on earth.

      In other words, eckists are taught to always think of the Mahanta
      (Harold Klemp) and to visualize him in their
      contemplations/meditations. Eventually, this conditions the
      consciousness to see Klemp in their dreams which only reinforces the
      brainwashing. The training in Eckankar is to always perceive
      everything through the filter of the Eckankar organization until you
      are totally obedient to its leader.

      This conditioning distorts a person's perceptions to the point where
      he/she only sees themselves and their fellow eckists as the chosen
      people vs the heretics or non-believers. This us against them
      mentality creates egotism through elitism.

      There are many mind control techniques employed in Eckankar - too
      many to mention in this one post. One subtle method I would like
      to mention is the expectation by the organization that all
      eckists are supposed to spread the works of Eckankar to the rest of
      the world or at least to keep it going by teaching classes, postering,
      holding or helping out with Eck events, and so on. This kind of demand
      on a person's time often creates anxieties especially when that person
      is made to feel like they aren't doing enough for the organization. It
      basically comes down to attachment to the organization and its leader.

      Sharon, thanks for your willingness to put the plagiarized books in
      the Files section. I have one more book to upload and it's a
      bombshell. It's Neville Goddard's The Power Of Awareness. Anyone
      familiar with Paul Twitchell's writings will instantly recognize the
      words. Twitchell practically plagiarized the entire book to set up the
      foundations of Eckankar. This book and Julian Johnson's Path of the
      Masters are the two main books that comprise the philosophy of
      Eckankar. The rest of Eckankar is science fiction/fantasy and
      smatterings of other plagiarized works.

      Regards
      Liska

      --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "Sharon" <brighttigress@...> wrote:

> [...]
      >
      > Anyway, some people get "feelings" of different kinds. I remember
      > back when I first joined, I got this particular "feeling" from the
      > eckstuff, and it didn't feel good. I told myself this was what I'd
      > read about, that the "Kal" attacks people & tries to keep them away
      > from "the master". Well, the odd thing is, I felt this sick feeling
      > again after I left ekult, walking to the mailbox, wondered what it
      > was and where it was coming from, and guess what!! There in the
      > mailbox was a twitchbook I'd ordered for "detracting" - I think it
      > was "Difficulties". And I felt it again, quite strongly, last week
      > when I brought home a box of eckstuff from storage. I am *not*
      > looking forward to being in close proximinity with all that eckankrap
      > again! However, there are things one can do to take care of it, but
      > I'm sort of lazy and/or busy to be bothered.
      >
      > Okay, my mind's drifing off, gotta get moving here, kids just about
      > finished with lunch & we're going to see horsies, goats, and
      > chickens!!
      >
      > Gawd, I just *love* Fall!!
      >
      > Hugs,
      >
      > Sharon
      >

      > --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "drubezarne" <drubezarne@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > There's always an alternative. Check out Eckankar Survivors
      > Anonymous...

      > > It's a group that tries to focus on the falacy of Eckankar. There's
      > > plenty of information about the origins of Eckankar plus inside news
      > > about Harold Klemp's secret Camelot. Many of ESA's participants were
      > > H.I.'s for over 30 years and so have a lot to contribute.
      > >
      > > It's also the only site that has links to the plagiarized books in
      > pdf
      > > format that you can download free. Now everybody can prove it to
      > > themselves how much information Paul stole from other writers.
      > >
      > > All this is not to denigrate this site. Both forums are doing
      > service
      > > in helping people get over the brainwashing and move away from
      > > Eckankar's destructive mind control.
      > >
      > > Regards
      > > Liska
      > >
      > > --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "eckmahdis" <eckmahdis@>
      > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Correct me if I'm wrong but is this yahoo group titled Eckankar
      > Truth?
      > > >
      > > > I was mislead into thinking this group consist of people that
      > express
      > > > truth regarding Eckankar and related spiritual topics. Since this
      > group
      > > > consists of election debate and voting I will sign off and start
      > my own
      > > > Eckankar Truth group.
      > > >
      > > > This group has been a serious waste of time and does not add to
      > any
      > > > credible scholarship with regards to Eckankar. The foul language
      > and
      > > > stupidly only adds to this yahoo groups disgust!

    • tygerpurr
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 19, 2008
        Hi Sharon,

        I read this section of your post and I must admit that I have similar
        feelings.

        ...read about, that the "Kal" attacks people & tries to keep them away
        > from "the master". Well, the odd thing is, I felt this sick feeling
        > again after I left ekult, walking to the mailbox, wondered what it
        > was and where it was coming from, and guess what!! There in the
        > mailbox was a twitchbook I'd ordered for "detracting" - I think it
        > was "Difficulties". And I felt it again, quite strongly, last week
        > when I brought home a box of eckstuff from storage. I am *not*
        > looking forward to being in close proximinity with all that
        eckankrap ...

        For me though, it is more of a PTSD thing. It's bad when it happens,
        and the fear and level of anguish is real, especially when you put
        your complete trust in someone only to be abused and lied to big time.
        Let's face it, we accepted the word of sociopaths, and a lot of toxic
        behavior directed at us about our Life and Death, with a lot of
        threats mixed in.

        I almost always sense a toxic personality these days, and maybe there
        are ways to protect yourself. One way is to realize that their main
        technique is instill in you a sense of self-loathing for not buying
        into their bull. Being around them causes triggers, pain, panic
        attacks, dissociation and so on... Even if it is a psychic attack, the
        way to deal with it is probably the same. The main thing for me, is to
        not give these idiots any power at all, and to also accept that your
        reaction is perfectly normal, so don't hate yourself for hating
        yourself, if that is what is happening.

        Cults are in fact awful, authoritarian, destructive and down right
        mean. They do attack you, but more often than not, imo, it may just be
        that we have internalized their toxic thinking and feelings.

        Another idea that has occurred to me, is that we think too much about
        it by trying to not think about it (pink elephant), when there is a
        meditation technique I sometimes use. I let the thought and body
        feelings I have be and then let them go. If I resists them too much,
        then, imo, I give them too much energy and power over me. It also may
        be true that the effects of abusive cults may never completely go
        away. For me, this is sometimes a form of compassion to recognize.
        Just as those who have suffered extreme circumstances, like
        concentration camps or various forms of violence, they know that
        recovery doesn't just come from waving a magic wand, and they still
        speak out, even though it may be difficult.

        There are nasty and mean people out there. I'm happy being a skeptic
        and posting about these deluded liars. Even some execkies keep the
        same behavior, unfortunately, like they never left the Cult.

        tygerpurr ; )