Re: Just joined this group.

  • Tritum
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 7, 2008
      hello all. I just created an Eckankar ning group.

      eckankar.ning.com

      I could use some help getting it filled with content.

      (Note from Sharon: I added this comment before "approving" this new member's post, and popped over to upload the video where hopefully many people will see it!! <gg>)

      --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "Sharon" <brighttigress@...> wrote:

> [...]
      > frivolous.
      > "Don't turn on the TVs until you've done your two hours of s.e.'s"
      > is a
      > common message. As one Devoted to the Light, one should be doing
      > significant things: listening to seminar tapes, reading Discourses,
      > s.e.'s, and service. And whom does one serve? The Traveler, of
      > course.
      > How does one serve the Traveler? Either volunteer for one of
      > John-Roger's organizations, or go out and make some money and donate
      > it
      > to one of John-Roger's organizations.
      >

      > One should always be wary of someone who promises that their love
      > will
      > last longer than a weekend.
      > QUENTIN CRISP
      >

      > All achievements, successes, and personal gains in a devotee's life
      > are
      > to be attributed to John-Roger. People who took credit for anything
      > personally were accused of egocentricity, materialism, and pride.
      > The
      > teachings of the Movement are clear: the bad in your life is your
      > fault,
      > the good in your life is John-Roger's gift.
      >
      > Over time, most of your friends are Movement friends; your romantic
      > relationships are with Movement people (or people who show a strong
      > leaning toward the Movement); much of your business is done with
      > people
      > in the Movement and; beyond your basic needs, all your money is
      > spent on
      > Movement activities.
      >

      > --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "queenrendek"
      > <queenrendek@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi,
      > > I was a member of Eckankar for quite a few years in the 70's and
      > 80's
      > > when Darwin was there and after. It was a long time ago but it
      > still
      > > comes to mind. I believe I joined because I had friends who were
      > > members and was searching all my life for a so called "path". I
      > went
      > > to classes when they had a center in Eagle Rock. The Lavaneri's
      > were
      > > very active there and I attended meetings that they lead. I even
      > set
      > > up a little seminar in my own town. I also went to several out of
      > town
      > > seminars with friends to Las Vegas, Sacramento, Phoenix and
      > others.
      > > I wanted to belong because I was always searching for a "path" and
      > > had friends who were Eckists and they were very convincing. The
      > whole
      > > experience was not bad really, but I never really "embraced" it,
      > > although I think I wanted to.
      > >
      > > This list appeals to me because I am still "searching" for
      > something
      > > and maybe I could get further insights from the discussions.

    • 125
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 13, 2008

        Hi there queenrendek:

        I haven't been replying to anyone just reading emails from this group for months, hoping like you that someone would  mention something that I could research and try to find some peace.  So far nothing helpful.  I mostly think alot by myself.  Do some hot yoga, this seems to help some, but I feel like there is more only I don't know how to find it.

        I loved Eckankar while I was in it, then it started to feel wrong?  I tried to stay and get the hang of it, but my old self took over and said get the hell out before you end up in a nut house.

        Here's what I have tried, I got saved - didn't know from what because I didn't feel like I needed saving, but I did it.  Then nothing... I quit church, got to despise it really, so much bs about love and such but I didn't feel anything.  Then they told me I couldn't join anyway because I had to believe 3 things and I didn't believe those 3 things even though I tried to I couldn't.

        Then life crashed down around me and I decided I'd try Eck for a while.  I loved it at first, I thought I could get some real answers about life.  I thought I did, then I realized they just wanted to train me into a higher soul to be of more help to other souls so I could move forward on "the path".  So much bs there too.  Man I tell you I can't find a thing?

        If you just need to write to someone maybe that will have to do.  I don't know.

        Oh I was an Eck member for about 4 years  in 2003 til 2007

        Hopelessly lost in VA

        R Sycamore

        I was a member of Eckankar for quite a few years in the 70's and 80's
        when Darwin was there and after. It was a long time ago but it still
        comes to mind. I believe I joined because I had friends who were
        members and was searching all my life for a so called "path". I went
        to classes when they had a center in Eagle Rock. The Lavaneri's were
        very active there and I attended meetings that they lead. I even set
        up a little seminar in my own town. I also went to several out of town
        seminars with friends to Las Vegas, Sacramento, Phoenix and others.
        I wanted to belong because I was always searching for a "path" and I
        had friends who were Eckists and they were very convincing. The whole
        experience was not bad really, but I never really "embraced" it,
        although I think I wanted to.

        This list appeals to me because I am still "searching" for something
        and maybe I could get further insights from the discussions.

        Thanks
        queenrendek

      • Rennie Dudek
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 13, 2008

          Hello R,

          I related to some of your comments for sure.  I think we tend to envy those who say "I have found it!"  And we are still floating around thinking we missed the boat and don't understand how they "found it" and we can't.   (How's that for a metaphor?)  Anyway,

          I don't know about you, but I think I was more "into" the Eck members that I knew than really embracing Eckankar.  I wanted to feel or believe or grasp it like they did.  By the way, "they" are still in it.  I email a couple of them still but we never talk about Eckankar.

          I just never really "got it".  I could never do the "spiritual exercises" with any real results or eye opening events.  I actually still use the secret chant word or whatever they called it when you got your initiation.  It seems to center me during hard times.  I don't get it but it works.

          I went to many seminars and found them non threatening, but to tell you the truth I really could never figure out what the heck Darwin or the current Eck master Harold were really talking about.  I lived it through my friends and tried very hard.  I also went to classes in my area and even set up a little seminar in my town  and read books.  I really wanted to get it but was fooling myself I think.  I was also very shy then and didn't speak up much in classes.  Now they probably couldn't shut me up.  My husband and family were very tolerant of the whole thing and so no harm in looking for something higher than myself.  At least that is what they told me. heh heh.  If you want to chat more about just let me know. Currently my "spiritual" life involves bonding with my cat and working with my plants in the yard and enjoying my family.  Maybe that is what it is about and the rest we can just leave to the Universe.

          Queen

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 16, 2008
            --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, Rennie Dudek <queenrendek@...>
            wrote:

            > Currently my "spiritual" life involves bonding with my cat and
            working with my plants in the yard and enjoying my family.  Maybe
            that is what it is about and the rest we can just leave to the
            Universe.

            > Queen

            Hi Queen and all,

            I snipped your post and left the "spiritually enlightened" part!
            LOL Because, the truth is, that is what spiritual enlightenment is!

            I was a e-cult member from age 12/13 joined with my entire family
            through our mother in the early 70s. Remained a member for a little
            over 30 yrs, and left 5 years ago... wow it's actually been 5 yrs!

            Just keep doing what you're doing and let the Universe take care of
            the rest! Enjoy your family, and everything else you have always
            wanted to try, do, experience.

            My husband and I recently rented "The bucket list", and loved it.
            Also, the movies theme song by John Mayer "Say" goes perfectly with
            the theme of the movie.

            Go out and enjoy life, I did...
            Liz

            "Say" by John Mayer

            Take all of your wasted honor
            Every little past frustration
            Take all of your so-called problems,
            Better put 'em in quotations

            Say what you need to say [x8]

            Walking like a one man army
            Fighting with the shadows in your head
            Living out the same old moment
            Knowing you'd be better off instead,
            If you only could . . .

            Say what you need to say [x8]

            Have no fear for giving in
            Have no fear for giving over
            You'd better know that in the end
            Its better to say too much
            Then never say what you need to say again

            Even if your hands are shaking
            And your faith is broken
            Even as the eyes are closing
            Do it with a heart wide open

            Say what you need to say [x24]
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 5, 2008
              > --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, Rennie Dudek <queenrendek@>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > Currently my "spiritual" life involves bonding with my cat and
              > working with my plants in the yard and enjoying my family.  Maybe
              > that is what it is about and the rest we can just leave to the
              > Universe.
              > >
              > > Queen
              > >

              > Hi Queen and all,
              >
              > I snipped your post and left the "spiritually enlightened" part!
              > LOL Because, the truth is, that is what spiritual enlightenment is!
              > (posted by Liz "Whitefeather")

              Hi Everyone!!

              Sorry, I've been neglecting ET as usual, I'm happily elsewhere
              enjoying "enlightenment"! <gg> Right now my 4-year-old grandson and
              I are definitely on one of those "highest" planes - on top of
              the "retired" pop-up camper, which happens to be the only place in
              his yard that gets a lot of sunshine and is relatively safe from
              marauding deer (aka "Pennsylvania Rats"). So, we used the old
              kiddie/turtle pool (oldest grandson & wife reclaimed their turtles)
              to start a watermelon garden, and just yesterday found our first tiny
              melon, the size of a baby pea!!

              Anyway, I figured I might as well post something about a recent
              discussion topic, and I just tried to pop into "messages" in another
              window but I'm told the messages here are not available right now.
              (??????) So, I'll just go from memory here...

              Okay, I've totally forgotten the name you're using, person who's been
              posting that psychic vampirism stuff!! BTW, I just changed your
              settings so I don't have to pre-approve your posts, and also I'd like
              to remind everyone that all members can add links in the "links"
              section here, so would you add yours? I only posted it in a message
              here, which is much faster for me than adding links.

              Anyway, this is a sort of "controversial" subject, energy-stealing or
              whatever. And puh-leeze, this is "eckankartruth" not alien abduction
              or reptilian aliens or any other of that kind of thing, true or not!
              I refrain from having an opinion about stuff like that, although
              personally I'm totally hoping that those "good" aliens will reveal
              themselves on December 21, 2012, and wave their magic laser-beams and
              we'll all live happily ever after!!! <gg> I'd really love to meet
              an alien, as long as there's none of that anal-probe nonsense, in
              which case they can expect me to rip off their tentacles with my bare
              hands!!

              But, that energy-sucking stuff, well, it's something I sort of
              suspected on my own a long time ago. And it sort of goes along with
              my own personal experience as an eckist and an ex-eckist. It's
              probably something I posted about back on a.r.e. years back, but I do
              truly believe that somehow, ekult's "corporate entity consciousness"
              or whatever you call it somehow sucks the life out of at least a
              certain percentage of its members, if not all.

              It's sort of like the membership & book sales profit, only sort of
              not on the physical plane.

              Another thing I noticed when I got out and a lot of people started
              writing to me, it wasn't unusual for people who've had just about
              totally "normal" lives to start up with ekult and then all of a
              sudden, start experiencing "psychic attacks" of one kind of another -
              in fact, this happened to a "newbie" eckist I was rather close to,
              and they ended up falling for the cult's b.s. about how <rolling my
              eyes here> all the forces of the KAL will gang up and do whatever
              they can to prevent someone from getting all that spirichul stuff
              from the original and only true "source", they'd "hu" those darned
              pesky entities away and renew their membership, never even
              considering the possibility that those "attacks" originated from cult
              headquarters!!

              Anyway, for a lot of the "newbies" reading here, I've been "out" for
              ten years now, I started out as a true-blue eckie at
              alt.religion.eckankar, determined to "save" all those poor deluded
              Souls who'd betrayed the master, and help them to return and not have
              to spend eternity wandering in astral hell. And I've probably posted
              several equivalents of "War & Peace" since then, although I've really
              slacked off in recent years.

              I still get a lot of email. Even recently, I've received emails from
              people who tell me they're experiencing many different degrees
              of "psychic attack" originating from the cult and/or its HIs. Oh!!
              Just remembered something, back when I was still an eckie, there was
              an African eckie on one of the cult's email groups who was accusing
              some HIs of practicing black magic against him. I'm sure most of you
              know that privately, this is a big subject with eckies.

              Another interesting thing I learned, going way back, there was a
              group of eckists who got together regularly to sort of "zap" the
              cult's "enemies", and they weren't sending out peace & love vibes!!
              I believe this was around the time of "Darwingate", when both
              cultmasters were accusing each other of being black magicians &
              telling their particular followers to burn all the other guy's stuff,
              etc.

              Joe Sykes is, unfortunately, not the "worst case" of this kind of
              thing. You know, for a long time I didn't think it was a good idea
              to publicize his story at all, simply because of the possibility that
              it might put ideas into people's heads and they'd end up somehow
              having "psychic attack" problems that they otherwise wouldn't have
              had.

              Some people are more suggestible than others. Some people are more
              imaginative. But...there are also a lot of totally "normal" and
              logical types, a certain percentage where it certainly does seem like
              there's no other reason for "psychic attacks" than the fact that yes,
              it happens. It's real. Maybe not everyone is a good
              enough "receiver" or something, who knows? It's sort of like alien
              abduction - why do those aliens only abduct certain people, most of
              whom would prefer *not* to be abducted?

              Have to laugh, years back my brother and a group of his friends
              experienced a big UFO swooping down on them while they were playing
              basketball. These were just grubby little kids with absolutely *no*
              thoughts or interest in stuff like this, and it was back in the 60's
              or 70's anyway, but another interesting thing is, a few years later,
              two of those same kids ended up with what seems to be an "abduction"
              experience even though to this day, none of them are "believers".

              Anyway, I was sort of jealous, and actually went up on the railroad
              tracks quite a few times (the highest & clearest tree-free location)
              and yelled up towards the sky, "Hey aliens, I'd like to meet you!" or
              words to that effect. Got no response. I'm still waiting &
              hoping...sort of. They weren't interested when I still had good
              eggs, and now that the eggs are all dried up I'm sure the aliens are
              even less interested.

              Anyway, everyone's "ecksperience" is often different, whether you're
              a member or awake & out. It's good when people are able to share
              their personal experiences & viewpoints, from one extreme to the
              other.

              Oh, well...gotta get back to "enlightenment"! <gg>

              Hope everyone else is enjoying summer!!

              PS - Alf, love the jokes, post more!! And how about that funny old
              story about Reb?? My personal "Alfie" archives are in storage. <gg>

              Oh - here's one, don't think it's yours:

              First Eckie: Darn, as hard as I try, I just can't get a clear
              picture on my inner screen!!

              Second Eckie: The screen?!? You see the screen?!?!

              (Darn, that's not exactly right - I just vaguely remember it, I think
              there was another one with it about a lost eckie wandering around
              back roads doing vahana work or something.)