Re: Sharon will hate this i suppose

  • tomleafeater
    Message 1 of 20 , Nov 25, 2007
      --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "ctecvie" <ctecvie@...> wrote:

      > --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "tomleafeater" <tianyue@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "ctecvie" <ctecvie@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Sharon,
      > > >
      > > > I know Summer from a German ex-eckist group. She has been out
      of
      > > > eckankar for a long time but is somehow unstable. Summer,
      > remember
      > > > eck-ist-eck? You did the same thing to us than you did to
      Sharon
      > > > here ...
      > > >
      > > > Other than that, agree with what you wrote here, Sharon! :-)
      > > >
      > > > Ingrid
      > >

      > > I remember Summer from some posts a long time ago. I know she's
      > > struggling and probably hurting inside. My heart goes out to her.
      >
      > ***Yeah - and eckankar didn't help in the least! I understand that
      > she is hurting inside and that she most probably can't help
      herself,
      > but it's not very nice to attack. Change is not easy, I know, but
      > it's difficult to find friends with such an attitude.
      > >
      > > There's a lot she could do to to find help in some way.
      Alternative
      > > therapies such as high dose omega 3 from fish oil (a natural
      > > treatment for various psychological disorders) are available, as
      > well
      > > as acupuncture and other approaches.
      > >
      > > Summer, find someone who you resonate with to give you a hand, if
      > you
      > > haven't already. There's no need to suffer in silence. There are
      > some
      > > good people in the world who will want to help.
      >
      > ***Depends on if Summer will let them help her ...
      > Ingrid

      I understand what you mean, Ingrid. I guess, as a health care
      professional, I'm become accustomed over the years to viewing people
      from a perspective of health and healing. Many people come into my
      clinic in irritable and foul moods, which often only reflects the
      pain and discomfort they're feeling. This isn't an excuse, but merely
      a fact.

      In the beginning, I found myself taking offense, but it wasn't long
      before I realized they were only expressing the state of health they
      were in. As such depressed and irritable people improved, their moods
      improved as well. So I learned to not take it so personal, although,
      of course, there are limits to what anyone can take from another in
      terms of bad treatment.

      The best approach, I think, is tolerance and diplomacy with people
      who are upset and angry. I wish I could say I've a perfect record in
      this regard in my personal life, but tolerance and diplomacy is my
      preferred approach. Lisa, my companion, would probably have another
      view if she read this!

      Imagine if all governments (as well as each individual), were
      tolerant and understanding of all others. Rather than resort to
      escalation as a first response, imagine the effect of diplomacy.
      Americans are learning a hard lesson about what happens when
      diplomacy is discarded in favor of aggression. It can really backfire
      into a horrible, inextricable mess.

      So, I thought I'd say something kind to Summer in my previous post. I
      hope it was taken as only that--something kind. Kindness isn't always
      perfect, and people can misunderstand the intent, but it is worth
      being companionate and kind, if at all possible. That's what I think,
      anyway.

      I don't know anything about Summer, other than the cryptic messages
      she's left here. I don't know enough about her to know how to
      respond. I don't like to judge people until I have a better
      perception of what they're all about. So I tend to hold back until I
      learn more. One thing I've learned in my life is how wrong people
      often are about others' motives and intentions. I stay away from
      public hangings unless I'm really sure it's the right thing to do.

      Leaf-in-the-Summer, feelin' the warmth on a sunny day.

      ('Cept its actually getting really cold where I live, and Summer is a
      long way off. Maybe not as far as Germany, but far off, none-the-
      less!)

      PS: One of my favorite movies is "The Ox-bow Incident." Its an old
      black and white classic about mobs and hangings and "shoot-first, ask
      questions later" mentality. I also like the old "To Kill a
      Mockingbird" –one of my true favorites.
    • tygerpurr
      Message 2 of 20 , Nov 27, 2007
        I don't know who "city.summer" is but usually when someone says
        something like "I don't mean to offend you" or "with all due respect",
        it is a fair warning that they know they are intentionally being
        offensive, mean or disrespectful. I recently spoke with someone about
        how difficult it is to talk to a die hard Eckist who actually believes
        that Harold Klemp IS the INcarnation of God, and he said that we
        should have tolerance for all religions? I asked him if he felt the
        same way about the Nazi Religion. This smacks of just plain apathy.

        I believe in compassion and understanding when it comes to mental
        illness and even truely bad people (like not believing in the death
        penalty), but I also believe that it is right to speak out against
        FRAUD and PATHOLOGICAL LIARS, etc. and to do something to stop those
        who choose to do harm, even if it means something as simple as telling
        someone that they are wrong and why.

        "city.summer" really should get some help and stop supporting
        Fraudulant malicious Cults like Eckankar.

        QUESTION AUTHORITY!!!

        Tygerpurr ; )

        --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "city.summer" <city.summer@...>
        wrote:

> [...]
        > Morton" codeygoo@ codeygoo Mon Nov 5, 2007 4:31 pm (PST)
        > What were those colorful paisley like collarless shirts from india
        > that the beatles wore during the taping of all you need is love and
        > with the maaharishi?
        > >
        > > Where do I buy them?
        > > Thanks
        > >
        > > al_radzik <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
        > > --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "tomleafeater" <tianyue@>
        > > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Best movie I've seen in a while is "Across the Universe," which
        > > > brilliantly uses Beatles music to create a storyline.
        > > >
        > > > I really, really enjoyed that film. Reminded me of my childhood.
        > > > Brought me to tears, in fact.
        > > >

        > > > Go see it.
        > > >

        > > > If any of you still have a living pulse beating in you, you'll
        > love
        > > > it.
        > > >

        > > > Conservative, anal, stick-up-your-ass types, in or out of
        > eckankar,
        > > > need not bother. Save your money for your local police fund.
        > > >

        > > > Holier-than-thou types, in eckankar or out, need not bother
        > either.
        > > > You won't like it. Save your money for church.
        > > >

        > > > Leafeater (child of the late 60's)
        > > >
        > > > (Ate lots of leaves and left)
        > > >

        > > Hey Leaf,
        > > I haven't seen it yet but it's on my list. Are you a Beatles
        > > fanatic like me? If you ever ever ever get the chance, go see a
        > band
        > > called the Fab Faux. There's about thirteen people in the band and
        > > they do an ALL live Beatle show.I've seen these stupid Beatmania
        > > wannabees come and go, but these folks are incredible!!! They even
        > do
        > > the backwards part at the end of Strawberry Fields.
        > >
        > > Mean Mr. Mustard

        > > http://mail.yahoo.com
        > > Back to top
        > > Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post
        > > Messages in this topic (4)
        > >

        > > Recent Activity
        > >
        > > 1
        > > New Members
        > >
        > > Visit Your Group
        > > Yahoo! 360°
        > > Start Sharing
        > > Your place online
        > > Blog & photos
        > >
        > > Real Food Group
        > > Share recipes,
        > > restaurant ratings
        > > and favorite meals.
        > >
        > > Yahoo! Groups
        > > Going Green
        > > Share your passion
        > > for the planet.
        > >

        > > Need to Reply?
        > > Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message
        > in the Daily Digest.
        > >

        > > Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web
        > > Messages | Links
        > >
        > > Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
        > > Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Individual | Switch
        > format to Traditional
        > > Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

      • tomleafeater
        Message 3 of 20 , Nov 27, 2007
          Hi Tygerpurr:

          Regarding this comment you made:

          I believe in compassion and understanding when it comes to mental
          > illness and even truely bad people (like not believing in the death
          > penalty), but I also believe that it is right to speak out against
          > FRAUD and PATHOLOGICAL LIARS, etc. and to do something to stop those
          > who choose to do harm, even if it means something as simple as
          telling
          > someone that they are wrong and why.

          In your view, are these two approaches, one of having compassion, and
          one of speaking out against lies, always mutually exclusive, or do
          you feel that in some cases the two approaches could be effectively
          combined?

          Message 4 of 20 , Nov 29, 2007
            Hi Leaf,

            I'm not sure where you are coming from. WHy would compassion and
            speaking out necessarily "always be mutually exclusive"? You've lost
            me here. I guess where i'm coming from is probably frustration with
            these Eckist Trolls who will continue to appear, and their purpose is
            to simply disrupt any anti ek talk. They would I'm sure love it if
            these groups disappeared and then they could dance a deluded jig and
            then continue to spread the ek fraud dogma, unabated.

            I suppose, that the answer to your question has more to do with the
            context of the situation. I am not a Saint nor do I claim to be God or
            Self Realized and I think it is a mistake for these eckist and
            execkists to think they are or ever will be. IMHO this is a huge
            inflated "Ego" and sometimes a normal argument of sorts is just the
            right medicine. Opposition when in a state of extreme delusion may at
            times be best. Always being nice may not be the best approach. Shaming
            and insulting said person may not be wise, but then we are human and
            this happens even against our best intentions. Understanding this, is
            to me a form of Compassion that may be an antidote to what is really
            going on, which is a form of Self-hate.

            Understanding and compassion and speaking out against child abuse, for
            example can be a complex endvour, and it may be very worthwhile. Have
            you read any of Alice Miller's books? There is one "For YOur Own Good"
            that even discusses HItler and I think she has also written about
            Stalin from a psycho/social perspective. She points out that some
            choose a destructive path, while others may choose the creative and
            artistic. What makes the difference?

            For myself, the context of a message board is quite different than a
            Psychotherapeutic session. As far as say HItler what if he had lived
            in a society or slightly different situation in which he was taught
            some level of kindness towards mankind. ON the other hand, we may have
            been a lot better off if he had been just assasinted early on in his
            political career.

            I was not trying to direct my post at you personally, just giving my
            own take on things, and the funny thing is that this "city.summer"
            person probably is not even reading any of this as we may think. That
            is what Trolls do. But then others may be getting something out of it
            and may actually leave the ek org. : )

            I'm glad you are still posting here and I actually liked what you had
            to say, friend.

            Tygerpurr ; )

          • Colleen Russell
            Message 5 of 20 , Nov 29, 2007
              Tygerpurr and All...

              I just read your post, Tygerpurr and what I find missing is the
              acknowledgement that "we" were once "them" so that compassion toward
              understanding how "they" are victimes of thought reform includes
              compassion for ourselves and our own experience. When I was
              functioning as a Mahdis, I thought anyone who viewed Eckankar as a
              cult was delusional, as I had internalized Eckankar's ideology, as
              Alice Miller describes in "identification with the aggressor" who, I
              believe, was no other than the Living Eck Master and others who
              complied with his control. I've found from my own and others
              expeience as former members that it can take years to disconfirm the
              deeply-held, inaccurate, self-limiting beliefs acquired in Eckankar.
              As I began to break through my denial and rationalizations so that I
              could psychologically and physically leave the org, the process was
              at times very frightening. Situations would arise that triggered what
              ws "right" or "wrong" according to the LEM 's dictates. I had a
              choice to comply with the self-limiting beliefs or break free from
              them for my self-development.

              The person who came here and commented was helpful in initiating this
              discussion. I don't know if she/he is genuine or a troll.

              If someone genuinely wants to leave Eckankar and heal from its
              abuses, each has, as we know, his/her own plan or process.
              Confronting someone about the deception too harshly could possibly
              push them back to some degree into the grip of the thought reform.
              Educating about Eckankar's deception and the process of thought
              reform can be helpful when it can be accepted, through a process of
              accessing the degree to which a person is open to reality.

              Colleen

            • tygerpurr
              Message 6 of 20 , Dec 1, 2007
                Actually, Colleen, I think you are missing a very important part of
                Alice Millers writings and research. She spoke out quite often about
                the diservice and even damage that some Psychotherapists would do by
                attempting to force a state of forgiveness onto a patient, which is
                usually about the guilt feelings of the perpetrator. I see ek Trolls
                as obviously Perpetrators who are still continuing to do harm, and I
                believe that they should be confronted when they attempt to do so.
                They are still trying to blame the victim, something you have written
                about in the past. It is obvious that "city.summer"'s post is that of
                an ek Troll. I remember when I was in your Yahoo group to to support
                those who had left eckankarp. Sometimes you could be very direct with
                Trolls and those trying to proselytize and even ban them from the
                group. I thought this was very appropriate at the time. This made me
                feel safe in the group.

                The truth, imo, is that most perpetrators are or should be getting
                therapy or rehabilitation behind bars. Personally, I feel that it
                should be more about rehabilitation than punishment.

                Maybe someone should start a group for ek Trolls. : ) But maybe that
                would be A.R.E and not eckankartruth.

                Tygerpurr

                --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "Colleen Russell"
                <colleenmft@...> wrote:

> [...]
                > > believes
                > > > that Harold Klemp IS the INcarnation of God, and he said that we
                > > > should have tolerance for all religions? I asked him if he felt
                > the
                > > > same way about the Nazi Religion. This smacks of just plain
                > apathy.
                > > >
                > > > I believe in compassion and understanding when it comes to mental
                > > > illness and even truely bad people (like not believing in the
                > death
                > > > penalty), but I also believe that it is right to speak out against
                > > > FRAUD and PATHOLOGICAL LIARS, etc. and to do something to stop
                > those
                > > > who choose to do harm, even if it means something as simple as
                > > telling
                > > > someone that they are wrong and why.
                > > >
                > > > "city.summer" really should get some help and stop supporting
                > > > Fraudulant malicious Cults like Eckankar.

              • tygerpurr
                Message 7 of 20 , Dec 1, 2007
                  Colleen, not sure why you changed the original heading from "Sharon
                  will hate this...."

                  Tygerpurr
                • colleen
                  Message 8 of 20 , Dec 1, 2007
                    I am aware of Alice Miller's and other's focus on not
                    forcing a state of forgivenenss (or any other state)
                    on clients or patients...I certainly agree. This isn't
                    a dialogue here between client and therapist however.
                    I was expressing my opinion about the similarities
                    between "us" and "them" when we were entrenched in our
                    belief that as "eckists" we were the "chosen ones" and
                    outsiders were under the illusion of the negative
                    force.

                    From my perspective, I don't have any information that
                    points to anyone posting here recently as a
                    perpetrator of abuse.

                    I appreciate your opinion, and I'm jumping into the
                    discussion here, not as a moderator/facilitator of the
                    other group I began. If I have written something that
                    leads to you feel unsafe in any way, this wasn't my
                    intent and I apologize for any discomfort I may have
                    inadvertently caused you.

                    Colleen

                    Colleen

                    (of abuse, but that is my opinion.

                    Colleen
                    --- tygerpurr <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

> [...]
                    > what if he had lived
                    > > > in a society or slightly different situation in
                    > which he was taught
                    > > > some level of kindness towards mankind. ON the
                    > other hand, we may
                    > > have
                    > > > been a lot better off if he had been just
                    > assasinted early on in his
                    > > > political career.
                    > > >
                    > > > I was not trying to direct my post at you
                    > personally, just giving my
                    > > > own take on things, and the funny thing is that
                    > this "city.summer"
                    > > > person probably is not even reading any of this
                    > as we may think.
                    > > That
                    > > > is what Trolls do. But then others may be
                    > getting something out of
                    > > it
                    > > > and may actually leave the ek org. : )
                    > > >
                    > > > I'm glad you are still posting here and I

                    === message truncated ===

                    This electronic mail transmission may contain privileged,
                    confidential and/or proprietary information intended only for the person(s) named. Any use, distribution, copying or disclosure to another person is strictly prohibited. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by reply email.

                    Make Yahoo! your homepage.
                    http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
                  • tygerpurr
                    Message 9 of 20 , Dec 3, 2007
                      Yes it is rather obvious that this post from "city.summer" was simply
                      meant to be an insult full of sarcasm. This individual has not
                      attempted to show any remorse at all, nor asked for assistance.
                      Actually, there is a wealth of information in the Links and files. I
                      don't see a troubled eckist or even an ex eckist asking for help. I
                      see an eckist trying to stir up trouble on an anti eckankar and anti
                      Harold Klemp (self proclaimed God of all Universes) etc. Message
                      Board. These type of people are just perpetrators attempting to cause
                      harm to those courageous enough to leave eckanCULT. They should be
                      confronted for such behaviour.

                      If anyone leaves ECKANKAR and they were in a position of authority,
                      they should post a Public letter of apology, either with their real
                      name or at least anonymously. I may set up a file at my Yahoo group
                      "xeckankar the chains of eck" for just this purpose. Sometimes ex
                      eckists hate it that people continue to speak out against ECKANKAR,
                      mainly because they still harbor guilt feelings for what they have
                      been a part of. They want everyone to forgive them and then go away.

                      wrote:

> [...]
                      > >

                      > > Holier-than-thou types, in eckankar or out, need not bother
                      either.
                      > > You won't like it. Save your money for church.
                      > >

                      > > Leafeater (child of the late 60's)
                      > >
                      > > (Ate lots of leaves and left)
                      > >

                      > Hey Leaf,
                      > I haven't seen it yet but it's on my list. Are you a Beatles
                      > fanatic like me? If you ever ever ever get the chance, go see a
                      band
                      > called the Fab Faux. There's about thirteen people in the band and
                      > they do an ALL live Beatle show.I've seen these stupid Beatmania
                      > wannabees come and go, but these folks are incredible!!! They even
                      do
                      > the backwards part at the end of Strawberry Fields.
                      >
                      > Mean Mr. Mustard
                      >

                      > Back to top
                      > Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post
                    • city.summer
                      Message 10 of 20 , Dec 5, 2007
                        Hallo Sharon,
                        to become a member again is good, because one can go through
                        the "rest" of the hurts and troubles.
                        If`ve tried it, - that is why I do not mention my name. It is
                        pointless - would only cause me trouble. I really pretended, and I
                        think some Eckists who read this will know it is "me" anyway. (Yep I
                        know it).
                        The promises Eckankar made and in which I trusted broke my heart
                        somehow. I could feel that again when I was a member for a year!! And
                        could say good bye more and more to this broken heart.
                        Did I make myself understood?? It is not that I suggest to become
                        dependend again, but more like to become less depended. It did me
                        some good to be a member again.
                        Fully pretending that I loved it all. Wasn`t that easy but a tiny
                        little bit of fun was also there (hahaha).
                        Does it take some sort of humour to pretend to be a full Eckist??
                        Love
                        Summer

                      • city.summer
                        Message 11 of 20 , Dec 5, 2007
                          I do not know you Ingrid!!
                          All the best for you and don´t get over concerned!
                          Summer

                          --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "ctecvie" <ctecvie@...> wrote:

                          > Sharon,
                          >
                          > I know Summer from a German ex-eckist group. She has been out of
                          > eckankar for a long time but is somehow unstable. Summer, remember
                          > eck-ist-eck? You did the same thing to us than you did to Sharon
                          > here ...
                          >
                          > Other than that, agree with what you wrote here, Sharon! :-)
                          >
                          > Ingrid
                          >
                          > "Sharon" <brighttigress@> wrote:
                          > >

                          > > Ha, gotta laugh at this one. "Summer", I had a feeling you were
                          > > loyal member of the mahaunta's "Truth Corps." But I'm
                          > curious...why
                          > > are eckies so disturbed about people who wake up and leave, and
                          > speak
                          > > out about it? Why do you cultpuppies feel the need
                          > to "infiltrate"?
                          > > You're certainly not the first, and not the last, either.
                          > >
                          > > Don't you realize how you're violating those "spirichul laws" you
                          > > claim the cult teaches, and that you supposedly believe in?
                          > >
                          > > You people are just SO clueless. You just don't get it, do you?
                          > >
                          > > You don't realize how totally blind and brainwashed you are.
                          > >
                          > > You see, I don't really worry about cultpuppies sneaking in here
                          > > because I know eventually, you'll reveal yourselves and everyone
                          > can
                          > > see that ekulties are just as sneaky and deceptive as their
                          > > phony "masters" are.
                          > >
                          > > You just don't get it.
                          > >
                          > > Everyone - take a good look at "Summer's" post, below.
                          Everything

                          Message 12 of 20 , Feb 1, 2008
                            This got lost in an earlier discussion, but I think it is still very
                            relevant. It is about the Grandiose Delusion that leads down a path to
                            despair. Keep blowing up the balloon and eventually it just bursts
                            with a loud bang that should wake them up. Unfortunately, many don't
                            wake up in eckankult, they stay in a state of trance or a diluted
                            existence, hoping some day for the promised delusion that will prove
                            to everyone else that Klemp is in fact a godman and they are on a path
                            of Higher Initiation into Candy Land. Grandiosity is a path to despair.

                            This is from an earlier post, and I think it makes sense. Life is
                            already miraculous enough and also hard too. Try losing a little
                            weight, and the laws of nature will let you know just how much power
                            you have and don't have. I have not met one person who used the so
                            "spiritual" method of "THinking Thin", who succeeded. These New Age
                            methods don't work when it comes to practical matters. I can dream
                            myself thin through Lucid Dreaming, but I still wake up with the same
                            belly fat that everyone is struggling with. Give me a break.

                            I am not a Saint nor do I claim to be God or
                            Self Realized and I think it is a mistake for these eckist and
                            execkists to think they are or ever will be. IMHO this is a huge
                            inflated "Ego" and sometimes a normal argument of sorts is just the
                            right medicine. Opposition when in a state of extreme delusion may at
                            times be best. Always being nice may not be the best approach.

                            To truly escape ECKANKAR, give up the God Realization Delusion, IMHO.

                            Tygerpurr ; )