Re: A Former "7th Initiate's" Journey!

  • eckmahdis
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 5, 2008
      Hello Colleen,

      I hope you get better.
      Do you remember if the Eckankar office wanted you to send a letter
      requesting renewal of your HI membership?

      When my membership expired sometime after my 6th initiation I thought
      it strange not to get a renewal notice from the Chanhassen office. I
      called them and they asked me to send a letter requesting renewal of
      my membership.

      I have a very important reason for asking this question.

      Thank you

      JEN

      --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "Colleen Russell"
      <colleenmft@...> wrote:

      > I haven't been posting very much here as I'm involved in life
      outside
      > of Eckankar, I'm glad to report. But I wanted to give you an update
      > of my recent and upcoming activities. This group was very helpful
      > me when I was putting together the pieces of the puzzle regarding
      my
      > Eckankar experience. I am indebted to the support of many of you
      on
      > this site.
      >
      > This past June, I gave my first presentation on "Disconfirming
      > Inaccurate, Self-Limiting Beliefs Internalized Through Thought
      Reform
      > with Corrective Emotional Experiences" at the International Cultic
      > Studies Association Conference at the University of Pennsylvania.
      > Everyone told me that once I presented, it would be a breeze
      > afterward, and I'm now perceiving that they knew what they were
      > talking about. It took a lot to get up the nerve to present, but
      I'm
      > very happy I did and now I'm ready for more. In my presentation, I
      > discussed how I disconfirmed inaccurate, self-limiting, self-
      > sabotaging (pathogenic) beliefs internalized in Eckankar through my
      > experience in an intensive 2-year acting school called "The
      Loft",in