Re: [eckankartruth] Digest Number 1683

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 2008
      Good grief!!

      Read this "digest" earlier when I wasn't quite awake, and re-reading over it I guess I'm still not awake enough.....my mind's elsewhere.

      BUT....eckmahdis, you *do* sound like you're still a member - in fact, your comment about Sword having an anger problem is straight out of a.r.e. eckthugspeak.  But to be honest, anymore I don't really remember everyone who posts here since there's not a lot of activity and I don't do as much personal correspondence, so I don't keep up with everyone's names, stories, situations, kids, and pets like I used to.   It's not unusual, though, for eckstuff to "stick", deprogramming takes awhile, it took me a long time to get rid of all the eckthink & eckspeak.

      Let me think.....Sword, I still remember your dog...it's foggy, but is his name "Scanner"? I still have *some* memory left, sometimes!   But wow, I was a bit surprised to see you swearing and YELLING!!!

      I think this is a very important election, perhaps the most important one there's ever been.  And I think the *last* thing we need is McCain/What's-her-name, although I *really* can't help loving a woman who hunts moose!!!   You go, girl!!!    Just don't go to Washington.  Alaska's "different".   Maybe up there it's okay to not answer questions, but here in the US not everyone can be conned.  At least, I hope not.

      I've volunteered for several elections going way back to the 60's/70's - what was that guy's name?  McGovern?   My favorite was Jerry Brown.  But unfortunately, whoever I volunteer for loses.  Which is one reason, altho not the main one, that after one night of doing volunteer phone calls for Obama, I couldn't do any more.

      I know in the past I've posted a bit of "political" stuff here but haven't done it because, well...in spite of my personal beliefs, when it comes to politics everyone has a right to their own opinions & this isn't really the place for it, not to mention I just haven't had the time (or interest) for quite awhile, but that should be changing soon and I'll probably get more active with the cultstuff again.   But this morning I got an email that I really want to share here:

      I've got this little problem, I can always see both sides of just about everything, heck I even voted for Bush the first time he ran....I'll be honest, I didn't really do much deep research or anything, but I wasn't the only one who voted for him and then really regretted it.  I started out this time being sort of neutral, I liked McCain and Obama, but favored Hillary in spite of her sticking with that dog she's married to.  I just decided I was going to put a whole lot of thought into my decision, and do a lot more fact-checking & stuff.  This time, I think *everyone* needs to do this.   Obama just seemed to come out of nowhere, didn't he?  Anyway, one thing that may have been a big deciding factor with me was the difference between McCain & Obama when Russia invaded Georgia.  You need to be calm & think a bit before just pulling the trigger, but it turns out McCain is known for his temper.  And from what I can see, neither McCain nor Palin are the least bit "maverick", and dontcha all get darned sick & tired of hearing that word?

      Plus, you've got to consider the likelihood of McCain dying in office and oh horrors, some wacko stuck-in-the-past racist assassinating Obama.

      I like Michelle much better than Cindy, too.  Cindy gives me the impression of someone who lays there and thinks of England, although I do like a lot of the work she's done.  Michelle seems happy, relaxed, and very satisfied.  A man who's considerate of his wife and keeps her happy is most likely considerate of other people, too.

      Okay, there's a lot more to it....hey, that's enough politics!!

      I'm sort of flashing back to a previous "disagreement" here between Whitefeather Liz & Leaf/TianYue....didn't really feel like dealing with that one either so I ended up not "defending" Leaf enough, maybe I should've - okay, Liz you were *way* out of line there but mostly I like you & feel I understand you, don't remember the exact details, but everyone's got different "brownie points" in my book.  Like Sword....he's definitely "allowed" to surprise me with this little swearing & yelling thing, no biggie.  One thing, though, I've seen people say they think Leaf still has "HI syndrome" but I've absolutely *never* seen that in him, altho it's very obvious in other former HIs, but with some it's sort of excusable.   The only problem I have with Leaf/TianYue is that all his great work, like Lurk's (an awesome former poster at a.r.e. years ago), is going to be lost in the archives because he won't do a website, and there's no way I'm *every* going to be able to "compile" all the great stuff that's buried and will probably never be seen!!!!!!

      So, let's all hug & be nice & sing "kum-ba-ya" and act like we're all going to vote for Ralph Nader.  I did that once, I forget when, but then regretted it because I think I wasted my vote.

      I just hope everyone votes, this is such an important election and I think our country is in big deepshit trouble, and I just get this sick feeling in my tummy when I look at my grandchildren and think about what the world's going to be like for them.....

      I don't really go for all that "conspiracy" stuff, Illuminati & that kind of thing, although it's possible....I remember that stuff from many years ago, in Taylor Caldwell's "Captains & the Kings".

      Hmmmm....I wonder, what do both Obama & McCain think about UFOs & aliens, and will either one of them stop covering it all up???   Maybe if the govt. got "open" about what they know and all those secret places where they store the UFOs & dead aliens, maybe if the aliens would reveal themselves to *everyone*, all this other stuff that's going on would sort of fade away?

      I just hope none of that bailout money goes to those rich greedy CEOs, I think their salaries should be cut to something like $40,000 which they'd think was absolutely *horrible* although to me, it sounds like great riches beyond belief!!!   Heck, why can't the government bail *me* out???   If it weren't for cheap Native American cigs, I'd probably start robbing mini-marts!!!!

      Anyway, I've got to go.   While I'm here, maybe I'll post some other stuff - Leaf posted a "years later" of  his "Play-Jar-Eyes" tale at a.r.e., I want to post it here.   And what the heck, I've got an absolutely *hilarious* thingie on McCain, it's in very poor taste, but one thing I've never been guilty of is always being "tasteful".

      And....I hope everyone here is also reading EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous, much more activity & good stuff there.

      Oh..."X" is always good, too - laughed at the "spammer" there, hey, people would be amazed at some of the wacko spam-nonsense that gets rejected, there's one nutsy "spammer" who joined years back but has never even noticed that none of his hysterical nutsy links are posted here, he sends the same stuff several times a year.

      Gotta go, have a good one, everyone!

      Don't be deceived by a seemingly innocent program on "Spiritual Dreams" or "Past Lives" at your local library or community center! It's one of many ways Eckankar and other cults recruit new members. Learn the truth before you sign over your mind, heart, soul, and life insurance!! See a short intro video at: http://youtube.com/watch?v=QJqkK_JDnzc and check out the links at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/eckankartruth